It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela willing to help the needy Americans from hurricane Katrina.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
link

CARACAS (AFP) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez offered to send food and fuel to the United States after the powerful Hurricane Katrina pummeled the US south, ravaging US crude production.

The leftist leader, a frequent critic of the United States and a target himself of US disapproval, said Venezuela could send aid workers with drinking water, food and fuel to US communities hit by the hurricane.

"We place at the disposition of the people of the United States in the event of shortages -- we have drinking water, food, we can provide fuel," Chavez told reporters.

could this be a start of a new relationship between the two rivals. or its just a publicity stunt? in anicase lets see wat happens.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I find it ironic that Chavez responds in a truly Christian Manner even after one of our famous Christian Televangelists wants to "take him out"

I'll bet there are some red faces in the Rev. Robertson camp. Or maybe not; they seem pretty removed from reality.

Another option is that Pres Chavez is just playing to world opinion.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
America doenst need the help, but by making the offer Chavez shows himself to be a devent human being who has no quarrel with the US people.

Very nice propaganda. Hes a good leader, adored by his people and his heart seems to be in the right place.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why is it that nobody picks up on the media-as-propaganda-arm rhetoric applied to persons of "interest" designated by our government? "Leftist" Leader for Chavez, yet no "Rightwing" prefix for Bush? "Controversial" is another favorite.
With Chavez, there is one democraticly elected official in an area where that's the exception and whose presidency carries less questions and more mandate that the US presidents. Yet, he's the belicose one!

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Glad to see it is offered. Let me know when it shows up.
(I won't be holding my breath.)

Seriously ... IF this is for real ... and I stress IF ... then kudos
for Venezuela. I have visted that country. Very beautiful.
Also very chaotic and unstable politically and socially.

top topics

join