It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good stuff for weather enthusiasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If you are a weather enthusiast and want to set up your own reporting station there is a company that sells GOOD home monitoring equipment. This isn't the cheap stuff you'd see in a hardware store. This can get a bit expensive. A good system can cost a few hundred dollars plus. Check it out...

www.peetbros.com

There are even lightning detectors and it will run a couple hundred dollars as well.

www.bryanglobalservices.com...

If you live in an area that gets severe winter weather or severe summer weather (like the Gulf area) this might be a good investment. Personally as soon as I get the wife's permission I plan on getting a personal weather station. The lightning detector will be darn near impossible to convince her is necessary.

Does anyone here have anything like this already? What kind of equipment do you already have? If you have a personal station with results posted on the net please share your link.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thanks Indy, nice link!

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Cool Site Indy, No only if we could by home doppler radar systems
for less the the price of a A Lexus,

Zintac

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Zintac.. I have looked and looked and found nothing. If there was a way I'd have radar before anything else. If I were a millionare I'd have it for sure. There are systems you can get but I think they were like $30k

top topics

join