It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biotech Breakthrough of the Decade!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is an amazing breakthrough!

It can be used as a form of cancer cure too. Just take out the cancer cells/organs and inject with the regrowth strain. Possibilities are endless!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is awsome!
Ive got a number of old scars this could realy fix up!
I wonder if it can be used to replace skin for burns victims.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Go ahead..jump on the bandwagon, line up like guinea pigs.The government would never make things look safe unless they actually were. or give false reports to push things to the public before the risks are known..Vioxx anyone?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is incredible !!!

The part where you could inject it for new mice to understand the ability and to adapt to it - Truely amazing. I hope this field is much more explored into, and I hope years there could be human shots!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is great! The only problem is getting this to work in normal humans. In my opinion, the bigger problem is the use of this? Will peeople have to pay billions to regenerate a few fingers?

XPO

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
To the person who mentioned cancer, do you know enough about this new treatment to make a claim on that? Do you know if it would slow or stop the cancer? It's possible, not assured yet though.

And really, about living longer... Is that what we as the human race even need? A stronger longer living population to take away resources even faster? I think not. People living longer may seem great, but what toll will that take on Earth?

Regaining limbs however for people who had horrible accident can be a great thing IF this can be moved over and used on humans, we don't know if thats even possible yet.

Any clue on where this all came about? What reptile (if any) is being used on the genetic level to cause this?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
BAH if it has the capability to regenerate limbs, body parts etc, then all you'd probably have to do is cut out a huge chunk of area surrounding the cancer, and regenerate it.......right?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Cancer is a tricky devil! I am not sure this would be a cure for cancer, but it may allow you to recover from treatments faster. Hopefully this technology doesn't increase the risk of cancer....

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPO
To the person who mentioned cancer, do you know enough about this new treatment to make a claim on that? Do you know if it would slow or stop the cancer? It's possible, not assured yet though.

No I dont know enough about this new treatment. But I hope that the experimentation continues and we are able to gain from the injection of this new strain. Cancer of a particular organ, say a lung, can be cured if this treatment can be proven successful in humans.
Also, since we lack long term data its hard to tell whether its beneficial in the long run. It looks promising though. Again, if this works, the possibilities are endless.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Give your heads a shake..do you honestly think the government will be curing any disease and throwing away all the drug revenue they make from the medicine they sell to keep you well enough to buy more medicine..Theres no money to be made from the curing of diseases.With all of todays technology our cars still run on gas..hmmmmm i wonder why

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If true as expected, this discovery deserves at least the Nobel prize!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimstradamus
Give your heads a shake..do you honestly think the government will be curing any disease and throwing away all the drug revenue they make from the medicine they sell to keep you well enough to buy more medicine..Theres no money to be made from the curing of diseases.With all of todays technology our cars still run on gas..hmmmmm i wonder why

Out of all the posts on the topic i must say that this one has hit the nail on the head in terms of what role governments will play when this treatment will become viable.time and time again when it comes to "breakthroughs" so much is promised but we are yet to see the full extent of the breakthroughs.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thinking back to it, I recall a documentary talking about immortality and stuff. I think it said that we might eventually go insane at around 200 years from sensory overload or such, but they don't know now. Either way, I think it'll be a while before this technology is made public, more due to the government's involvement then anything else.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Now we can have reusable Kamikazes

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspicuouz
michael jackson would be able to grow his normal nose back, how sweet is that!

So with plastic surgery, would the regrowth of the organ/ tissue actually push the fake stuff off? Or it'd grow around it all weird. That'd be poetic justice for all the celebrities that pissed away their money trying to look better (most just end up ugly).

I can't wait for this, but after that, there'll be the "re"growth of unnatural organs like tails and strange ears! Can you say -anime-?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigma
Cancer is a tricky devil! I am not sure this would be a cure for cancer, but it may allow you to recover from treatments faster. Hopefully this technology doesn't increase the risk of cancer....

It may increase the risk of Diabetes I believe thats what they found in the animal models they tested this technique on. What I find really amazing about this technology is that it seems reletively simple to perform.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join