It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other part of Katrina

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru

Originally posted by Jaia

Originally posted by dbrandt This is my point. The U.S. is experiencing major calamities because the majority in this nation no longer desire to live for/believe in/accept God(and I mean Jesus Christ).

If natural calamities or major calamities are caused because the majority of a nation no longer desire to live for or believe in God/JC ... Why are there countries and part of countries still standing fine and dandy?

Probably because these are areas God has chosen to spare because they are more believers there. I also believe that it is punishment for rejecting God.

Quote me properly please .... You forgot the part ofter the comma, which changes what I asked. And your answer doesnt make sense, when looking at the proper question

Originally posted by Jaia
Why are there countries and part of countries still standing fine and dandy, despite their lack of belief.

YOUR response
Probably because these are areas God has chosen to spare because they are more believers there. I also believe that it is punishment for rejecting God.

Please read first ... thanks

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Many African nations are starving and at war, London just had terrorist attacks. Egypt just had a terrorsit attack. Russia has been attacked by terrorists. China and Iran have had huge earthquakes since I've been alive that have killed thousands. Israel has suicide bombers. From the news, as long as they aren't lying, I've been told the ozone hole over Antartica has increased the rate of skin cancer in Australia.

That hits the nail on the head.

You know why these things are happening?

Because this planet is not a stable little haven. This planet is a veritable stew of tectonic plates, weather anomalies and human contributing factors.

Earthquakes have been around since well before the time of Christ. So have tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, hunger, famine, death and destruction. With the exception of perhaps hunger famine and death, these are naturally occurring phenomena over which we have absolutely no control. Absolutely none at all.

These things just happen. And it's quite obvious that sometimes, prayer and God don't quite manage to fix things. Look at the countries in Africa which have a Christian majority, yet are still suffering horrifically from famine and disease. What is their crime? What are they doing wrong?

These are acts of nature, they've happened since the planet was first born, and they will keep on happening until the planet dies.

I appreciate the sentiment behind sending prayers and good wishes to those who are suffering, but pressuring people to convert-or-be-sorry is just not a charitable act.

These victims need our help, our compassion and our love.

Not our judgment.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
You know why these things are happening?

Because this planet is not a stable little haven.

That's right all of creation suffers because of sin.

Bill and Hillary on the news yesterday said that New Orleans will be rebuilt. Lets say the most massive rebuilding this country has undertaken happens and we have New Orleans 100% normal in 4 years. Then 4 days later a category 5 hurricane comes and destroys it again, what then.

You think what I'm preaching is judgement, when I'm trying to wake up people to the fact that eyes and ears need to open up to God Almighty.

That is where the only hope for things like this can be found. There is a God who has vowed to return and bring all destruction of any kind to an end. It's a day He has already decided upon.

If I bought an airline ticket for a flight that leaves at 9:20 am. The anouncements come to board the plane, but I hear them and choose to ignore them because I don't believe them. At 9:45 I decide that I am now ready to board the plane but find out it has left. I decided this because the pilot will see that I am not there at 9:20 and he will change his plans to fit mine. That's ridiculous, people operate on schedules. Whose fault is it that the flight was missed?

God operates on schedules also, if we refuse to hear the warnings He sends, whose to blame when these things come. And His appointed day to return to put an end to all destruction will come no matter how much we bury our head in the sand.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think you are 100% right on dbrant....

You are discerning the situation, not judging.

It would be foolish to rebuild New Orleans the way it was before also. Something has to change there..how dumb to keep pouring money into that area where another hurricane could decimate things. It needs to be reworked.

Personally, I couldn't say out loud I was praying for the people of NO unless I did so.

Some people say that the displacement of the people to other areas of the country will give them a second chance at having a better life. I hope so!

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I came across this when I was reading about a week ago. The chapter talks about how God will use the weather for His purposes. In verse 9 the word whirlwind can be hurricane(look in a concordance). Continue reading and at verse 13 it tells us God will allow the weather as a means of correction.

Finish the chapter and basically it says God is God and people are to grasp that fact and take notice of what He causes and allows around us, and not just pass it off, but take things seriously and look to Him.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My heartfelt concerns (and more importantly, dollars) went out to help Katrina victims (and will continue to do so). But seriously, if this was god's wake up call, then what can we conclude?

The obvious conclusion is that the US is not on his most favored nation status (pinatubo also proved Christianity false, right?). The whacko Christian fundamentalists were quick to point out that the tsunami proved Islam was false, since it was most assuredly god's wrath against the heretics (who really shouldn't even be considered human, NUKE IRAN!!!).

