It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what this could be..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I live in England on the east coast of yorkshire and on several occasions..usually when im walking home with a friend or boyfriend we've seen something in the sky i cant really identify. Wasnt exactly a big deal just a 'hey thats weird' kinda thing..but im just curious to see if anyone has any natural explanation for what we saw...
Bascially it looks exactly like a star and moves fairly fast ..a lot faster than a plane/helicopter would as far as i know...i guess if u saw it then turned your vision about 90 degrees it would take about 30 seconds to go across half the sky. It dosent flash its simply a bright light..just as small as a regular star and sometimes we have seen it move..stop then move again or even change direction. A few people have said 'shooting star' that i have told but as far as i know they dont stop then move again do they? I dont know a lot about this stuff thats why i was wondering maybe its something incredibly common that im just not thinking about.

We've seen these a hell of a lot..sometimes 4 or 5 in a row sometimes just one..sometimes one then a few minutes later another will pass etc. I actually went star gazing for about an hour with some friends tonight because we were actually talking about it and sure enough we must have seen about 10..not all at once they appeard individually a few minutes apart. It seems that they are so common and fequent that you simply have to look and your gonna see one. Anyway hopefully someone might know what this is

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Almost certainly a satellite

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
They stop/change direction ect?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strodyn
Almost certainly a satellite

Satallites don't start and stop. Sounds like you and your friends have experienced a UFO sighting. I'm not saying extraterristial; just UFO.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
no, they shouldnt change direction, but if it looks like a star and goes very fast accross the sky in a linear path its a satelite.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
oops missed that bit - after a re-read I would suggest that most of what you have seen are satellites, the ones which seem to change direction might be hi altitude planes, and the once that stop and start - no idea tbh - aliens prolly

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
sounds like ufo not alien could b a new plane?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You know whats wierd lol, Many of us from the UK have posted things simular to this, I will have to try and dig out a few threads.

Im from London and i can say i have seen the same thing you have explained, I have no idea what it is...

Again like you have said it looks like a small star and moves really quick and changes direction really quick, one thing i did notice once was that it seems to flicker colors like red and amber, but that could just be reflection ect...

I really have no knowledge on this kind of thing, But yes your not alone with seeing this,

Would be interesting to find out what it is.

What we need to do is really get soe more detailed info,
possible draw out the movements next time we see it,

Edit---

heres a links that i can find at the moment,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-8-2005 by asala]

new topics

top topics

join