It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All College Fraternities=Skull/NWO connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Many collegiate fraternities share symbolism with Skulls and Masons. Many utilize the skull and crossed bone images, and refer to members as lifetime members or members until death, and they often share similar bonds of secrecy
What does everyone think of all (or most) fraternities being founded and utilized for a similar purpose of the skulls? To make men get into more places of power with certain common ideals and opinions. While i do not think there is a current organized intra fraternity conspiracy...i think the common death threads (Brotherhood of Death...?) and lifetime bonds, and secrecy...along with the predominate white male dominance lends them to accomplish similar goals as other organizations. How many fortune 500 CEO's were in fraternities? How many Senators? the numbers are staggering....

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm sure some some Frats are elitist and were designed to further the careers of rich well connected kids. But i'd say the majority of Frats are just a bunch of students who pool there money togehter for beer, housing, and parties all that mumbo jumbo stuff is secondary and is there to foster a sense of a college community.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You might be interested in these threads:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

After doing a bit of research, I have noticed a good deal of similarities between these organizations (The Order of the Black Sun, and the Thule Society, both dating from around the Nazi era in Germany) and Skull and Bones.

In both cases, these are essentially "gateway societies" whereby influence is exerted over "initiates", or new members of high society as they graduate and go on to gain highly powerful and influential positions in government and industry. These "gateway societies" are portals through which influence from the Cabal is exerted once these new members take powerful positions.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Personally, I believe that some of these groups are more then the "pool money for beer" clubs. But the rest of them are just that, not only for practicality but also for a sense of belonging.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Omega, Dragon, thank you both for your input. Your points are what I am driving at. My own fraternity was an interesting experience. There is no question that we did, indeed pool our money for beer and fun. We also had a huge commitment to our own University (and furthering its name), but as me and my fellow alums age it strikes me the possibilities. If I need something in the business community, I probably have a fraternity brother who does it, or knows someone who does. We always touted our organization as a network starter, but the older I get the fartehr it seems to reach. These days, you do not have to be an alum of a certain organization, but simply being a member of the greek community is often enough to open extra doors. Ans the ritualistic similarities abound..... I am not at liberty to discuss many of them, but they are eerily similar in many ways to 'conspiracy' or 'cabalistic' groups...

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I would admit most fraternities are reasons for a bunch of rich white kids to get drunk and mate with sheep, but they do posses that conspiritorial edge that the big wig secret societies posses. The fraternity is a gateway into bigger stuff in the real world, so while not all fraternities may be conspiritorial, there are paerhaps a few.......

are there common links other than skull and bones...other fraternities all these politicans belong to? Like, a fraternity that appears above the others? perhaps a certain frat house at a college.........

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Many people have wondered why frats and orders are secret.
I dont know about USA but here in Europe I know and as many americans and alot of you traditions and culture came from here maybee this would explain some.

Secrets for secrecy:
1. Some hundred years ago there was not such freedom of speech and freedom of religion. People died because they were not catholic. If one was protestant in France during the 1600s one could die for that. It was therefor very important to stay secret.

2. Innitiates in a order and every member who goes on to higher levels will experiance things they have not experianced before. They will be a part of secret ceremonies and most likely some tests which usually is set up in a way that the innitiate fails (this is part of learning). Now, the secrets of ceremonies need to be secret because if the whole town knows them they will not have the same effect

Frats and orders can have many purposes.

First we can divide them up into Orders and Service clubs.

Service clubs are not orders.
Some big service clubs are:
Rotary
Lions
Round Table

What description has an order:

There are different kinds of orders.

*There are the more seriious orders who concentrate on teaching and learning to give the members a better character, lets call it social.

Some of these have a religious motiv, some more wordly.

*Backanalish Order are orders with the winegod Baccus in center. mostly singing, playing, theater and fun.

It usually takes the following to be a member of a serious order:

Membership can be given to someone who has one or more "godfathers" that will give guarantee for the new member.

They have different grades/steps for to step by step give knowledge.

They have a secrecy about the different grades/steps
about their history, symbols and ceremonies to make a "aahaa experiance" for the innitiates.

They are divided into different lodges.

They have special R�gals and medals worn internally. Not officially like for example military orders.

Alot of the orders have brotherhood as a main part of the theme.
With this it means to look after your brothers. If you are to buy something, buy it from a brother if it is not a really bad deal for you. For example. Vote for a brother, bla bla at a brother.

I have never seen this be taken to far. I would more call an order for a second back-up social security.

If I loose my job, I will get a new one.
If I get problems with drinking, I will have friends to support me.
IF I get problems with my finances and cant get up. Brothers will help me set up a budget, talk to the people I owe money, make good deals for me etc.
If I die before my wife/girlfriend. They will take care of her and help her financily if something goes wrong.
If I am a bussiness owner I might get some bussiness contacts.
If If If.
But Orders that try to rule countries and the world. Naah.

