It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Kennedy Was Right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I actually had to applaud you for this, I agree with you on this matter in excess of 100%.

For once, maybe some people will let go of the material values they have once held as more important. With every thing going the way it is, not very many people will be able to afford being material girls. I can see the civil divide developing ever more so each day. The 12% US poverty level just went up like a rocket. What are all the rich people doing to help, which multi millionaire is going to donate a few mill. How come the working class gets leaned on the most, when they are scraping just to maintain a upper lower class living standard. Yet they still give and even foot the bill, when there are those who could do so with the millions they can't even spend in a life time.

Jacked up, I say yes. If there is going to be a civil revolution in 2005, I can see it more clearly now than ever. The people have more to fight for now, as there is more to gain than can be lost.

But don't worry Nerd, there are people from all over the nation in every state, giving a helping hand.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeT
Well even a broken clock can be right twice a day. You must be a member of the Democratic Underground as well. They post the most anti-American comments imaginable. You have their kind of bigotry.

Aid is going in quickly. The situation given its size will take time to fix but fixed it will be. Hurricanes have created hell before and they will again. This is an old problem.

This one just hit the right city that was poorly placed a few hundred years ago. Imagine placing a major city in a depression below sea level just a few miles from the sea and then placing a large lake right next door! It was just a matter of time.

Ok what?? That doesn't make sense considering that Republicans are the ones who want the money. Okay look at Bush. He is now lying about the war. It was a complete marketing thing for him. Dude, watch Farenheit 9/11. It will change your opinion and your views. John. F. Kennedy was a Democrat. Okay also have you watched a movie with Eddie Murphy called distinguished gentleman? Okay basically he uncovers this mean republican plot. Okay Democrats are not anti-american. Democrats are Anti-war. But to republicans its anti-american to protest the war which gets them all the money and gas they could steal. Okay bush started this war to get gas. He bombed inocent people. there were no terrorists in IRAQ nope none. Don't even Deny this or ignorance.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Don't even blame Democrats we're not the ones in office!!!! Duh! you would of known that Bush is incharge of this country and HE is the one making everything a living .... He is by far the worst president since Nixon. Okay you think that starting a war is american? I mean What??????????????????????????????????????? Just think about that. what is this world coming to?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
we have never had anything to this magnitude happen in this country. many of us were unsure if what was happening was normal, until the media explained that this isn't going to subside and in fact is unbelievably large scale and NOT typical. after that understanding took hold, i can honestly say that i have never heard about sums of money being given as they have been these past few days. i can't even count the amount of "funds" being put in place to get cash to those in need in just my local area. nerdling, your attitude was extremely immature and silly. in the future, please be a bit slower to speak on or judge things that are developing. now you just look like an assling.
daved

[edit on 9/1/2005 by Dasher]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru
Don't expect alot of aid from other countries, I have come to accept the fact that for whatever reason, most other countries hate us with a passion.

Like our buddy Nerdling, that wasn't his own deepest thoughts coming to surface was it? Only this time he did a good job of deflecting his own opinion onto the American's as their own.

And what are you doing to help Nerdling?

While you gripe about what you think American's aren't doing, I guess you would be just as bad since I can probably bet my coffee money that you ain't doing #e.

Sorry to knock you off your high horse.. It's just too easy to push you off when you play on the slippery slope.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru
Don't expect alot of aid from other countries, I have come to accept the fact that for whatever reason, most other countries hate us with a passion.

We may "hate" the Americans as a country, but we are still very compassionate when it comes to our fellow human being.
It makes me sick to my stomach that these poor people in New Orleans are suffering & all we can do is watch on the news. I'm confused thou as to why the sniper fire at emergency workers....

ps...if you guys want more people to like you, then perhaps when you visit our countries you could leave your arrogance at home & just enjoy our countries in a normal fashion........instead of comparing everything & being loud, obnoxious& just plain rude. Thanx

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figjam
I'm confused thou as to why the sniper fire at emergency workers....

What is there to be confused about? Obviously it wasn't a very good sniper, if the fire was at the workers and not hitting them. By hitting I mean killing, not just wounding.

Here is the link to the sniper article, nothing more than just guesses as to why.
www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 1-9-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'll repeat again.......I'm confused at to why the sniper fire at emergency workers.
Explanation to people who don't understand that.......why would people on the ground be shooting at people who are trying to help them?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Figjam
I'll repeat again.......I'm confused at to why the sniper fire at emergency workers.
Explanation to people who don't understand that.......why would people on the ground be shooting at people who are trying to help them?

The criminal mind can be hard to understand. However in other news reports I heard that people were trying to get out of the city any way they could. Hijacking cars or threatening to shoot people in an attempt to use force to get out of the city might make sense to a criminal. I haven't heard of any successful attempts to hijack a helicopter by shooting at it though from a distance. I'd chalk it up to stupidity since this person stayed in a city when one of the worst hurricanes in US history was going to strike and was warned to leave. Then they shoot at people trying to do rescues. On the other hand maybe they have a death wish. Criminals aren't always the brightest people around.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Nerdling, what really disappoints me about your piece is not just your ignorance about Americans; as a foreigner, you aren't expected to know that much.

And it's not your anti-American bias, we're used to that.

But what really disapoints me is that you have written sound stuff in the past, and this piece is just poorly put together. Americans are refugees and that leads to a diatribe about us being upset at the high price of gasoline, and we're generous to a fault and we're extremely selfish ...

...and you attempt to tie your thoughts together with an irrelevant quote by an irrelevant President about whom most of you have no direct knowledge whatsoever.

I have seen you put ideas together coherently on many occasions, and that's what is annoying. If I had read such a rambling and smarmy post and seen the accompanying avatar of any of about fifty percent of the other members here, I'd just shrug it off.

But you have done competent work in the past; I can only hope this is an aberration.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I really don't think we should be politicizing this. Thousands of people have died, and are still dying. Americans are doing all they can to help out the people in need, and the people who are blaming one side or the other should be ashamed.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I question this. No one has mentioned how far inland those are being helped. If there are still people living in attic spaces unable to get out and of course without water and food, holding on and waiting. No one talks about how the forces coming in plan to physically get to these people to see if folks are still alive and why....is it so hard to helicopter water at least and drop it over the convention center? This is incomprehensible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join