It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange I saw last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Its not that often that I get to spot something I cannot identify. Remember that im usually very skeptical of these things.

Ill try explain this as best as I can.

Last night (Aug. 30. 2005) at around 3 a.m. I was awoken by some cats fighting outside. I went outside to check on my pets and I noticed how amazingly clear a night it was.

I spent a few minutes just gazing around, just looking at the stars in general.

What I saw next is the strange part.

Looking east, slightly north, at about 75? degrees I saw the most amazing sight. At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. What I saw looked like a micro sized northern lights type event.

I really really cant explain it. It was a pale blue, and it would pulsate at nearly regular intervals of around 5 seconds. The light would fade to nothing, then gradually gain light again. It was quite large, and could easily be seen. I would judge it by say, comparing it to holding a penny up against the sky.

The strange part is I could not figure out where it was coming from. There seemed to be two star sized objects located in the objects glow, so as you can guess this is far far away. I could not quite tell if the star sized objects were moving, they seemed to move slightly during the course of my watching.

But of all the satellites etc that I have seen, this is nothing like them. I can identify a satellite easily. A sattellite will seem to "shimmer" a bit when you look at it. This was actually pulsating a VERY noticable light.

I could probably draw it better than I can describe it.

I must have watched the spectacle for some 10 minutes before it stopped.

There were no clouds, so I doubt that clouds were cauysing the light to shine like this.

Its still puzzeling when I think about it. After about 7 minutes of staring at this thing I ran inside to get some binoculars hoping I could maybe get a better view. By this time the lights were getting dimmer.

I will make a quick photoshop drawing and come back to this thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Cool man

I think you said you live in New Mexico awhile back? By chance are you near a military base or anything like that?

You should sky watch again tonight, you may see it again... and bring a camera

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I made a small animated .gif of what it looked like. Just my luck my web host is down. Ill post it when its back up.

I actually live in Saskatchewan Canada.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Whoops double Post... I don't see a delete button here.

Mod please delete this post if you see it.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Send it to me if you want, I'll host it.

U2U me if you want me to host it.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Heres my little image I made.

The time between each time the light pulsated would be slower though.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Strange indeed Dulcimer.

Sounds like a bonafide UFO sighting to me. Or how about UAP.

[edit on 31-8-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I was hoping to look in the same spot tonight to see if the light was there again, but its too cloudy.

I still dont know what it was. To mel logically it must be a satellite, or two?

I just thought I would share it.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Looks like a genuine ufo to me.

new topics

top topics

join