It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Way too much time on his hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This is the perfect example of a man with WAY too much money and time on his hands.

www.xsn.net...

To summarize, he didn't like playing MS Flight Sim 2004 on his computer, so he bought the front 1/4th of a retired TWA 727, built a hangar, and has been restoring it to work with Flight Sim. To the point where they have 6 passenger seats, and if you look out the windows it looks like you are really flying.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
WOOOOAAAA!.....he must have far too much time on his hands just to have taken all those bloody photo's!

what a project......beats hanging a model of a spitfire from your bedroom ceilling!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Time? TIME???

Hell I hardly have enough MONEY to keep this damn computer updated, let alone BUY a partial aircraft and retro-fit it for a simulator!

Misfit

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
ohh ok so you got enough money to "keep" your computer updated?

i got this aptiva from 1999, and not updated it once, cant afford to, and it dont need it. what do you do to update a comp anyway

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiddly54
ohh ok so you got enough money to "keep" your computer updated?

i got this aptiva from 1999, and not updated it once, cant afford to, and it dont need it. what do you do to update a comp anyway

Oh little things, like going from a Voodoo 3 to a used GeForce MMX440, an SB16 to a used SB128 sound, Win98 to Win2K, or adding a whopping 64mb to an existing 128mb SDRAM. Sims, graphics rendering, music, etc on those parts is all but futile with the apps in use.

What's with your comparison on my parts updating vs yours againsy my spatting at irrelevancy of time vs that dudes obvious financial recourses anyway, especially considering you have no need for upgrade?

Misfit

new topics

top topics

join