It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wing Blogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, today's been an odd day. For some reason, every right-wing blog I go to with the exception of Scrappleface is offline. I try to connect and get a timeout error; it's been happening all morning. Going to Kos and MoveOn has worked fine, as has DU. Yet, when I try to go to imao.us, toungetied, or the museum of Left Wing Lunacy, I get timed out.

I can't say this is a conspiracy or anything (yet), but was wondering if others were able to connect to the sites. Here's the URLs:

toungetied.us...
www.imao.us...
www.museumofleftwinglunacy.com...

Lemme know so I know if I should be paranoid on a large scale or small scale

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Funny, they all work fine here.

Is this a sneaky way to advertise these "Right Wing Blogs" ?

ps. its www.tonguetied.us... not www.toungetied.us... ...

external image
external image
external image

[edit on 30/8/05 by thematrix]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
All three ar not working for me either and I'm in Canada

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Funny, they all work fine here.

Is this a sneaky way to advertise these "Right Wing Blogs" ?

Apparently not
First, I have more integrity than that, and I can't imagine Sauron supporting the right wing blogs by confirming what I have experienced

ps. its www.tonguetied.us... not www.toungetied.us... ...

[edit on 30/8/05 by thematrix]

Hehe, I can't spell
I normally get as far as tou and the address bar in FireFox completes it for me. Now to copy this to Word so I can fix all my spelling errors...

EDIT: Well, apparently I'm just promoting the websites. Did you know you're now a right-winger since you, too, lied that they don't work, Sauron?

[edit on 8-30-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
LOL the bottom 2 are working now

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Now that's very curious...All three are back up, and at the same time...

Anyone know how you can find out who's hosting a website? Maybe they're all on the same server, though I've had TT go down before and that hasn't affected the other two. IMAO has never been down in the year and a half I've been checking it.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Now that's very curious...All three are back up, and at the same time...

Anyone know how you can find out who's hosting a website? Maybe they're all on the same server, though I've had TT go down before and that hasn't affected the other two. IMAO has never been down in the year and a half I've been checking it.

They are all hosted by "Hosting Matters" webhost.
On 3 seperate servers too. Seems Hosting Matters as long as you don't mind full network hickups :p

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You want to do a 'whois' search with the domain name (ie. thewebsite.com, etc).

Whois imao.us:
www.geektools.com...

But I won't claim to understand it very much, because I don't.
You can also look up IP addresses in the same way. This is another site that does lots of similar stuff:
www.dnsstuff.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
How could you miss rightwingnews.com in your right wing blog post? *smacks head*

www.rightwingnews.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
How could you miss rightwingnews.com in your right wing blog post? *smacks head*

www.rightwingnews.com...

Hehe because I like funny. The funniest blog I go to is Democratic Underground, though I don't think they realize it (
). I've been to RWN occasionally, but those others are a daily thing. Also, I wasn't posting blogs I like to visit, just the ones that all went down at the same time, and came back up shortly after making this thread at the same time.

Now my gmail's down
A very strange day...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
You want to do a 'whois' search with the domain name (ie. thewebsite.com, etc).

Whois imao.us:
www.geektools.com...

But I won't claim to understand it very much, because I don't.
You can also look up IP addresses in the same way. This is another site that does lots of similar stuff:
www.dnsstuff.com...

Whoising will get you registrar information. Finding out on who's servers its actualy hosted usualy takes a bit more then that.

The only thing that might point you to the actual hosting firm in registrar information is the DNS servers listed for the domain, but those aren't always DNS servers from the Host.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
And they're all down again, as is GMail. But only some GMail servers are down, because my boss and I can't check ours, it returns an error, but a coworker I work with can check his with no problem. Another theory is I have a variation of W32.Bobax.AH@mm that doesn't block access to security sites but others. Don't see any news on Symantec of a worm hitting servers today...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Left- Or Right-Wing Conspiracy?

All working for me and they seem to be as conservative as ever.

Didn't have time to read them, but for that, it's easier to just listen to Rush anyway.

And he offers the bonus of having a wicked sense of humor.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Left- Or Right-Wing Conspiracy?

All working for me and they seem to be as conservative as ever.

Didn't have time to read them, but for that, it's easier to just listen to Rush anyway.

And he offers the bonus of having a wicked sense of humor.

Actually, IMAO is pretty darn funny. One of those rare conservatives willing to make fun of his beliefs (Frank J, that is, the others are more off and on than he is):

I woke up this morning hating poor people - as always. Soon, I had my coffee and was reading the paper, dismayed once again that not enough brown-people in foreign countries are being killed. Doesn't anyone understand how important oil interests are for my portfolio and that blood must be spilled for it? I get so mad sometimes that I think the only way I could cheer up would be to kick an orphan.

I tried to take my mind off all that and ended up contemplating the contention that we Republicans have never worked an honest day in our lives. That is just so untrue. I mean, I count my money (I'd never let someone else do it), and that's honest work. Sure, the money was earned dishonestly and usually at the cost of the downtrodden, but I count it honestly as I would not lie about my financial situation to myself.

They've been working perfectly fine for me at home. I suspect I got some kind of virus or something at work. I dunno. I'll keep an eye on Symantec. I just replaced my computer at work a week ago, so it's hard for me to believe I have something on my virgin machine while my compy here at home, with eMule and other things doesn't have the same problem.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Here is another, sometimes funny:

www.dummocrats.com...

new topics

top topics

join