It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Mason Mumbo-Jumbo - A load of hooey!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well, I'm not a mason, and I really don't know any personally, so I have sort of a neutral stance about them. But it really makes me mad when these Midwest preachers set up ther own little blogs and sit there and bad-mouth the masons. I hate to sound like I am stereotyping people, but I can honestly say that I have seen many anti-mason sites made by Midwest Protestant preachers.

Anyway, they go on and talk about how masons are devil-worshippers, and yada-yada-yada, and then they quote some biblical scriptures, whose meanings they bend to support their anti-mason rhetoric.

Of course, once you scroll down the page some more, they continue on their tirade, but redirect their anger at Catholics, Buddists, and any other religion or organization. This really discredits their anti-mason statements in my opinion. They look like they just want to point their fingers and hate everything around them.

A big complaint of these preachers is that the freemasons perform lots of "rituals." According to what I have researched, the rituals of the freemasons are small playlets in which the initiate participates. The playlets pretty much tell small parts of a large story. There is symbolism in them, and the preachers seem to hate this too.

Here's my rebuttal: I am a Christian, and I partake in taking bread and water often like Jesus said to. This is a ritual. The bread and water are symbolic of the flesh and blood of Christ. There's some symbolism for you! Christians have some sort of morbid fear of the number 666, or rather what it represents. Again, more symbolism. Show a Christian two planks of wood nailed together perpendicularly, and they see a cross. More symbolism. There's also the sign of the dove. I could go on and on and on about rituals and symbology in Christianity - the religion that I myself practice - the same religion that these preachers claim to practice!

My point - it seems lots of people want to hate masonry for the fun of it. They throw in some scripture verses to scare other church-goers that they will go to hell if they associate with masonry. I see absolutely nothing in masonry that contradicts Christianity. In fact, the York Rite has the Knights Templar subgroup, which is an extremely pro-Christian group. I also heard that in England, either in the past or currently, one could not advance in the Scottish Rite past the 18th degree if they were not Christian.

Of course, I'm rambling. I apologize if I was offensive. I tried not to be.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think I just might give this my last Way Above vote for this month. Anybody willing to actually think rather than simply believe those sites is a breath of fresh air.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

They look like they just want to point their fingers and hate everything around them.

They dislike Masons because we teach in the lodge to tolerate others religious beliefs.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
ya know i think that has to be the best argument i've ever heard in my life....Well stated, you get my vote as well. and your right, The masons have never done anything to them why do they pick on us? it must be for the fun of it.

Let's assume for just a moment for sake of argument that the freemasons ARE devilwoshipers, who exactly are they hurting?

Now lets go back to reality, we give over 500 MILLION that's right 500,000,000.00 DOLLARS to cheritys all over the world EVERY year. does that make us bad people? or how about the fact that we set up hospitals for sick children? again oh god we're going to hell. How about supporting widow's and orphans? oh man it gets worse and worse.

Yes we have rituals, everyone knows that. They are to teach men to be better people in general.

Yes we allow other religions, that's because masonry is NOT a religion. I have personally been inside a masonic lodge that says a jewish prayer, and hear of a lodge that has a number of buddists as memebers. does this make us horrible people because we believe all men are equal no matter who they believe is the creater?

I have ever heard from my OWN FATHER about how masonry is evil because of their past, well ya know what? WE ALL have a past. anti-masons and masons alike, everyone has skeletons in their closet, are christians not taught forgiveness?

Masonry looks at what a man is inside of himself, not his past, nor the past of others. Everyone is welcome in our arms and hearts. Does this sound like something so awful?

And last but defenatly not least....Rulling the world....oh how i love this argument, the avg. age of freemasons is 67 years old. can't you just see a bunch of old guys sitting around a big room contemplating the fate of the world? PLEASE!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
...or how about the fact that we set up hospitals for sick children? again oh god we're going to hell. How about supporting widow's and orphans? oh man it gets worse and worse...

I forgot about the hospitals - e.g. the Shriners Hospitals. Don't you have to be a Master Mason to join the Shriners? Those evil little Master Masons!

And, of course, the Master Masons are going to take over the world. Here is their plan:

Step 1: Donate an average of $2 million to charity every day of the year (of course this is only a front to their Satanic Luciferian Nazi Communist Globalist New World Order Reptilian Genocide Humankind Enslavement plot)

Step 2: Rule the world!

I solved the enigma! I'm telling the world! Yahooey!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by trinitrotoluene
Don't you have to be a Master Mason to join the Shriners?

Yes. Originally, applicants for membership in the Shrine either had to be at least 32° Scottish Rite Masons or Masonic Knights Templar in the York Rite. At the Annual Session of the Imperial Council of the Shrine in 2000, the Imperial Council's Constitution was amended to eliminate the Scottish / York requirement, in turn requiring that applicants only be Master Mason. A motion that membership in the Shrine be opened to non-Masons was defeated.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
the entire society is split in two.

the masses are there to carry out the frontline work, and those who have contributed a lot to society and actually make a difference...the frontliners are people who contribute too, but they don't go on to politics...

i'd say 3 out of 10 masons are in the know when it comes to being architects of society...

like at BG every summer, it's not just masons, but also people from other illuminated brotherhoods... masonry in america is kind of like the shriners in a sense, stereotyped as old people..........

real masons join at 18, because it takes years to get anywhere near the top, and lots of good friends.

and the goal is not world domination, the goal is world stability.

[edit on 31-8-2005 by boombye]

[edit on 31-8-2005 by boombye]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boombye
the entire society is split in two.

the masses are there to carry out the frontline work, and those who have contributed a lot to society and actually make a difference...the frontliners are people who contribute too, but they don't go on to politics...

And what is "frontline work"? All the "work" that masons do, learning and ritual, is for their own self-benefit ONLY. Freemasonry is a school, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
well in school, some kids are put in the special class... in most cases, most lodges are the special class...not to be offensive, but this is true.

People coming to learn is one thing, but coming to do charity and kiss ass in the neighborhood is only going to get most to Master Mason...Then you have people not knowing what the Sons of Belial are, or what the difference between York and Scottish rite is....I mean seriously, why teach each and everyone, all that is needed to be known if they don't deserve to know and/or never approached with a desire to know.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boombye
well in school, some kids are put in the special class... in most cases, most lodges are the special class...not to be offensive, but this is true.

Actually, it's not... because ALL masons are part of a Blue (regular) Lodge, and only about half of masons go on to advanced degrees. In school, some students are in "special" classes, most aren't. this is not the case in Freemasonry, therefore your allegory doesn't apply.

There is a dissolution of knowledge in Freemasonry, but that is not because lodges are designed that way. It's because some masons don't take the time, nor do they care, to study Freemasonry.

Just curious, are YOU a mason? have you ever attended lodge? Do you know what lodge is like?

new topics

top topics

join