It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another storm on the way?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
We now haw tropical Depression 14. It looks to me like this one has some nasty potential. It seems to be well put todether. Maria could be born in the next few days or maybe even hours.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

www.ssd.noaa.gov...
(looped image showing movement)

Looks like this one might just get sheared by the spinoff of Lee….
I’m not seeing how it’s supposed to go on their projected path, but I hope they’re right, and it stays well away from us…as mentioned would be "Maria" if it gets to Tropical Storm status....

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Looks like shear is no longer an issue with TD #14. It almost looks like another area of circulation is starting near it too, but it could just be part of the mass of it, and it may strengthen up.

At this point, I don't see how in the hell they arrived at their current predicted path for TD#14....it just doesn't seem to jive with the sat picture.... Time will tell though, and actually I hope they are right and it stays out in the ocean, instead of coming to the warm waters...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
gaz watch out for delevopment near the Bahamas over this weekend and yes there is indeed another circulation behind TD #14, I think TD#15 will be named within the day or two. Best chances for a hurricane imo will be TD#15.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
So let me get this straight...TD 14 is not much of a threat. but TD 15 is.

- I wish I had the link to the map I saw that showed the different paths the storms take when it gets near fall time of the year. If they form off of Africa right now then the chances of it hitting the US is remote compared to the beginning of the summer. It is the storms that form up around Cuba and stuff that can be a problem.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
TD# 14 becomes Tropical Storm Maria
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

td#15 isn't even name yet Tim, I'm looking at the satellites and see that circulation behind TD#14 which is Maria and based on where I and some experts think it is going feel it will be the next threat.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Not sure how they think it'll do that, but I'm not complaining... I can't see that drastic of a northerly path, more like heading for South Carolina.... I suppose they feel that soon to be (or already) TD #15 will "bump" it up that way?

If so, I'd suspect WW is right, and that one will be the one to worry about..."Nate" is the name it'd get....

www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Satellite loop of area....

Here's a satellite still... As they are so close, I can't tell which is Maria, and which will be TD #15....any help on this...??? From the coordinates it would seem Maria is actually in yellow, with the other area in blue, but I can't say that for sure, as the sat image is more updated than advisories...

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The latest sat image really makes it look like Maria will absorb that other circulating low....as weird as that is. It also looks to be continuing on the westerly track, and that ridge has just as good a chance to push it south as it does north imho....such as eventually riding the north coast of Cuba or even hitting the east coast of FL. Still too far out to tell though.

NHC is being slow as molasses, but the Weather Channel has a 2:44pm update...

Tropical Storm Maria (formerly Tropical Depression 14) is strengthening well to the east-northeast of the northern Leeward Islands as thunderstorms flare near the center of the circulation. This is the earliest formation for the 13th storm in any season since 1851. It is expected to strengthen more but probably stay below hurricane strength. Maria future track is forecast to change from west-northwest to north-northwest, taking the tropical storm well east of Bermuda, and at this point not forecast to affect the U.S.

Another area of low pressure with pulsing thunderstorms around it continues to spin westward over the central Atlantic Ocean. This system has good potential for development, but it is well away from any land areas for the time being. That being said, it may be deemed a depression some time today.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Gazrok]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join