It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP and Hurricane Katrina

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Does anyone here think that HAARP has anything to do with the strength of this storm? Or is it just a coincidence that HAARP was very active right before Katrina hit Florida? Here is a picture of Katrina on Aug 24th.

And here is HAARP's magnetometer chart for a weeks period from Aug 21-28. Notice how there is a big spike between Aug 24 and Aug 25. This spike occurred right before Katrina made landfall in Florida.

For the people who don't know what HAARP is please check out their official website.
www.haarp.alaska.edu...

HAARP is short for High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program. Basically what they tell you on their site is that "HAARP is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes."

But it has been documented that HAARP sends billions of watts in the 2.8-8.2 MHz range into the ionosphere, which isn't healthy for the ionosphere and can create "holes" per say in the sky. It also creates artificial auroras, and has been rumoured to be able to control the weather, thus my thread.

Basically if you search on google you will find a lot of interesting websites regarding the HAARP project.

Anyways back to the topic at hand. I was hopeing to get a discussion started about HAARP and Hurricane Katrina. With references to my pictures as well. This is without a doubt the most devastating hurricane to date. And my question is was it purely mother nature, or did the "angels" who watch over us play their HAARP?

You decide! This may just be paranoia at its best, but hey you never know, this is a conspiracy board and truth is stranger then fiction.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Intersting,

Although I don't think HAARP had anything to do with hurricane Katrina, I would like to see the discussion here about it.

Personally I'm of the opinion that the hot sea water in the Gulf is responsible for the rapid growth of Katrina to a cat 5 storm.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Are you suggesting that HAARP was used to lessen the storm just before it made landfall? No, they all have a propensity for doing that. At least the last several that have struck the gulf coast have done that.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Intersting,

Although I don't think HAARP had anything to do with hurricane Katrina, I would like to see the discussion here about it.

Personally I'm of the opinion that the hot sea water in the Gulf is responsible for the rapid growth of Katrina to a cat 5 storm.

Agreed for now, as I don't know enough about HAARP yet to make any solid conclusions. I would like to see if there are any experts here regarding HAARP as I haven't seen much discussion on it lately.

Thomas Crowne
Are you suggesting that HAARP was used to lessen the storm just before it made landfall? No, they all have a propensity for doing that. At least the last several that have struck the gulf coast have done that.

I am not suggesting anything, I just find it kind of strange that HAARP spiked right before Katrina turned into a hurricane during its first strike in Florida.

I also wondered why Katrina gathered strength so quickly over a few days going from Cat. 1-5 in a few days, but as The Bandit stated I'm sure it was the warm gulf waters. Also hurricane Andrew back in '92 went from a Cat 1-5 in only 36 hours.

My original question pertained to why HAARP spiked right before tropical storm Katrina Turned into Hurricane Katrina right before making landfall. People have always questioned HAARP when hurricanes are involved.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
IF this was the case, surely you'd see another such spike on Aug 28th prior to hitting there....but you don't.

IF HAARP really worked as many believe, then we should be ticked that a Cat 4 has now pretty much just wiped New Orleans off the map....

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
Does anyone here think that HAARP has anything to do with the strength of this storm?

Absolutely not. If the government could weaken storms they would do that when out in open water before land fall thus preventing any possible damage. Just suggesting this is a possibility is ridiculous.

Just by their nature all hurricanes tend to weaken just before land fall, simply because half of the storm is over land before the eye hits land. Hurricanes can only get strong over water not on land. The only exception would be when passing over a small piece of land like the Florida keys, or an island.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Slightly off topic but not really

I have followed many threads that discuss what HAARP may or not be or do. It has gained an almost mythical status, analagous to Area 51 or Pine Gap or other installations where secret projects are rumoured to take place, but nobody really knows what happens there.

Well, I just checked out the HAARP site and it turns out they have 'Open Houses', where anybody can visit the site and even photograph the equipment. From the FAQ of the HAARP site:

any and all are invited to visit the site and take photographs of the buildings and instruments located there. Several scientists are usually present at these open houses so that visitors can talk directly with those who will eventually use the observatory. Open houses have been held since 1995 and have proven to be a popular event.

I am sure people will respond with "But as if they would show you the top secret, weather changing machine". Maybe, but wouldn't it be cool to see some photos on ATS that were actually taken legally from inside HAARP? Even if you didn't see any death rays or weather machines, it certainly would be educational and interesting, don't you think? Any members from Alaska?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have never understood peoples obsession with HAARP. Its a giant magnetometer. I've seen photos of the array. Its a series of antenas. Can't do much damage with that.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Actually, one of the banner pics here is of the HAARP array, haven't seen it in a while though.....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm not much of a HAARP did it fan either, and I have looked into it several times. If Katrina was engineered, it would be counter productive to destroy your own infrastructure, too easy to make HAARP a scapegoat, and bring the wrath of the UN down on the nation.

Weather control, as well as "weather tampering", is expressly forbidden dating from at least December 10, 1976, when the "United Nations General Assembly Resolution 31/72, TIAS 9614 Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques" was adopted. The Convention was: Signed in Geneva May 18, 1977; Entered into force October 5, 1978; Ratification by U.S. President December 13, 1979; U.S. ratification deposited at New York January 17, 1980.