[Edited on 2003-9-8 by Magnus]

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Orders who get presidents elected, wall street bankers more influence, and who are exclusive only to a few? yes. they exist.

Freemasons
Thule society
Skull and Bones
Black Sun

Super secretive. Almost all thier members are major power prokers who basically help one another un an agenda.

They are around. They are everywhere.

Persecution happened to small orders simply because secret societies were meant only for the elites.

Loyal lodge of the moose does not fit in. Skull and Bones, with major presidents either being members, or being very cozy with members.....

Look at current admin.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
why are sororities never feared as bastions of NWO power? sheesh.
and, I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of garden-variety frats have nothing to do with the NWO power structure. I'm sure they use Masonic/occult imagery for the "oooh, spooky secret tradition!" factor, but that's about all. as for the national fraternity governing bodies, I guarantee they've got too much on their plate already trying to keep frats from hazing, and keeping the alums happy to do any planning of international conspirices.
now, I don't dispute that elite groups like Skull and Bones hold a fair amount of power, but your average frat boys at your local state university are as far removed from that power as any average person is.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I beleive the reason most sorotities are not feared is that they do not take things as far as fraternities usually do. There are cases of women being harmed in hazing rituals, and while high profile, are rare. Women do not haze like men, therefore not illiciting the loyalty like fraternities. These fraternities haze you until you have made a life bond with the rest of the men involoved. If you ever meet another from the same organization later, you know they went through similar tribulations and can be trusted. This creates a network through wich greeks further their own causes. I am a big fan of the greek network , and greek organizations in general.
It did freak me out a tad to see so many pieces of imagery shared with nwo or conspiracy type organizations.
to answer the sorority question, i am sure there are shared imagery, but in most cases, not the extreme level of commitment that fraternitites and other, more secret societies demand.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumpy
I beleive the reason most sorotities are not feared is that they do not take things as far as fraternities usually do. There are cases of women being harmed in hazing rituals, and while high profile, are rare. Women do not haze like men, therefore not illiciting the loyalty like fraternities. These fraternities haze you until you have made a life bond with the rest of the men involoved. If you ever meet another from the same organization later, you know they went through similar tribulations and can be trusted. This creates a network through wich greeks further their own causes. I am a big fan of the greek network , and greek organizations in general.
It did freak me out a tad to see so many pieces of imagery shared with nwo or conspiracy type organizations.
to answer the sorority question, i am sure there are shared imagery, but in most cases, not the extreme level of commitment that fraternitites and other, more secret societies demand.

Two things,

First, All greek letter societys do not "haze". If they do the "hazing" would be different from chapter to chapter. The only thing that might be the same is a ritual.

Second, Womens greek letter societys do "haze" their members, not all but some do this is a fact.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The reason that certain fraternities seemingly have a lot of members rise to positions of power and prestige is SIMPLE. It is NOT because of some tie to the Illuminati or NWO, trust me. My brotherhood is one of the more "secretive" and mystical ones. And YES, we do have brothers who have consistently risen to positions of power (5 US presidents). However, it isn't because we are tied to Skull and Bones; who by the way are nothing of what they used to be in terms of power, money, or influence. The reason that certain fraternities thrive and that their brothers rise to power is because of: #1) The ideals the fraternity was founded on and #2) who their alumni are. Think about it, if your alumni are successful, and the newer brothers are part of a brotherhood that still maintains these ideals, then naturally, whether with help from the alumni, or on their own self-will, they too will rise to power (Haha although in Bush's case it was definately because of who the Alumni (including his dadday) were. I know of no ties to the majority of the secret societies discussed extensively in this forum, however, there are inter-fraternity secret societies, whose purpose is not necessarily to grab power, but to maintain the stability and direction of the brotherhood (i.e. the Mystic Seven Society and its ties to Delta Kappa Epsilon). Thats my 2 cents for now

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
holy moly, I was in a fraternity, and I did not witness any satanic rituals or skull and bones symbols......jeesh......lots of naughty business, more along the lines of sex drugs and rock and roll, no illuminati agendas...

I did get some interviews after I graduated through my bro's, but I'd hardly call that evil, just networking....

you'd be VERY disappointed if you saw the initiation. no story here folks

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If you think about it, you'd expect 'powerful' positions to often be filled by 'fratboys', because all guys in frats are in colleges, and often (of course not allways) people in power are college educated. Also, fraternities often make sure that their members maintain a good gpa, so that will also make them more likely to end up in these visible 'powerful' positions.

I'd think that, the further back in time you go, the more true this would be, because in the past a much smaller number of people went to university and it 'counted' for a lot more.

And to be clear I'm certainly not saying only powerful peopel go to college and only college educated people are in 'powerful' positions, or even that all college educated people are in those positions.

new topics

top topics

join