It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina follows Iraq, La Tortue Island, SE Asia Tsunami death toll coverups

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If you think that Iraq, La Tortue Island and SE Asia Tsunami death toll cover-ups couldn't be matched at home
www.freerepublic.com...
engforum.pravda.ru...

then read this, before it will be censored: ...
www.freerepublic.com...

snippet
I have finally reconnected with my best friend who is a paramedic who was sent from Georgia 2 days ago to Gulf Port, Mississippi before the hurricane hit.

He just reached me within the last 10 mins via emergency cell phone to tell me he was alive.

Thousands of bodies have been discovered throughout Mississippi in Gulf Port, Waveland,Hancock County,Bay of St.Louis.

They are hanging in trees and they are pulling them out 30 at a time. Entire families found drowned in their homes and washing up on shore.

The stories he could tell me were brief. National Guard is on the scene and arresting anyone seen on the streets.

The numbers are staggering and what I have been told tonight will shake people to their foundation as the numbers will be coming out in the next 24-hours of just how many people have actually perished in these and 3 other beach communities.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I doubt they are arresting people on sight....Just where are they placing these arrestees?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Perhaps i missed the Tsunami death toll coverup, could you explain that pleae?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
How can it be a cover up, if we cant even get to the people to see how many are dead. Come on now, lets get there and find the dead before we can say they are covering it up.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I dont think there will be a coverup. This isnt happening half way around the world. Its happening here. By George, if the gov wont tell us, the relatives of the dead will.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I remember hearing and reading similar disturbing reports in the wake of Hurrican Andrew in south Florida in the early 90s. This was before there was much internet activity, but word still spread that thousands of bodies were found and even dumped into mass graves. The death toll was supposedly much higher than that which was being reported, and FEMA was basically there to jsut cover up all the evidence. I'm not sure how true all these charges was, but it makes for compelling reading. That being said, I'm not prepared to dismiss reports such as this as being unture, either. I rather think the media and governemnt working in collusion can cover up just about anything they want to, whether at home or abroad, especially in disaster situations, it's pretty easy to send out any reports you want and trust the public to believe you---after all, they have no other source of information, for the most part. The jury is still out, in my mind, or whether or not the corporotocracy of government and media (who both work for the same people, the wealthy elite) would actually cover up the nature and extent of a natural disaster (if it was natural, but that's another matter entirely), but I certainly beleive that they could if the ywanted to, and it pays to stay informed and consider information from all sources before just buying the official line that we're sold.
---Ryan

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
hmmmm

WHY would anyone want to cover up the death toll of a natural disaster???
Why do it? To what end? What is the purpose of it?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nevermind why. The US is EVIL, thats why. I mean, how could they just stand by and be honest when presented with such a great opertunity to lie about how many people are dead!?

This is so stupid it's funny. There is NO coverup!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Just a thought but if there is new world order underway wouldnt using the HAARP project to create earthquakes and hurricanes be a great way to thin the population without drawing attention to any greater motive...Nikola Tesla claimed he could split the earth in half and its his genius feuling HAARP.In this case i can see why they might lower body counts.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If global warming caused this hurricane to be as ferocious as it was, would a government that perpetuates the problem of global warming want to publicize just how many people died as a result of a global warming-powered hurricane?

The lower the death toll given, the lesser the problem appears.

Would it be cheaper and easier to implement a cover-up of dead bodies or create more and costly environmental rules and regulations which would affect industry?

With a cover up, all you need to do is bury the dead and scare witnesses into silence.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
If there was a cover up then tens of thousands would have to be involved or coerced into silence. Its not practical, someone would speak out.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
oooooooohhhhhhh PULEEZZEEEEE

gimme a BREAK! this one takes the cake. i don't see WHY there would be a need to cover up the deaths..............to what end???

population thinning??????
ggeessshhhh.

sorry i don't buy in to this one at all.

angie

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
If there was a cover up then tens of thousands would have to be involved or coerced into silence. Its not practical, someone would speak out.

An industry environmental overhaul would cost several billion dollars, perhaps even going into the trillions. Stopping thousands of people from talking either due to a media shutdown or coercion is only going to cost a few million at most. Certainly more practical in a monentary sense.

Somebody did speak out as has been shown by the thread's creation.

Of course, its just hearsay at the moment. During 2004's hurricane season there were similar threads made on ATS with several reports about the subject of body count coverup. When more people speak up, if that indeed happens, hearsay reports become witness testimony evidence.

How somebody would go about bringing an investigation into these claims with the government itself involved in a possible coverup is anybody's guess.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
There could very well be a cover up..I wouldn't doubt the U.S.gov would do something like that...They have done worse.....The world is a stage, we are the "extras", the local or goverment agencies are the actors, and those higher inpower..ie: Bank owners, Oil Tycoons, etc...are the directors and producers... As far as i;m concerned..even if this wasnt a man made disaster..I'm sure those behind controlling the world aren't batting an eye. Look for another major event in the next year or two, and then even more frequently. Nature or mad men?....Who knows, but with the U.S. transforming every country they can, under the "democracy" guise....it's not inconceivable to beleive.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
When they drain the town, don't look to suprised if they get 3000 to 5000 died. There are a lot of flooded homes in which people tried to weather the storm.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Again though, WHY? I can't see ANY good reason to cover up the death toll from a storm, or the tsunami, or any other natural disaster. There are way too many people that would have to keep quiet, and some of those people, no amount of money will silence, and others would take the money, and then be an anonymous source and leak it anyway.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I must admit, when I saw the footage of recent events this is one of the things I thought -

"If there is an all encompassing conspiracy under way, how come pictures are being broadcast all over the world which basically make the US look really crap?"

...or is that a bit simplistic???

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
cover up? huh? what? all i see is dead bodoes floating everywhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What channel are you watchin..i havent seen any floaters.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by proveit101
When they drain the town, don't look to suprised if they get 3000 to 5000 died. There are a lot of flooded homes in which people tried to weather the storm.

And that by the way is stupidity. All of those people could have escaped with their lives. For four days they knew it was coming. They were warned to leave their homes. Yet in their ignorance they refused to leave. And the most dreadful part is the innocent children. The stubborness of their parents not only resulted in their deaths, but their children's as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join