It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunting of my mother's house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I have debating about making this thread for a while but I figured it couldn't hurt to post some info and request some help.

Ok, this story is about my mother's house were she has been living for the past year or so. Over the past 5 to 6 months, she and her boyfriend have experienced strange and regular paranormal occurences. Little things, like cabinets opening, weird sounds, pictures falling and breaking, strange lights, that sort of thing. She soon found out that two elderly women died in the house. Well, it just so happens that she works with and is friends with a woman who investigates paranormal activities and has been doing so for quite a few years. My mother's friend is assited by her husband and her sisters who have also been doing the same kind of research for a number of years. My mother asked them to investigate the house and find out if it is haunted.

So a month or two back, they did an investigation. They were very thorough with it, using recording equipment to catch EVP's and apparitions, and taking tons of pictures, although I'm not sure if they used EMF readers or not. They also performed a seance (I think they are Wiccan but I'm not sure about that, I'll ask my mom).

During the seance they asked whatever inhabited the house various questions, like who they were and how they were connected to the house. At one point, the woman's husband went into a sort of trance until the end of the seance. When he awoke, he imediately said the names Harry and Harold. Later during the investigation, one of the women saw the form of a man wearing a military suit with a hat on. She confirmed that the man was Harry from which the husband had earlier named. The investigation ended and they left to analyze the data they collected.

It turned out that they had several pictures of orbs of light and several pictures of strange mists that were not seen at the time. They also had some EVP recordings from the investigation.

Now, I have not seen any of this data or evidence myself, but my mother has and she confirms that there is some strange stuff in the pictures and recordings. We are currently awaiting for copies of the pictures, video, and sound recordings so I can review them and post them on ATS.

I also plan to do my own little investigation, minus the seance, very soon and would welcome any suggestion from anyone that has doen this sort of thing before. I have a taperecorder and a high-quality digital camera, but I know how often that reflections off dust particles can look like orbs, as I have taken many pictures of dust orbs myself. If anyone could give me some adivce as to what I can do to avoid false orbs or voice recordings, I would really appreciate it.

I'll try to put up some pics and maybe recordings soon, but I don't know when I'll get them. And one last note, I found out that my mother's friend will be doing another investigation sometime soon and I will make every attempt to attend this one.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No problem. For photography, make sure the room is still and you're not kicking up any dust. Close windows, turn off fans and just let things settle a bit. You're inside, so you don't have to worry about moisture or climate effects. If possible, get some cheap lens paper from Longs or a camera shop and gently wipe the lens between EACH shot. They also make these plastic squeeze-bulbs with a brush attached for getting all the dust off.

Check the room carefully for anything that might reflect a flash and cause a lens-flare. Don't shoot straight at windows, mirrors or the like. Even something small and shiny can give a false positive. It's preferable to shoot with both a digital and film camera. If an anomaly shows up in both, it's great evidence.

For EVP, make sure that, if you have to talk while taping, that you do it in a normal speaking voice and you don't whisper. That makes it easier to pick out your own voice on the tape. Also, if you use an external microphone, make sure it has a short cord. Long cords can act like antennas and receive interference from other signals. The community is divided on the usefulness of background white noise and its ability to amplify EVPs through resonance. Try it both ways if you like.

AVOID seances and ouiji boards unless you really, really know what you're doing. Despite what some people say, some spirits are evil and terrible, manipulative liars. Don't welcome that risk into your life.

I hope that helps a little. Google around a little and see if you can find a local ghost group that can bring some electromagnetic and ionic sensing equipment.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Just to add, make sure you also look in to the history of the house and the ground its built upon, You should be able to find some bits in the library,

Good luck,

join