It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Deny Ignorance" and the ATS Conspiracy...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Follow those who follow the money.

Thank you Majic....My first full belly laugh of the day!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
I got SkepticOverlord on the hamster wheel 15-20 hours a week. Professional web server packages set you back about $500 a month, Enterprise level servers about $750-$1000 a month. Did anyone hear S.O. mention we have four servers running ATS??

Wow. I had no idea it costs anything like that to run this place. I want to do my part, lets replace the imported beer

with domestics in the staff fridge.

Fudge it, sell one of the servers for scrap, we need the good stuff!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
No way!!!!

Imported beer is OUR beer!!! That local bud weasal pee is not fit for human consumption

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I should point out that I'm one of the long-term skeptics here -- your picture of the board as a happy haven for any loon who wanted to post his pictures of a fake electronic bird (remember that one?) or the luggage carousel he claimed was actually an entrance to a UFO base (remember THAT one?) or his latest Evil Chupacabra In My Bedroom tale (remember that one?) still got whacked by us evil skeptics, even in the early days.

There are plenty of boards that accept these reports unquestioningly and will discuss them very earnestly. They won't try to pick apart a faked photo of a group of Civil War soldiers who shot down a "pterodactyl." And they'd never be so rude as to locate sources for a photo of aliens and point out that these are really S/FX from an indie movie.

There's a lot of folks who love that kind of board.

I'll be honest -- I don't. I like the good debates here and the good information. I've disagreed and been skeptical of a lot of things and have been proven wrong any number of times. I've also proven others wrong.

I think this kind of board does a greater serviced than all the "we believe anything you say!" boards out there. There's a lot of disinformation out there and certainly Clarke's law about 90% of just about everything is garbage rules in cyberspace.

The admins didn't hunt me down and beg me to show up and debunk stuff. No one contacted me and pleaded for me to stay (I figured they thought I was an unmitigated pest)

The board took the directions it did because ordinary people -- like me -- showed up to learn and enjoy.

I've always found that if a board or Mud or anything else in cyberspace isn't fun to be involved with -- that this is a sign to go find another hangout. Heaven knows I've left boards and Muds and Mucks and chats before. I didn't do the Melodrama "I'm LEEEEEEEEEEAVING!!!!" post. I just left quietly and found places I liked better.

Like this place.

Your mileage may vary.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Nygdan; fantastic "Aw Jeez..." pic!!

And from now on I'm gonna start clicking adds every-so-often

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Heres my 2 cents...

ATS was and still is a place for conspiracy theroists. Ive been here almost 3 years, and ive seen ats change quite a bit. The administration is not looking for profit, they are , as NC said, realying on the money to fund the board. ATS uses more igs a month than I would think possible. We have 4 (I think) servers. The cost of the servers themselves, not to mention the reapirs and maintnience, would probably be well over a thousand bucks.

I will admit there are quite a few skeptics on ats, but they're not the overwhelming majority. ATS is still a place to share conspiracy theroies without being attacked, the trolls that do get banned. Remember "Colonal"?

So, next time, before you post something like this, get your facts straight.

If you don't like ats; leave. Its as simple as that.

-TSK

top topics

<< 1   >>

join