It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina follows Iraq, La Tortue Island, SE Asia Tsunami death toll coverups

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by amb1063
oooooooohhhhhhh PULEEZZEEEEE

gimme a BREAK! this one takes the cake. i don't see WHY there would be a need to cover up the deaths..............to what end???

population thinning??????
ggeessshhhh.

sorry i don't buy in to this one at all.

angie

We're not asking you to buy in to it.

If hurricanes like Katrina keep hitting the US every year, killing thousands each time, there will be some serious economic implications ($$$). Eventually, environmental lobbyists will start demanding legislation that houses be built with better standards to withstand such hurricanes. Similar to the legislation that requires highrise buildings in Japan to be built to withstand at least earthquakes that are six on the richter scale. Not only that, the US government will have to divert even more money into building better flood control systems.

On a side note, a high death toll is demoralizing and humiliating. We are the bloody United States for crying out loud. We put people on the moon, we build nukes that can take out entire countries with one strike. And now we can't bleeping prevent a few people from dying from something that we saw coming for days!! So much for the pride of America. And it's not like hurricanes is a new occurance. Japan have dealt with typhoons, hurricanes, and earthquakes for decades.

So that is why the US have to keep the death toll from going public. The one thing the US cannot stand is people laughing at them in their faces. And don't go into denial, the world IS laughing at us. They may be sending relief aid but not in empathy, but in pity.

Again, with all coverups, there is always economic implications and monetary benefits. I am no civil engineer, but I can only imagine how much it costs the US per year to maintain its system of canals and dams. The last thing they want to see are lobbyists demanding more spending, with a high death toll as leverage. Low death toll, simpler problem.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by gabrielleung]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i was watching 60 minutes last night and they showed dead bodies floating

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Oh come on. The reason there is no death toll is that they are too busy trying to take care of the living and getting the water out of the city so that the living people can move back in. Which is more important, taking care of the people that survived and getting the city taken care of, or going in and pulling out bodies so that you can have an official death toll already?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have been watching forign news the death toll looks much higher like 60,000 yet here in america we are being told 10,000

The point of cover ups is to stop something to get to the public you dont want them to know.

The cover up could be from a new weapon miss fired or shot us, Global warming (if they say that we will lose huge amounts of money off of oil) they know panic will break out the number is to high and US citizens finding out there not god. There are lots of reasons why they could

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Any death toll being thrown about right now is from a COMPUTER MODEL. Depending on the computer model you can make the death toll say just about anything you want it to.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSage
I have been watching forign news the death toll looks much higher like 60,000 yet here in america we are being told 10,000

Sigh, that was a computer model. ALot of people got out before it it hit. Also, Matts screaming coverup on the 30th
Before we even have anything close to an offical toll.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
How easy is it to cover-up a death toll of tens of thousands in the US?

Just an example - testimony of a respected vietnamese, there are NO reasons whatsoever to doubt it. Lots of people have read this and yet total silence of the controlled mass media.

BAD NEWS:
A family friend called us last night and told us that US Coast Guard found nearly 400 bodies of Vietnamese in La Fitte shore, those lived in Grand Isle, La Fitte, and southern coast line of Louisiana. We know they are all fishermen or shrimper. However, majority of them are crab meat/shrimp/oysters peelers and very poor. They couldn´t leave town b/c they don´t have good transportation so they decided to stay and hope the hurricane will pass to another path just like many time before. However, when the hurricane reached near land, they started panicking so they want to leave but it was too late. One guy from the whole village jumped in the car and ran. It took him 36 hours to get to Baton Rouge. The rest of village couldn´t make it. I don´t know why they haven´t reported this new. And as you watch the news, they said Grand Isle is completely disappeared in the map.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Tentative optimism that New Orleans’ death toll from Katrina might be far lower than first projected has given way to somber reality over the past 36 hours as search and rescue squad turn up bodies by the dozen in the hardest hit areas of the city.

By mid-afternoon Friday, the black triangles used to designate human remains were multiplying on an emergency command center map. Federal Emergency Management Agency rescue squad liaison Charles Hood said a spike in discoveries Friday has started to take an emotional toll on rescue workers.

“Parts of the city have become a target-rich environment for human remains,” Hood said. “We’re just now getting into the areas that experienced the most rapid inundation.”

Large chunks of the city, including parts of Gentilly, the Desire-Florida area and Upper 9th Ward, have revealed tell-tale signs that the two breaches of the London Avenue Canal led to a rapid rush of floodwater that caught scores of residents off-guard. The surprise factor was only worsened in that the fast-rising water, more than 12 feet in spots, came well after the storm had passed.

Why, why, why is this not on the homepage of the Times-Picayune's NOLA.Com?

For related information, see my post on "What Holocaust" on wetbankguide.blogspot.com. If they are under reporting the dead by as much as 90%, Nagin may not have been that far off.

The toll of the "officially dead" is 579.

Source:
http...://www.nola.com/newslogs/tporleans/

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hurricane Rita: First aerial photos: Western Louisiana Coast has been WIPED OUT

36 hours later, again, what's the official death toll?

<< 1   >>

join