On the otherhand, Haliburton gets the New Orleans no bid contract, go figure:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Some say its Yakuza and the Russians, some say China, some say global warming and some say it just happens. I'd liked it pin down, if it is engineered. My intuition has its red flags up and gut instincts say something smells foul Watson. Doc Strangelove in da house?

Currently the lastest tropical systems have targeted New Orleans, Brazil, Taiwan and looks like South Korea is next. They all happen to coincidently be democracies too. If the big one hits San Andreas soon, then I say they've figure out some Tesla engineering.

BTW that magnetic chart can also bounce when a solar flare influences the Earth's magnetosphere, you have to monitor HAARPs frequency if you wanted to see when it is actually on the magnetometer isn't a good indicator.

Weather Wars: Was Katrina artficially created?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll keep it open ended drawing no conclusions untill I osmose more data, cause I do hate playing a fool of reason.

Points back for ya...ty

[edit on 3-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I wonder what it is about HAARP that worries so many ignorant people? HAARP is nothing to be worried or even mildly concerned by. The transmitting site could be 10 times as powerful as it is now and it still wouldn't be a concern.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If you look at the water temperature charts for that area, there are several warm water currents right next to Florida, and in the Gulf of Mexico. Warm water is food for hurricanes. If HAARP was the magic weather machine capable of affecting a storm why strengthen it, you would think that they would use it to seriously weaken it and do less damage, than let a Category 5 storm hit a below sea level area.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Funny someone asked about HAARP this evening. I was in another convesation about the same thing.

Anyway here is the HAARPCam link:

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
I wonder what it is about HAARP that worries so many ignorant people? HAARP is nothing to be worried or even mildly concerned by. The transmitting site could be 10 times as powerful as it is now and it still wouldn't be a concern.

How much do you actually know about HAARP? Please enlighten me regarding your in depth research regarding HAARP. Because, frankly, this post shows you know little about the operation.

If you want to comment on HAARP then please do some research before spewing lies about it. I suggest searching google for "HAARP". Or downloading a few documentaries to get you started. If you use Bittorrent why not start by searching torrents for the documentary entitled "Holes in Heaven HAARP and Advances in Tesla Technology." You can also find this documentary available by searching Limewire or any other file sharing service.

There are also many DVD's available on HAARP. Just letting you know about the resources available. If you are interested in HAARP please take some time to check into it. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have to ask. Where exactly did this picture come from?

If I right click on it the source revealed is img192.imageshack.us...

and the original author said it was from HAARP and even listed harps website, but how come the pictures came from an imageshack website?

People are writing articles quoting this source as if it were gospel but I find it's source is questionable. What gives?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
If you're concerned about where this picture came from then you can go to the HAARP data site and draw your own matching picture.

What is it with people anymore? Quick to try to disprove, then spend virtually no time seeing if it could be real.

Here: 137.229.36.30...

Plot width = 1 week
Ending date = 20050828

So, go draw your own picture and you'll answer your question about its credibility. You can't link to the image results because it's a dynamic page. I could save the image to my website and link to it; but then you'd question that when you right-click it... That's probably why it was saved on imageshack.

[edit on 9/7/2005 by titian]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have done alot of reading on HAARP, chemtrails etc. I don't understand people that don't see the problem with 'heating the ionosphere'.

In the HAARP Executive Summary that I found on the Aerosol Crimes website, that when I last checked is now gone, they say scary general, non-specific things such as "Generation of ionospheric lenses to focus large amounts of HF energy at high altitudes in the ionoshpere, thus providing a means for triggering ionospheric processes that potentially could be exploited for DOD(Dept of Defense) purposes.

They don't come out and say what they are doing but even in the vague way they say it is scary.

I have read that the capabilities go farther than weather, but shifting of tectonic plates (tsunami). They don't fear discovery from using these weapons. It hasn't hit the mainstream, they are still struggling with 'George Bush doesn't care about black people'. Do you think the mainstream could handle covering ELF, GWEN, Chemtrails and HAARP. No, I didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thanks titian your assumption was correct. I agree with you that everyone is quick to want to disprove facts before taking time to research them.

Now lets try and have a debate here on that topic at hand rather then just quick prove you wrong posts with no evidence to back up you're claims. When someone posts a quick one with no valid arguments or evidence to back up their claims isn't this ignorance, at its finest?

[edit on 9-8-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
IF this was the case, surely you'd see another such spike on Aug 28th prior to hitting there....but you don't.

IF HAARP really worked as many believe, then we should be ticked that a Cat 4 has now pretty much just wiped New Orleans off the map....

typhoon nabi hit after .. (+ new one now near florida www.abovetopsecret.com... .. a thread you started ) coincidences or haarp? haarp has been operated on Long Island and it could be more dangerous than we think , we don't know yet the side effects of the project, earthquakes could come soon.

its not haarp but i found this link

www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

[edit on 8-9-2005 by kalki]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Why are you people coming down on me? I'm just trying to check facts. For all I know you could have pulled it out of thin air and made the whole thing up.

Anyway I made another chart for the whole month so I will see if I can get it to post here.

I'm not trying to prove or disprove anything just to examine the facts for myself without prejudice instead of going by what one person or the government says I check things out for myself like the rest of you should be doing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join