It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your out of gas!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Where i live gas stations are running out of gasoline and closing down, Some gas stations will only refuel emergency vehicles. This is happening simultaneously as prices soar. Is this happening any where else? I live in the Ohio valley region.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I live in New Hampshire, but work in Mass. My mother-in-law and wife are driving around the Manchester, NH and are seeing gas stations running out of gas as well. This is probably happening because CNN experts are saying prices may hit $3.25 by this weekend. I told them to get gas NOW because of that...Seems the rest of NH is doing the same!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
My wife is in a trade show in Kissimmee florida, about 10 miles from Orlando. She just called me and stated that there is no gas at 3 of the stations that she just tried. She finally found gas at a 4th station. She stated that there are cars about 7 to 8 deep and people are yelling at each other. She is with her mother and actually stated she was quite frightened by the way some of the people were acting, arguing and trying to push thier cars ahead of others.

I have watched from my window at work, the gas go over 3 bucks since this morning.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've only seen one gas station above $3....Westford, MA $3.11...I'm sure it will be worse when I leave work at 10 pm tonight

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The price of gas in Ontario now sits at $1.20 Canadian/ liter or about $5 a gallon. In US funds that would be about $4.25.

We can count on this going up fast over the next weeks and months. I think we're in for a hard ride, because all our food costs will rise with the fuel shortages since our food mainly gets shipped by 18 wheelers (which also have to factor in the higher costs).

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
North Texas checking in...........I know it's not much, but we went from 2.69 to 2.75 overnight!!!

per gallon that is!

[edit on 31-8-2005 by irishmen3g]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just tried to get gas at my local convenience store. NOT. I couldn't even get out of my street, so I turned around and went home. The cars were lined up all the way from the store to my street, unbelievably, (that's about 600 ft.), and there were two policemen controlling the traffic. Screw it. I'll wait till late tonight, of course by then there may not be any gas left. This in the north part of Atlanta, GA. I've never, ever seen this before.

I can't believe this crap. Things are not good. /me polishes off the 9mm glock, and locates ammunition.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The wife and I filled up Sunday night at $2.65 in Syracuse area. I reloaded today at $3.00 at a local retailer and my wife at $2.85 at Mobil. Across the street from Mobil it was $3.19. I have 3 5 gallon containers on standby just in case -- but you can't let it sit too long or it turns bad. You never know how people will react when they hear about potential shortages or rationing. Our plan is to top off the tanks every couple of days just in case. We're "averaging up" in investment terms.

I fully expect $4 by this weekend. We're rather far from refineries and ports. On an aside, I think we're going to Sam's tonight to stock up on durable goods to potentially offset the inevitable rise in prices of everything.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This is horrible. No gas lines or shortages here in the DFW area of Texas (yet, or if there is I havent seen any).

All my local gas stations are selling at $2.89 as of August 31. It was $2.69 yesterday.

[edit on 31-8-2005 by Thatoneguy]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
"At Least Ten U.S. Airports Face Closure Due to Jet Fuel Shortages"

August 31, 2005… Airlines and oil companies are working on plans to supply jet fuel to at least ten U.S. airports that could be shut down due to a lack of jet fuel caused by refinery and pipeline shutdowns from hurricane Katrina. The airports in most jeopardy for closure include Atlanta, Charlotte, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Orlando, Tampa, Washington Dulles and West Palm Beach.

www.airportbusiness.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufochaser
I've only seen one gas station above $3....Westford, MA $3.11...I'm sure it will be worse when I leave work at 10 pm tonight

$3.09 in Somerville, MA around 6pm...

What sucks is i need to get some gas before work tomorrow, and looking back i regret i didnt get it when i passed the station. who knows how much it's going to cost in the morning.

at least i know the commuter rail stops near my work...

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yeah..I am thinkin of stopping at a cheap(Yeah Right!) Station on the way home if I can find one between Westford, MA and Hooksett, NH...Good luck to me...
LEavin, chat later.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
www.gasbuddy.com...

You can look up gas stations anywhere in North America and they provide highs and lows for different areas. Great resource for checking the best price in your town.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
yea check this my town of canton pa here 310reg 315 mid grade and 330 premium and i expect tomorrow to be a diffrent story!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There are currently three threads on the price of gas just in the peak oil forum!

This is the oldest www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I'm closing this one and the other.

top topics

join