It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo Sighting In Essex, 29/8/05

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Yesterday morning, at about 11 o'clock in the morning, my father saw a UFO.
He was sitting in the garden drinking coffee and he saw a plane up above. He was watching that, and out the corner of his eye he saw a really high fast flying object.

He said it was going from North West to South East, looked like the shape of a hang glider (this may be wrong as he didn't have his glasses on or some bins handy, however, his eyes aren't that bad) and it had 2 bright lights on the sides of it, although this could've been sunlight glinting off of it. It was also redish in colour.

The 2 things that stuck out for me though was that he said that it didn't make a sound, and that it was going as fast as a satellite travels across the sky at night. For those who don't know, compared to an airplane, that is pretty quick.

Would it be possible to see the space station at 11 in the morning? My dad tried to find out what it's orbit was at the time he saw this thing, but to no avail. Some help finding that out would be appreciated.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Essex is, indeed, a very fine place to see UFOs. I used to live in Finchingfield/Braintree area, many years ago, and we used to see UFOs on a regular basis.

BTW... Essex is simply beautiful country. The folks there are really cool. Very nice place to live.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I live in Essex. There is a military base and a rapidly expanding international airport.

That can explain a great deal of UFO sightings, especially the military activity, i regularly see Chinooks flying about the place and at night they can be quite eerie.

This is most likely to be high altitude aircaft. The lack of sound an be explained by the fact that the engine noise would be carried by the prevailing wind. For good examples of this go stand at the end of the prom in Maldon and see for yourself.

join