It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on the Antichrist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Christ taught many Buddhist principles (so many that I actually think he was saught out by the Tibetan monks (the wise men) on the grounds that he could have been the next incarnation of the Dalai Lama, and went to Tibet when he was 14), so in that respect, anybody who taught principles against jesus' teachings would be the Antichrist.

Here's a link with some good info Is Jesus a Buddhist?

If you want to find the Antichrist, look for the person who teaches that violence, selfishness, greed, apathy and hate are good things whilst keeping a beaming smile on their face.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any
If you want to find the Antichrist, look for the person who teaches that violence, selfishness, greed, apathy and hate are good things whilst keeping a beaming smile on their face.

�any

The material about the missing years of Christ in the wilderness is always interesting.

Many have followed that path!

I'm just not sure regarding the last bit about the Antichrist - far too many to choose from.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
No, the Antichrist is supposed to pretend to be Jesus. He will walk the walk and talk his talk. He wouldn't ever go around preaching hate.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheManWithThePlan
No, the Antichrist is supposed to pretend to be Jesus. He will walk the walk and talk his talk. He wouldn't ever go around preaching hate.

Well, if you think about it, as a society now we are accepting many things like violence, apathy, a lack of respect for things, greed, etc. Who's to say that someone who preaches these things being good wouldn't be seen as the next Christ like figure? You twist people's perceptions enough and you can get them to think anything you like.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Is it not possible that buddhism has parallels with christianity or the islamic faith too for that matter?

Will the antichrist use technology to perform 'miracles' to seduce us into following him?

are we desparate to follow someone in a world changing so fast and seemingly out of control with problems?

will the anti-christ even be a religious personage or will they just be someother figure that has a spiritual philosophy?

does anyone have an idea when this person would surface or who it could be?

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Jesus is the Antichrist and the Antichrist will be Jesus. This will be the truest test of faith in all time. Jesus Christ and the Antichrist themselves knew who they were and one is first and one is last in the flesh. Come on, who really lacks so much faith in themselves?
I believe in the Christ within myself as God is my best friend. He is the good side in me that is winning.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The Antichrist will be from the tribe of DAN ......

Most Holy Fathers agree on the basis of Scripture that Antichrist will be of Jewish descent from the tribe of Dan. According to the prophecy of the patriarch Jacob, "Dan shall be a serpent in the way" (Gen. 49:17; cf Jer. 8:16); among the remnants of the tribes of Israel which are sealed unto salvation (Rev. 7:4-8),

the tribe of Dan is exclusively omitted. It is interesting here to note that the Ethiopian Jews, of whom several thousand were airlifted to Israel in the recently publicized "Operation Moses ," are declared to be "undoubtedly of the tribe of Dan" (a statement by the Sephardic Chief Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, "Time," Jan. 14, 1985).

It is also assumed that Antichrist's life will pattern itself after the life of Christ in the sense that it will be divided into three periods. During the first period, which will last about 30 years, he will remain hidden. "Antichrist will be raised secretly" (St. John Damascene), and will be expertly educated. Many people of spiritual life believe that Antichrist has already been born.

www.roca.org...

"Antichrist will cll himself a preacher and restorer of true knowledge of God: those who do not understand Christianity will see in him a representative and champion of true religion and will join themselves to him. Antichrist will appear to be gentle, merciful, full of love and of all virtues: he will be recognized as such and obeyed on account of his most exalted virtues by those who recognize fallen human nature as the truth.... [1].

Antichrist will offer to mankind the organization of the highest earthly well-being and prosperity, he will offer honors, wealth, majesty, and bodily comforts and pleasures: those who seek earthly things will accept the Antichrist and call him their master.

Antichrist will reveal before mankind a shameful display of striking miracles similar to the cunning presentation of the theater... [2].

He will instill fear by the terrors and wonders of his miracles, and by them satisfy vanity and human pride, he will satisfy carnal sophistry and superstition, and will confuse human learning: all men who are guided by the light of their fallen nature and who are foreign to guidance by the Light of God will be attracted to obey the deceiver".

www.apostle1.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheManWithThePlan

How on Earth can you guys believe that the AntiChrist will be like Jesus? He will be his exact oposite. If you call the AntiChrist Jesus like, you don't know Jesus, and you don't know the importancy of the precision of God's plan. The AntiChrist would most likely be Ba'al, or his "human representative". Him who "created" the heaven of the Babylonians, the Zodiak (Eg.: Mazzaroth). According to the Book of Enoch the person who taught the early Mesopotamians astrology was a fallen watcher, Baraqijal, some say he was of the order of the Seraphim. Enoch 1 says he was a "chief of ten" of a troop of fallen angels/demons. "Baraqijal (taught) astrology, Kokabel the constellations, .... Araqiel the signs of the earth, Shamsiel the signs of the sun, and Sariel the course of the moon". Semjaza, the leader of the fallen angels, and Azazel (both fallen seraphim) "to whom all sin ascribe" must also be mentioned, who are suspended between Heaven and Earth for their sins that led to the great Flood. According to one source "Semjaza is said to be constantly falling, with one eye shut, the other open, so that he can see his plight and suffer the more". The Koran says about the AntiChrist that he will only have one eye. Also, from Norse mythology we know that Odin, the all-father of the �ses (norse gods), gave away one of his eyes to gain wisdom.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Lucifer,

in context here christians cannot consider the anti-christ to be what you describe. from your perspective it may be so but not from that of christians.

helen670,

thanks very interesting and insightful,

was not aware of the tribe of Dan and its significance in this subject.

