It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Fargin Sucks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I wake up in the morning and go to set a computer up for my dad so he can write. No big whoop, it's a laptop, I'm just throwing it on a desk and hooking a monitor, keyboard and mouse to it. The mouse is USB (compy only has 1 PS2 port) so I don't think it's going to take more than 2 minutes to do. Set everything up, and then I turn on the Lappy to make sure everything is working. There's no reason to think it's not, but I've learned that mentality can really get you into trouble at work.

Compy boots up, we've had this thing for about 2 years now, by the way. It boots up, and windows is demanding it be activated. Again. Obviously, since I had XP Pro on there for the past 2 years, I must have activated it a long while ago. Well, Microsuck wants to activate it again. Ok, whatever, no problem. I grab a 50 foot coax cable, and run the cable modem out of the room where it is to a half way point. Then I take a 50 ft. CAT-5 and connect it to the compy. I tell Windows to activate via the web. It communicates with the inter-web for a moment, and comes up with "Unauthorized Product Key". WTF?! It wants me to reenter the key. Fine. whatever, I took a personal day today because a cousin I haven't seen in ages is back in town, so I go digging for the XP disk.

This computer, again, is 2 years old. Finding this disk is no easy task. I finally track it down after about 15 minutes of hunting, and Microsuck returns the message -- Unauthorized Product Key, Key already activated. No $#!^, Sherlock, I did that 2 years ago! So I cancel. F You, Microsuck, you suddenly demand I reactivate my copy of XP and then tell me I already have? F You!

I reboot the compy, and it, again, tells me I have to activate Windows, do I want to? Nope, I don't. Microsuck wants me to buy another copy of XP because I've already activated it on this computer and that is unacceptable. Apparently XP is a subscription OS. You have to buy a new copy of XP ever few years. So after swearing several times (rather loudly), I figure forget it. The OS may be locked, but I can connect the compy to my LAN and gain access to the HD that way through one of my other computers. I spend about 15 minutes moving a desktop from my room to the office my dad wants to use (he freaked out when I told him where it would be for the day, and I had to correct that right away. Thanks again, Microsuck.) and then I connect to the compy that suddenly needs a new operating system. Well, by golly, access is denied! I have the hard drives shared, but that doesn't matter, and I can't check out the properties on the computer that's locking me out because Macrosuck isn't letting me access my computer.

So in short, Macrosuck does exactly what the name implies. It sucks. Big time. I have to buy another Macrosuck XP liscense to access my hard drive. Eff you, Bill and your effin' company, Macrosuck.

I'm switching to Linux.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
hehe I don't know if you noticed, but as I recounted the tale of how badly Macrosuck sucks, I was getting madder and madder. The language change kinda amused me
I do like the new name I have for that lousey company, though. Macrosuck. Macrosuck. It just rolls off of the fingertips. Macrosuck.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I never have any trouble... besides something that pisses me off about windows.

***Update Completed****
Your computer will be restart in [counting down clock], you can restart now, or hit cancel and restart later.

So you hit cancel and the message comes up 5minutes later asking you todo it again untill you restart...

I've been using one copy of windowsXP since it came out.. everytime you cant reactiveate it on the computer.. call them and they'll give you new codes based on your codes.

Vorta

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
See, that's the bizzare thing. We have a couple of computers on XP at work, and one of my jobs is sys admin. I've never run into this before. However, the big difference I see is that this laptop was offline (meaning off, not just not connected to the inter-web) for about 3 months. I turn it on today, and yet again it demands a product key. All my other compies are running 2k, it's much more stable and it doesn't require an internet connection. This one, though, seemingly forgot that it was activated. So it would seem Macrosuck wins again -- my mom is picking up another copy of XP after work so my dad can write.

EDIT: I've not called them because at this point every other word will be a swear, and that doesn't help you to get technical support. I have deleted just about every third word making these posts

[edit on 8-31-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
That was funny jj. I like the nickname 'Microslop'.

If your are running Microslop and your CD tray decides to have a tantrum, this virus could be the cause, and rather annoying.

Trojan.Cdtray is a Trojan horse that repeatedly opens and closes the CD-ROM drive.

Symantec

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I know, I found that out trying to find the explanation for this. Thankfully, RANT in all of his infinite Godly wisdom, realized I was just promoting websites on that thread and considered me a liar in my explanation of what went wrong, as he called Sauron a liar as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
That was funny jj. I like the nickname 'Microslop'.

If your are running Microslop and your CD tray decides to have a tantrum, this virus could be the cause, and rather annoying.

Trojan.Cdtray is a Trojan horse that repeatedly opens and closes the CD-ROM drive.

Symantec

Sanc'.

LOL!

You brought back some memories, I'd almost forgotten.
A few years back me and a friend found an application online somewere that would constantly open and close cd drives. We put it on a friends computer, after an hour he ripped both drive trays out and kicked the computer across his office, We kept quiet about that!

Vorta

new topics

top topics

join