It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO Dome

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Valhall
OR, are you basically forced to go?

I hope they're forcing people to go. They want to evacuate the entire city, these people need to be moved into camps and shelters, not returned to the

You do realize there's a third option, right?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
nygdan, i'm not saying that they should be allowed back in the city but they should be allowed outside the dome. i bet if you were in there sweating balls, tired, hungry and thirsty you would not want to be forced to stay in the dome. it is not unreasonable to have people be let outside the dome.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
The only way out of the Superdome is by helicopter and boat.

Not true....up until this morning they were being bused out.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I believe it's safe to say that things in New Orleans in particular, and that whole region in general, have gotten well beyond the point of anyone being safe, whether on their own or under government (local, state, or federal) supervision.

The Governor of Louisiana has stated that she believes there are thousands dead so far. I've heard some reports that Katrina may be the highest death toll in the US since the earthquake in San Francisco in 1906.

At the moment on CNN, they're speaking with a man who has just arrived at the Astrodome via one of the buses, and he reports that there were people on Interstate 10 who tried to force their way onto the already full buses but were forced away by Sheriffs and other armed law enforcement.

Things are out of hand, whether you're at the Superdome, the New Orleans Convention Center, or anywhere else in the area devastated. There is no safe spot, whether you're on your own or under the "care" of FEMA.

It's a crap shoot all the way around, in my opinion.

We'll see how this all turns out, but I don't see anything good coming from this. The death toll has only begun, and it will certainly get worse before it gets better.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
People were advised to bring enough food, water and supplies to last three days. Once the rescues began, those people should never have been brought to the superdome. They should have been evacuated out of the city. The superdome was supposed to be an evac center of last resort. People were urged to evacuate the city or go to one of the other evac centers.

Now there is no way out of the city without intervention. People are still in denial. They are in survival mode and the gangs are trying to take over.

Those nice men with guns are there to prevent things from getting worse. Too little too late.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
MSNBC on Scarborough Country is reporting that the DOME has been declared a bio hazard toxic waste site. They are no longer allowing anyone in unless they are wearing HAZMAT suits.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by loam]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join