Using this same brain-dead neocon style lack of reasoning, we must also conclude from Katrina that Christianity is false.

Has god smitten the Buddhists recently, or must we resort to the smiting imposed by the now smitten Christians hordes in WW2?

God does seem to actin rather indirect ways. Why not just strike down dead with lightening everyone who isn't following the One True God™?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
God does seem to actin rather indirect ways. Why not just strike down dead with lightening everyone who isn't following the One True God™?

Because He wants as many as possible to be saved. I posted a verse that should get people's attention. I hope some have there ears open and are listening.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
Because He wants as many as possible to be saved. I posted a verse that should get people's attention. I hope some have there ears open and are listening.

To gain the greatest numer of saved, simply remove all the naysayers from the earth as well as all evidence of them and let the True Chistians™ breed. Billions of believers would follow in just a few generations.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Theres not a damn thing anyone can do to stop these things. Its not god (directly), its natural. It happens every year, and the earth is getting warmer so there will be more erratic weather. If you did science at school, you would have learned when things heat up, activity increases.

This is nothing to do with man. Its nothing to do with god (directly). Its all to do with natural cycles. The earth cycles from hot to ice ages, we are in the next hot age. Eventually, we will be back in an ice age and the earth will get colder and weather will stabilise.

It makes me sick how judgmental you christians are. Why the hell should gay people bother you? Apart from what you are TOLD to believe, what do you truly have against them? Im sure if you actually bothered to speak to them and get to know them as people you will realise that they are just like anyone else, wanting to live their lives in peace and freedom, which is unjustly denied them by ignorant people - people like you. God is not gonna send a hurricane to wipe them out.

You are not gonna be able to stop hurricanes by any amount of praying. But, if you REALLY want to lessen their destructive effects, how about getting off your backsides, and go and bug the hell out of that retarded leader of yours who has destroyed your country to end the war and return funding to its rightful place? Better yet, get his impeachment set in motion? HE is the reason New Orleans is destroyed. Not the gays, not the blacks, but HIM.

And the even sadder thing is that most the people who abuse the bible dont even understand what is really written in it.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

To gain the greatest numer of saved, simply remove all the naysayers from the earth as well as all evidence of them and let the True Chistians™ breed. Billions of believers would follow in just a few generations.

No that wouldn't work. Christian's children have to make the choice to accept Christ also, and some choose to reject Him. All the naysayers are loved by God also and everyday He uses the circumstances each face as a means to get their attention focused on Him so that they may be saved also.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
No that wouldn't work. Christian's children have to make the choice to accept Christ also, and some choose to reject Him.

They wouldn't make such a choice if they were not exposed to alternative views.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

They wouldn't make such a choice if they were not exposed to alternative views.

I agree up to a certain point. The thing is all who are born are born with the ability to sin. Even though a newborn hasn't committed a sin with age they eventually will. Sin will rear it's head with age. Mankind also has an enemy that is constantly seeking to lead us astray and further and further away from God and what is right and to do wrong and ignore God.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willow_Dryad
Theres not a damn thing anyone can do to stop these things. You are not gonna be able to stop hurricanes by any amount of praying.

But, if you REALLY want to lessen their destructive effects, how about getting off your backsides, and go and bug the hell out of that retarded leader of yours who has destroyed your country to end the war and return funding to its rightful place?

And the even sadder thing is that most the people who abuse the bible dont even understand what is really written in it.

Agreed, mankind cannot stop a hurricane or tornado etc.
Disagree, prayer can change things. Read 2 Chronicles 7:14

The President claims to be a christian, only God knows for sure. He has done some things that I don't believe a christian should have done, and not done some things he should have.

Your last claim of christians not understanding the Bible is based on what? It's merely your personal opinion because you don't agree with us.

Remember not everyone who says they are a christian really are.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willow_Dryad
Theres not a damn thing anyone can do to stop these things. You are not gonna be able to stop hurricanes by any amount of praying.

But, if you REALLY want to lessen their destructive effects, how about getting off your backsides, and go and bug the hell out of that retarded leader of yours who has destroyed your country to end the war and return funding to its rightful place?

Agreed, mankind cannot stop a hurricane or tornado etc.
Disagree, prayer can change things. Read 2 Chronicles 7:14

The President claims to be a christian, only God knows for sure. He has done some things that I don't believe a christian should have done, and not done some things he should have.

Your last claim of christians not understanding the Bible is based on what? It's merely your personal opinion because you don't agree with us.

Remember not everyone who says they are a christian really are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join