It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Have there been any studies on the effects of an explosion or laser being targeted at a hurricane. Or the idea of underwater gas bubbles might have an effect on stopping a hurricane

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have wondered about an explosion in the eye wall disrupting the storm. Perhaps a MOAB. I was chatting with a friend of mine the night Katrina was about to make landfall. I was mentioning how suspicious the weakening of Floyd was as it threatened to wipe the space program off the map when it approached the space coast of Florida and how suspicious the weakening of Frances was last year when it was a massive storm and it was predicted to threaten the space coast as well. Then this year there is a massive hurricane getting ready to threaten the energy supply of the U.S. I told my friend to watch for suspicious weakening during the 2 or 3 hour satellite blackout that happens around 0300z. Sure enough. The first frame after the blackout there is a huge chunk of the storm taken out on the eastern side of the eye wall. It might be a coincidence but it certainly seems suspicious.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure they thought about using thermonuclear weapons against hurricanes, but figured it was probably too dangerous and wouldn't really do anything.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I didn't want to be the first of the "nuts" to fall out of the tree, but I found the sudden disruption of the western part of the hurricane after the satellite blackout to be highly suspicious. I remember hurricane hunters saying things like ...well...there was no way to stop a cat 5 from hitting NO and only an eyewall regeneration could possibly do that...which i don't think was happening when the storm hit. I don't know what could be done, but if I was the govt, I'd probably try some experimental techniques to kill a storm in hopes of preventing a major catastrophe.

The thing with storm tampering is, that even though a hurricanes are deadly and costly, they are a necessary part of our climatology. If the govt was to openly acknowledge storm tampering, everytime an area get hard hit, people would say why didn't they help me and others found find other reasons to complain. I think it would be too costly and create too many issues for a government to openly tamper with weather, hence the secrecy and I do think that secret experiments are being conducted on hurricanes as they approach land. This is not the first hurricane with suspicious circumstances around it, but us joe public will never be able to prove any of this, so why even try, however it is good to know i'm not alone in my thinking sometimes.

[edit on 8-30-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Won't work.

The energy released by a category 1 in a second would be equal to the sum of all the worlds nukes exploding together.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Won't work.

The energy released by a category 1 in a second would be equal to the sum of all the worlds nukes exploding together.

Exactly. We are so arrogant to think we could produce power that would equal what the planet can. Not even close.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
In one day we can kill the planet so to say that we can never produce the power the planet can is wrong

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What about the company that says they can weaken a hurricane by dispersing moisture absorbent granuals or something like that. As ww and Indy stated, I was also very curious about the w/sw portion of Katrina seaming to disappear right before landfall.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't think it's unusual for hurricanes to start falling apart as they make landfall. It's also rare for a Cat 5 to last long.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have my directions backwards. I meant west and not east in my original reply. I've seen enough eyewall replacement cycles on satellite to know this wasn't one taking place. An eyewall replacment cycle doesn't wipe out an entire side of a storm like that. Could a MOAB do that? It wasn't an intrusion of dry air because that wouldn't have immediately corrected itself. The destruction of the west side of the storm happened in the very short satellite blackout and was immediately repairing itself in the subsequent hours. I don't believe the destruction of the western side was natural. A fuel/air bomb is like a mini nuke without the radiation. A MOAB is even larger and non nuclear. I'm very curious what a blast this size could do to a storm.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The reason I ask is that I was near an oil well fire and they used explosives to put out the fire

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't think explosives are the answer to hurricanes

I think there are other alternatives being experimented with, including that of the guy with absorbent pellets, something like reverse cloud seeding..

here's what I think dangermouse and myself are thinking along the lines of
Could Powder Kill A Hurricane?

it's possible a bit of powder could have been tested over the western half of Katrina......

[edit on 8-30-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I don't explosives are the answer to hurricanes

I think there are other alternatives being experimented with, including that of the guy with absorbent pellets, something like reverse cloud seeding..

here's what I think dangermouse and myself are thinking along the lines of
Could Powder Kill A Hurricane?

it's possible a bit of powder could have been tested over the western half of Katrina......

Exactly what I was talking about, thanks for finding it.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I actually investigated this idea once. In a typical hurricane, even our biggest nukes could go off in the middle of the eye and the blast radius wouldn't affect the eyewall (radiation would reach the eyewall, but not the blast), therefore it'd take several of our largest weapons dropped near the wall, to even hope to disrupt the eyewall center. Even then, as long as the same conditions are present, there's no reason to think it wouldn't simply restrengthen after the shear from the blast. And of course, the problem with fallout then being distributed by a large storm affecting millions.

Lets face it, even our destructive power pales in comparison to mother nature...

top topics

join