It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I know... I know... Lame title but hey it says what I want to say and well, that's usually the extent of my "creative writing ability"... Direct and to the point.

I want to THANK EVERYONE for toning down the political snipes, single minded non-topic related thread hijacking, and the like, IT WORKED.

The overall atmosphere is much more collaberative and MUCH MORE civilized and that's ALL we ever wanted.

I think the coast is clear enough to announce a stand DOWN of "Strict Enforcement".

Please note, that does NOT mean if we see a return to bad habits they won't be dealt with effectively and fairly. They will be.

Thanks for "getting it" and thanks for helping make our community a little better.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I agree fully... the atmosphere around ATS has been much nicer than in previous weeks, and I'm glad fellow members have all helped to contribute to it, no matter how small their part may have been.

Also, I think the introduction of Podcasting helped take people's minds off of this and also helped to "throw some water on the fire" so to speak.

This is how ATS should be. I'm sure this whole thing is a part of life, but if we can start to try and dampen it here in our online community, perhaps we can also apply it to real-life situations and slowly but surely make the world a more peaceful place.

Heres to ATS!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
That being said... look for a new political debate contest coming soon to kick of the PTS PODcasts. And the prize will not be points.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
change of subject but it's really bugging me -

is that you in your avatar Skeptic?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

While S.O. is a famous guy to me, he aint Jeff Bridges...

Springer...

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
that's the Dude, dude.

glad to hear we aren't a bunch of jerks any more. let's keep it up

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I wish I could say, "you're welcome," but to be honest, I haven't done anything differently. I will commend the administration and the moderators on their efforts in this matter, however, as it has made ATS a far more enjoyable place.

I "got it" a long time ago (about the time I joined), and I feel that many others here got it when they joined as well. For those of us in that group, I'm sure we're all appreciative. For those that didn't "get it" initially, but had since "gotten it," we're all appreciative of you too. For those that never "got it"... well, nice knowing ya!

Thank you so very much Springer, SO, Simon, all of the mods, and all of the members. Thank you for making this such a great site.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Good thing, the squad and I were getting heavy jet lag. That and we were down to 1 "flashy thing" with low battery (the lithium got warm). Amuk got really starved after one flight and used two for chop sticks. Oh, and some guy in a black suit with shades claims we took his while at the Norad terminal.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by AgentSmith

While S.O. is a famous guy to me, he aint Jeff Bridges...

Springer...

Doh I didn't know..

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
YAAAAY!!!! no more bashing and arguments!

Thanks to everybody who helped with this effort!

--Kit

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
No more arguments?

I don't think that's accurate.

First off, there will always be problems with new members, and forgetful, spleenful regs.

Secondly, part of what makes ATS grand is the arguments. Argument is just the heated exchange of ideas, nothing wrong with that.

Let's hope there are fewer stereotypes thrown around, and let's hope fewer arguments degenerate into name calling and flame-offs.

If there were no more arguments, I don't think ATS would last long. This place is more than just an information depository suitable for prosaic viewing by sterile semi-people.

Different opinions are still welcome on ATS, thank God, and where there are different opinions, there are arguments. We're having one right now.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
...there are arguments. We're having one right now.

Are not.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The whole fiasco makes me wonder if what im posting will be closed, moved, deleted etc etc.

Mission Accomplished.

It makes me stay out of the war on terrorism forum now.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Its always going to have heated DEBATES.
thats just natural especially in a world where everythings sooo divded.

this thread is the FIRST ive even seen of stricter enforcements or what not.
I just hope people can still tackle and argument without being told to tone it down.

Some people just dont understand things until its put into a diferent light.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I want to THANK EVERYONE for toning down the political snipes, single minded non-topic related thread hijacking, and the like, IT WORKED.

Thanks! Even if it is from a left-wing tree-hugging.... DOH!!!
Almost blew it! Whew!

(kidding...
)

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Please PLEASE PLEEEAASSEEE dont turn this into a site where the smallest of infractions people get pulled up on.
It was a good site becuase people could DEBATE and have heated contests with each other.

If people are goign to take offence at a INTERNET POSTING, they shouldnt be playing in the frying pan.

Please dont restrict this site to make it acceptable for 5yr olds.

Being I can come to this site and debate with those that I dont agree with makes it that much enjoyable.

I agree being civil, but when someone says ' You prolly cant add up 2 + 2 '
and then someone repleis with ' Id be surprised if you can count to 2 '

I think being able to have pot shots at people to encourage a bit of SPICE in a debate is what makesi t all the more better.

Dont turn this into a red taped, beurocratic, restricted G Rating site.
PPleease I beg of you, allow some fire in the pan!

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
One Member's Opinion

On the off chance that some members may not know where I stand on all this, I made a podcast for it just tonight:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure beats doing all that typing!

See you in PODspace...

Majic

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I totally agree with agit8dchop. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.

ATS lite? No thank you!

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Does it look like ATS Lite around here? This conversation is over TWO WEEKS OLD... It's way past over with.
What are you all going on about?

Springer...

[edit on 9-15-2005 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What im talking about..
Is i was DEBATING with someone..
they said to me
'' you prolly cant add up 2 and 2 ''
I replied back
'' you prolly cant COUNT to 2 ''

Keep in mind these comments were at the FOOTERS of a long post..
I asked this guy if he felt offended he said no... he assumed I WAS offended because we BOTH GOT emails stating to edit our posts or lose 250pts.

ITS A JOKE!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join