It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are not allowed to post anything political anymore?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I understand that gone are the days of political sniping and rightfully so. However, look at ATS lately. The posts are down to a minimum and there's nothing currently in the news here. Politics is a huge part of the times and i fear that if we cannot post freely and express our daily concerns in a civil manner ATs will no longer be of much interest to anyone.

Before you single me out as a trouble maker, please realize that i care what happens here.
I feel that i cant post day to day things anymore. Is this what the bigwigs at ATS want? IMO its a mistake.
I'd like to know if i'm just missenterpreting the board today or if its so dead here now and thats how its supposed to be.

Respectfully,

DG

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Where do you get that?

PTS is open for any political discussion

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think what they meant was no more political bickering and such. If I'm not mistaken all non-conspiracy related politics is to go over to PTS, which is fine by me.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If only it were true people couldnt post political things anymore; I surely wouldnt loose any sleep over it. However as pointed out people are to post such things at PTS, though I wonder how long before more rules will be passed down regarding the way political discussion goes on here at ATS. People on the whole cannot refrain from the activities described as baiting and sniping, and I don't see that ever changing; its just ingrained in most everyones mind to the point its a knee-jerk reaction to take the discussion from a civil manner down to a "stinking liberal commie scum"/ "bible-thumping neo-con" level.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Imho posting isn't down to a minimum, theres actualy quite a few new topics that are fully related to ATS, but might have nothing to do with who's the biggest vilain in the political world, maybe on the side of pure political trolling threads and posts it did go down, but that isn't the focus of ATS to begin with, not to mention thats what was going awfully wrong lately.

PTS was created for Political stuff, heck, they even created a forum specificaly for mudslinging and trolling between whatever side your on against whatever side you dislike.

I think Springer said it rather clear in his thread about the snipping, he doesn't care if it impacts traffic to ATS, but ATS is not here for lefty vs righty battles and retarded insults being flung all over the place.

Its for discussing conspiracy and UFO related subjects.

And if you say not allowing mudslinging and people reverting each and every thread to a left vs right or religion vs science thread removes every posibility to talk about politics and/or religion then you definatly have a problem imho.

You can discuss both subjects with dignity and knowledge as your weapons without ever reverting to insults and rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yeah, I came to ATS to talk about UFO's, Aurora, why it took so long to get a chinese resturant in my town and other conspiracies. If I really wanted to talk politics I'd be somewhere else, like reality.

But on the other hand it's nice to see poltics on the level of ATS members, which is were PTS is awesome. The lack of ignorance from ATS, without clogging my chinese resturant theory with conservative/liberal junk.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Springer has quite clearly laid out what we mean by non-accepted political bickering here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The discussion of politics is always welcomed, hence we even have a separate entire board for it in the form of P@ATS!

[edit on 30-8-2005 by SimonGray]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I just went to PTS. There is nothing there. In fact, nothing.

I can go on with my life, dont get me wrong, but its very obvious that this isnt a place to speak of everyday politics anymore. Dont beleive me? Check out PTS.

In any case, as a member of this board i wish it well. Maybe its an extremely low news day.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Indeed, the real problem is nicely outlined:

This trend is the unmitigated and obnoxiously repetitive insertion of "the Neo-Cons are all crooks/murderers" and "the bleeding heart Liberals are all traitors" and many variations thereof in threads that have NOTHING to do with either of those comments.

You can still talk about anything, just don't make it a kneejerk reaction.

Look here for example. This is something that has recently come up agian. Its a thread that starts off:

So many guide-missiles from Roussia like SS-N-19 for example are supersoic missiles which very hard to intercepte. I just wondered why U.S. has no project to develop such a superior lance using anti ship,

And look at where it goes quickly:

know your tactic your a zionist agent or an unwilling acomplace your alwayz telling everone here that what the gov says about 9/11 and Iraq- Al-Qeuida is correct what conspirosy theorists are wrong" you have NO CREDIBILITY with ME!!!!! You can say all that "well you Siberiantiger have no cred with me eigther" THE FACT iz your a DIS-info AGENT and ALL other MODZ on thiz site, I've been watching all your posts.

