It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brooklyn Bridge abduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
do any og you weird and wonderful people know anything about the heavily witnessed abduction near the Brooklyn Bridge, NYC in 1989?

I read something about it in a book recently and yesterday was able to pick up the book "witnessed" by Bud Hopkins which is entirely divoted to this abduction.

It is similar in everyway to thousands of other realistic and believed abductions except this one was witnessed by many people including to Secret Service men and a VIP politician.

As abduction books go, this is a good'un but at times I have to remind myself that isnt isnt fiction as it seems to be written that way.

So, tell me, what do you know of this case. Do you believe it?

It either happened the way it has been told or, everyone involved, including the abductee, the writer, the two secret service nme and the well known politician have made it all up as a hoax which seems more unliklely to me than little gray men from outta space.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yes, I have read about this, but I cannot recall the particulars as it was many years ago. I would not put it past those crafty aliens to be able to do this type of thing though. It seems to be sloppy workmanship on their part though to allow so many witnesses, unless that was intentional.

BACK ENGINEERING ANCIENT UFO

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If it was widely witnessed, then where are the other people coming forward with cooborating details (and this some nearly 15 years later) and yelling for investigations? If any of us had seen something abducting people, we'd have been all over the cops and the city officials and the government about this. We'd have talked to the press and they'd have tracked down the stories. You couldn't have kept this quiet.

So why wasn't this reported to the media? There's no news stories about it. Check the newspapers for yourself.

Why wasn't this even sold to the National Enquirer? They get these stories all the time.

Where's the X-rays of the device that was supposedly implanted in her nose? Doctors don't just toss those off and the radiologist and a lot of other people would have seen the x-ray.

Where's the genetic testing by independant labs that proves she's not fully human?

Now... I'm not saying that there's NOT a Linda and that she is making all this up. However, I do believe (particularly from some of the other stuff) that she's schizophrenic and is having problems.

There have been a number of CLINICAL studies (with psychologists) showing that you can actually make people believe they were captured by aliens by putting them under hypnosis and suggesting all sorts of bizarre things to them (like "now, on that night, did you see anything strange? A star that looked a little out of place?" It's been proven that using this kind of questioning, you can create completely false memories in just about anyone.)

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There are x-ray pics in the book.

Apparently many people have been to the poloice and media.

Anyway, I cannot help but think this is a huge hoax concerning everyone involved. It just seems to strange, too many things i have noticed just dont make sense or are a bit too convenient.

What about Bud Hopkins, what do you know of him?

Please try not to give to many spoliers. I only got the book yesterday, so i am only half way through. I know nothing yet of any accusation of Linda having alien ancenstry

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I would REALLY appreciate some thoughts on this case.

Thankyou

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I'm not familiar with this case, could you list a few of the details in the story.

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
ill try and find a good link.

It is a really interesting case but there seems to be far to many X-files type connections. More often than not it strikes me as being more fiction, from the mind of the author Budd Hopkins than anything else.

The main story is as follows.

1989 an italian american woman living in Brooklyn caloled Linda contacted Budd hopkins concerning strange goings on she thought may be connected to teh UFO phenonemon. Under hypnosis she dexcribed a pretty run of teh mill abduction.

Shortly after some security officers got in touch with Budd telling him they had seen said abduction, further more, with them was a World Leader.

Along the way more witnesses crop up, whose cars had stalled on the brooklyn bridge.

That is the main story, now i will go abd try abnd find something you can look into it further

posted on Sep, 6 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
...................................................................................
actually the best thing to do is go to google and type "brooklyn bridge abduction linda" without the quotation marks and then check through each as you find relevant, be aware of the book review pages.

Here is one link you may find interesting, i havent had a proper look through it yet though

ufocasebook.com...

Thankyou

top topics

join