It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lance Armstrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It has just been announced on British TV (BBC1 Breakfast show) that the great Lance Armstrong is to be investigated for taking performance enhancing drugs during his racing career.

I find that totally appalling! The guy has managed to make a full recovery from testicular cancer, has retired from racing and all he now wishes to do is to live a quiet life.

From my point of view, this guy is a legend. His struggle against younger, fitter and stronger cyclists, the arduous Tour de France circuits and his battle with cancer - all at the same time, should be trumpted as a superb example to us all.

Now however, he has to continually deny taking drugs to satisfy the baying and hounding of the press who want his blood - quite literally.

From what I understand of the story, a well known newspaper has got hold of a blood sample allegedly from Armstrong which prooves he took these drugs.

Just what the
is going on? Why do people have to be so
jealous of this guy. What is the point of dragging his name through the mud?

This makes me so
peed off!

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
dude.....i absolutley and totally agree with you.

jealousy....out and out jealousy.

what a bunch of wanker$.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
From what I heard it was an extreme french newspaper that is upset an american is winning the tour de france constantly and never got beat.

They probabley just did it to try and dis-credit him.. Jealousy.

Vorta

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
From what I heard, he did take some drug that was on the ban list AT ONE TIME because it was part of his cancer treatment.

It was not for performance enhancing and not during competition. It just happened to be on the ban list I suppose.

Anyway, yeah...it's very lame. Let him retire a hero (which he is) and move on. He has made so many people's lives better from kids that look up to him (instead of a gun toting rapper) to cancer victims struggling to live. Why go and push the guy down? Just sad.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   
They're just upset because it's "their" race, and an American has won it hands down 7 years in a row. He's a great inspiration to everyone, and I wish they'd just drop it already. Although from what I heard the other day, they published 7 letters in the same newspaper, from people in France, and 6 were VERY supportive of Lance Armstrong, and basically telling the paper to shut up and leave him alone already.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
wouldn't this be great....

I wish he'd come out of retirement next year, just to compete in the race and WIN it AGAIN !!

That woudl shut 'em up... okay it wouldn't but it would be funny

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The thing about that is that he has already retired. If I retired from my job, I'd be damned if I would let my ex-employer jerk me around. They can demand all they want. He doesn't work there anymore. If I were Lance, I'd demand the French surrender. Who knows, they might? Thats a threatening looking bicycle.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Those dastardly french snail eaters. They just couldnt take it that an american has dominated them for the past seven years. sacre bleu cheese

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yeah you could be right Mauiden.

But I seem to remember a guy called Eddie Merks - hopeI got his name right.

Didn't he win the Tour de France a couple of years running. Can't remember anybody slagging him off - but then again, he was a Belgy!

new topics

top topics

join