WTF?! Where the hell did that come from. Obviously this is a person with issues, a man of one topic, as they say (and apparently that topic isn't proper spelling). This is an extreme example of what we're trying to curtail. If someone is talking about the deficit, blabbering about Bush being a moronic Illuminati Reject doesn't do anyone any good. If someone is despairing the 'left' lean of the media, it doesn't do anyone any good for some joker to come in and start screaming for the beheading of Dan Rather.
People that can't discuss things with a minimum of sense are useless to the board and really aren't wanted. All of the people in moderation and administration understand that there are controversial topics out there, no one's trying to stamp out controversy and lively/heated and passionate discussion.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
dgtempe--I agree with you. But I saw it coming. Elect too many chiefs to anything and like all bigger government the peole are silenced. Oh well we have plenty of kids pumped-up about ghosts and goblins.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I see your point, Nygdan...I hope all members see this thread and understand it well. So whats happening is fear and lack of control that something will go the way of neocons, etc.
I'm glad you people clarified this because the lack of postings indicate to me that some are afraid to post anything, and i dont think the administrators of ATS want people to be fearfull. Just careful.
Thank you and i would like to ask my fellow posters to go ahead and post the news (gosh, i miss that) and go ahead and post the daily stuff that made ATS what it is today.
Just dont offend anyone and cut out the use of the "fighting words"

Please lets get back to normal.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I can go on with my life, dont get me wrong, but its very obvious that this isnt a place to speak of everyday politics anymore. Dont beleive me? Check out PTS.

Well, if more members such as yourself posted new threads and particpated in PTS, it would be a lot busier.

Also, we had the presidential election LAST year, midterm elections are NEXT year.
Katrina is center stage. Etc.

We have many, many interest here at ATS/PTS/BTS.
Politics shouldn't enter into many of them at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
dg,

I hate to side with authority, but I must. A specific board was created for political topics. It seems to me that the ATS board system is not trying to stop politics, but incourage it with it's own board. The problem with politics is it almost always gets nasty-nature of the beast. By giving it it's own board-I am sure it is hoped that the "back-bitting" common in politics will not overflow onto the other parts of ats.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
DG,

You must keep it civil.
Just like the politicians do.
NO monkeying around.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe i fear that if we cannot post freely and express our daily concerns in a civil manner ATs will no longer be of much interest to anyone.

look honey, you can post anything you like.

Why dont you begin by telling us what exactly did Monica Lewinsky do to Priseident Clinton back in the oval office.

You can skip the uninteresting parts.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
DG,

You must keep it civil.
Just like the politicians do.
NO monkeying around.

Sorry, can't resist...

What like Deputy PM Prescott was doing here?

I think we can be political, it's just the right wing/left wing sniping that is to stop, that's all.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Your post is the classic example why people moan and groan.

First of all, "honey", dont call me honey. Its disrespecfull.

As i pointed out, i just dont want the posters to be fearful. If you fear something you are going to stay away from it.
Thank you for all the comments, and in keeping with the trolls
even the disrespectful ones!

Say what you want, but according to ATS the less politics the better.

I want to get to the bottom of it. I say do away with PTS..Its the political forum- Lets not pretend we want politics and then if someone posts something off color,( which is the nature of the beast in this world we live in) it will end up in the trash bin. Lets not be a schitzophrenic website.

I'm going out on a limb here and i do not wish to be difficult. I just want to be practical.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Please don't take away PTS!
I have some of the best fun reading the threads there and posting there.
There are less trolls on PTS than on ATS / BTS.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

In any case, as a member of this board i wish it well. Maybe its an extremely low news day.

Well, get over there and stir things up! Lookit, ECK asked me to go over there, and for a friend, I did. Thing about it is, I am sick of politics as it gets in the way of proper thinking for a conspiracy theorist. Look at how this board has been for many months! If someone posts a thread about the NWO and how Bush, Clinton, Carter, Ike, FDR, etc., are members of a global conspiracy to own us and everything, it is barely read. Let someone mention that Bush is a poo-poo head, and that thread will go on ad-nauseum. This is supposed to be a conspiracy site, not CNN/FNC! That is what we have PTS for, go forth and fire that place up! Lead the way, general, and others will follow!

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
That's funny I just got a pm from someone who feels the same way you do..
And I was actually also thinking the same thing...

Is this board becoming to g rated?
If so, I will gladly use g rated words and carry a g rated attitude when it comes to politics... It's called being phony, and I don't have a problem with being phony.. See i'm being phony right now!

ps: to that conspiracy guy that called dg 'honey' please refrain from what you think is a term of endearment, some of us 'honey' bee's find it disrespectful, as I know that those who use that term don't really mean it as a term of endearment...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join