I am of the belief that christ is here also now.

mikromarius,

you raise a good point here,

in reality the anti-christ must truly be the opposite of what christ was,

but must appear to be christ like to deceive people.

helen670 points out how that will happen and who is susceptible to this deception.

let us consider how politicians do this before us every day,

pretending to be working on our behalf while serving annother master,

then we will see that this illusion is not so difficult to do.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Lucifer,

in context here christians cannot consider the anti-christ to be what you describe. from your perspective it may be so but not from that of christians.

helen670,

thanks very interesting and insightful,

was not aware of the tribe of Dan and its significance in this subject.

I am of the belief that christ is here also now.

mikromarius,

you raise a good point here,

in reality the anti-christ must truly be the opposite of what christ was,

but must appear to be christ like to deceive people.

helen670 points out how that will happen and who is susceptible to this deception.

let us consider how politicians do this before us every day,

pretending to be working on our behalf while serving annother master,

then we will see that this illusion is not so difficult to do.

WAKE-UP
Jesus is not returning, IT HAS ALL HAPPENED. ITS OVER WITH.

JESUS SPOKE TO THOSE PEOPLE NOT TO US. He taught THOSE people THEY NEEDED to know WHAT WAS GOING to HAPPEN.

ASK yourself 3 QUESTIONS, WHY would JESUS spend so much time teaching them? WHAT DO you think those DEAD PEOPLE can do for YOU? THEY ARE DEAD AND GONE!
WHO is changing those words in the BIBLE and making it LOOK like the present?
THIS generation shall not pass away... HE SPOKE of the geneation he was in AND NO OTHER. JESUS SPOKE THE TRUTH HE COULD NOT LIE!
NERO WAS the 666 person that was mentioned in Revelations.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The Antichrist will look good and appear to be kind and loving in order to get people to want him...
If he came as an ugly and deceitful person , then why bother to make his appearance!

Many people will be deceived.....and will welcome him because he will give you want you want.......anything possible, he will promise to you.......as long as you worship him and are happy to receive his mark....... The Lord said of the last times: except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved (Matthew 24.22).

It seems now that the days and months and years go so quickly......is it our imagination, or is it truly the end of days!!!

here is another link that talks of Genetics and the Antichrist...
www.romanitas.ru...(English).htm

helen...

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   
if i were the antichrist i wouldnt try to conquer the world, i mean all he can do is loose, right? so i doubt he is stupid enough to actually try it.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
if i were the antichrist i wouldnt try to conquer the world, i mean all he can do is loose, right? so i doubt he is stupid enough to actually try it.

Yes he will lose.....But unfortunately he does not want to LOSE on his own........he wants to take as many people with him as he can!

helen....

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
well yeah but does he have to come? or does he have a choice of not coming? cause knowing that id loose for certain, i wouldnt.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Katie,

In the new testament I put most faith in the passages where christ speaks.

In those places he claims he will return and explains the times and what will happen to ensure his second coming.

I do not believe that Nero was the anti-christ though you have picked a good example no doubt.

The anti-christ will have dominion over the entire world of which Nero did not.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katie
WAKE-UP
Jesus is not returning, IT HAS ALL HAPPENED. ITS OVER WITH.

JESUS SPOKE TO THOSE PEOPLE NOT TO US. He taught THOSE people THEY NEEDED to know WHAT WAS GOING to HAPPEN.

ASK yourself 3 QUESTIONS, WHY would JESUS spend so much time teaching them? WHAT DO you think those DEAD PEOPLE can do for YOU? THEY ARE DEAD AND GONE!
WHO is changing those words in the BIBLE and making it LOOK like the present?
THIS generation shall not pass away... HE SPOKE of the geneation he was in AND NO OTHER. JESUS SPOKE THE TRUTH HE COULD NOT LIE!
NERO WAS the 666 person that was mentioned in Revelations.

First: The word generation points to the children of Israel. We don't have a proper word for "human stock". "Race" would be the closest, but this word cannot be applied to humans since we are all as good as racial "identical" genetically.

You say that Nero was the AntiChrist and that the Book of Revelation was fulfilled when emperor Nero burnt down Rome. This theory is not new, but it just can't be true. Since hundreds of years BC until today there hasnt been a day where there hasn't been wars somewhere on the face of the Earth, and it just doesn't make any sense. For where's the movie Nero made of the empires of the Earth? How was it possible for people to be flown out of a tough situation (like being rescued by plane) back then? Besides, Rome is Babylon, and the Babylon of the Book of Revelations will receive double punnishment, probably meaning that Rome will burn twise. Not until now can the prophecies mentioned in the Book of Revelation be fulfilled. When did ever 200 million soldiers march on this planet in a war with three main fronts where one third of the world's population is killed?

Somewhere in the bible it says that we should not pay attention to people who say that it has happened, for when it eventually has, everyone will know. For when Jesus returns it will be made known all over the Earth. It will be all over the news and the net. If there will still be any news or internet left.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

new topics

top topics

join