It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe this is what happened???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Having just read a theory about Roswell on here I thought I would add a theory of my own that I read about a week ago and puts an interesting slant on the whole cover up question! I'm not sure of the validaty of the witness or story but I thought it was a pretty viable theory, apparently it was passed on from a dying doctor who was linked to the military at the time of the roswell incident and who was present at the airforce base at the time the bodies were recovered! He basically said that the US military were attempting to see what affects travelling up to high altitudes would have on the human body the first steps as it were into our exploration of space and as the chances of them getting any sane person to basically volounteer to commit suicide were pretty slim they recruited handy-capped and mentally deranged people from hospitals, circus's etc to do the work for them with the promise of a career as a 'test pilot' for the US airforce a short career at that! The craft were apparently half balloon half glider with the idea that once the balloon had had reached a certain altitude and the reults recoreded the glider would be released and float back to earth safely, the bodies were apparently small as this would mean they were light and would put less stress on the fragile flying machine, obviously they would want to keep experiments of this type pretty damned quiet and so you get the cover up and half truth's! I'm not sure If I believe this story or not but I guess as a theory it sounds pretty viable anybody got any thoughts! when I get the chance I will post the link to the full story with names etc the link is down at the moment!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, without links to the story, it is difficult to determine the veracity of this story, but from what you have said it smacks of urban legend. A dying doctor speaks out after decades of silence to reveal the truth of the Roswell incident? Just sounds a little "my cousin knows a guy whose great aunt twice removed dated the guy who photographed the crash"-ish for my liking.

If they wanted to test the effects of high altitude testing on humans, why not just use their own recruits? I mean, recruits are essentially government property and legitimate, documented cases have demonstrated the government's willingness to use them as test subjects (MK Ultra, for example). Why go to the extraordinarily illegal effort to recruit civilians, and civilians suffering from mental conditions at that? For that matter, why not use chimapnzees, as they did for the initial space tests?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
www.virtuallystrange.net...

found another link to the story!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I am afraid that, having just read the full story, I am extremely unconvinced that this is what actually took place at Roswell. First of all, the person admits that the story is second hand and that the person who originally told it has since died. This makes it very easy to say anything you want, since you are subsequently unable to provide any evidence. It also defers responsibility if and when the story is proven to be a hoax, by claiming that the story was not yours, but came from another source and that you were merely passing it on.

Their is no name given for the informant, nor for his uncle, who supposedly told the story. This also adds to the 'urban legend' aspect of the story, since at no time is any living, verifiable person named as a source in any way whatsoever. The story also mixes itself with more accepted accounts, such as that of Operation Mogul, the weather ballon theory. This provides it with a modicum of credibility to prop up that lost in not identifying the sources. Mixing truth with fabrications is often a powerful method of constructing a believable story.

The other point that made me skeptical was the intricacy of certain details in what is supposed to be a second-hand account of an oral story that was not written down. The story falls into a conversational style between "Bill" and the "Captain" wherein entire pieces of dialogue are presented. Are we to believe that "Bill" remembered this conversation word-for-word and then managed to recount it for another person without flaw? It reads too much like a story for me to take it seriously:

My uncle stared off into the distance. By now he was out of breath.

Sometimes I wonder," he said, "if they learned anything useful from that experiment."

Finally, the fact that it cites the alien autopsy film as evidence really strains credibility. As I understand it, that video has been largely debunked. This sounds like an effort to incorporate scant pieces of partially believable material to spin into a credible story that cannot be proven and therefore may be true, therefore carving out a place in the heart's of believers.

In my opinion, therefore, this is a hoax, and not a good one at that.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yes, it is indeed the Nick Fern's Body Snatcher's in the desert theory.

Sorry but the facts just don't add up. The eye-witness testimonies don't support this either.

First of all, the material Mac Brazil found on the ranch did not match any balloon or aircraft material that would be used in the construction of a balloon or a Geman Horten brother's flying wing. Secondlly, why would the military spend weeks trying to collect every single piece of material from the ranch? Where does the 'aluminum foil like' material come into this?

I can think of hundreds of faults in this theory.

new topics

top topics

join