It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Balkan Terror Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The Balkans are a hot bed of Al-Qaida activities by the looks of things. This article reports of training camps and even possible transportation of nuclear weapons in the region.

Here are some excerpts from an article by
Srdja Trifkovic

”…Der Spiegel reported on December 8, 2003, that the "monstrous" King Fahd mosque in Sarajevo -- the largest in Europe, on which the Saudis spent a total of $20 million -- is a breeding ground for Islamic extremism in Bosnia, with some preachers openly inciting the faithful. Western security experts have said that Bosnia could become "a hotbed of extremists ready to ... carry the fight of the Islamic terror syndicates against the 'godless West' to the southeast of Europe"(1)…”

More:

”…Der Spiegel goes on to quote a French expert as saying that, of some 5,000 foreign mujahideen who had fought on behalf of Izetbegovic [in Bosnia], many remained behind. The number is unknown, but there are "too many to be safe," according to George Friedman, director of Stratfor, The Balkans are "of strategic importance" to Al Qaeda, he says, and it can use the region for its goals at any time…”

The article us HUGE, read it all as there is some great information in there.

It seems to me that the Balkans is making the news more and more in regards to terrorism. I really hope they can get their radicals under control and tighten the borders before they stage an attack on a western power. I fear for the peaceful people of the region if the West defends itself…

[edit on 31-8-2005 by skippytjc]

new topics

join