It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Success in Iraq!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Looks like Iraq is starting to come together just as planned. The ISF have almost total control over the Diyala valley and are able to take over security from the Americans.

Article here

“On the edge of the Sunni triangle, Iraqis took the lead on security, and violence dropped.

MUQDADIYAH, IRAQ – In the fertile "bread basket" of central Iraq's Diyala valley, roadside-bomb attacks have nearly stopped.

This ethnically complex patchwork of towns, villages, fields, and orchards, which US commanders call a "little Iraq," has seen its share of insurgent activity since 2003. But nowadays, the local Sunni Arabs appear inclined to climb aboard the US-backed political process, rather than trying to derail it through violence.

The relative peace in the breadbasket is the result of a carefully managed transition from US to Iraqi security responsibility, US and Iraqi commanders say…”

“…We're responsible for actual security, and it is going well," says the unit's commander, Col. Theya Ismail al-Tamimi, a former intelligence officer under Saddam Hussein who has gained the Americans' respect by keeping constant pressure on the insurgents. "Attacks are a fraction of what they were," says Colonel Theya, as he is known to both his own troops and the Americans…”

This is just another example of the great progress in Iraq right now. The new constitution and ISF coming into effectiveness are just two of the wonderful things happening in Iraq. Victory for the Iraqi people is at hand!

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow that is good! If we keep on this road Iraq may be on its own in like 2 years!

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So violence went down as the US moved out the area?
If it works in one place then it could work for all of Iraq.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
So violence went down as the US moved out the area?
If it works in one place then it could work for all of Iraq.

LOL, predictable.

You have more "spin" than a frisbee. I knew before I hit the submit button that one of you would reply with that.

This as a huge COALITION victory. Transfer of power to the ISF was the goal from day one. You dont understand it is the Americans who organized, trained, and equiped those ISF forces to the point of being able to gain control. Of course Iraqi forces (once trained and equiped) will be more effective securing Iraqi's than non Iraqi's. But you spin that into something else.

Go COALITION!!! Go ISF!!! The plan is working.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yes an Iraqi can spot a Syrian or a Saudi better than a white boy form Kansas ever can, so they will be better at security once they are fully trained.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Should be interesting. Lets hope that the Iraqi's can hold the fort, and then maybe the service men and women can go back home?

Ofcourse last time we heard news like this didn't they all wind up dead a few weeks later? 500 of them or so? Lets hope this isn't a repeat.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I knew before I hit the submit button that one of you would reply with that.

I think that sums this thread up quite well.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Champagne all around people...things are frickin great!

NYTimes.com

news.xinhuanet.com...

news.yahoo.com...

Glad things are going well in Iraq!

[Mod Edit - Shortened link]

[edit on 30/8/05 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Correct me if I wrong but I was under the impression that this forum was for the discussion of the war on terror, the North Korean/Iran situation, the war in Iraq from a Conspiratorial perspective ??

MODS surely this should be posted in ATSNN ?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
Correct me if I wrong but I was under the impression that this forum was for the discussion of the war on terror, the North Korean/Iran situation, the war in Iraq from a Conspiratorial perspective ??

MODS surely this should be posted in ATSNN ?

Iraq is part of the war on terror,and the rebuilding on Iraq is part of that war. Nice try Arny

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
[Iraq is part of the war on terror,and the rebuilding on Iraq is part of that war. Nice try Arny

Yes Iraq is part of the war of terror but this is purely a new story..no conspiracy here as far as I can tell?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

Yes Iraq is part of the war of terror but this is purely a new story..no conspiracy here as far as I can tell?

Well Arny, you have a lot of work to do then, as 99% of the posts in this forum have nothing to do with conspiracy.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
fair enough point.

I have to say that if this story is correct that it is a good thing but they've still got a long long way to go. Has this story been reported by any other news organisations? I guess the US media is somewhat preoccupied with katrina at the moment.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I have to say that if this story is correct that it is a good thing but they've still got a long long way to go. Has this story been reported by any other news organisations? I guess the US media is somewhat preoccupied with katrina at the moment.

That, and the fact that good news doesn't sell might have something to do with it.

top topics

join