It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate To Be A Kill Joy On The Subject Of Masons But...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Let's see- Masons are sworn to kill anyone who gives away their secrets?

How many people posting here at Secret Societies have been mysteriously murdered?

You can find all their "secrets" on the net.

They are selling their temples, their lodges. As they age it is clear young people are not joining, even though it could mean they would take over the world, right? If they really do run the world, how come their own sons aren't joining?

As they get smaller and smaller, older and older, exactly what am I supposed to fear?

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychomike

How many people posting here at Secret Societies have been mysteriously murdered?

They are selling their temples, their lodges. As they age it is clear young people are not joining, even though it could mean they would take over the world, right? If they really do run the world, how come their own sons aren't joining?

As they get smaller and smaller, older and older, exactly what am I supposed to fear?

True... I don't think masons are anything to fear. I've known a few people who have had offers to join, basically the only thing I've heard you can get out of it is if say.. your a mason and another guy isnt and your at a job interview of a mason, you automatically have more of a chance even if less qualified. I've heard they are charitable and give money to the community. Do all kinds of stuff.

Vorta

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
maybe increased telecommunications and transportation capabilities have rendered the old fraternal system obsolete. Entertainment is now of a MTV generation/ reality TV, and the new ritual is the Music Video? It is much easier to find people a simiar persuasion over the net too, so im guessing that tightnit orders dont appeal to many people.

when an esoteric/private order gets that big it either goes public or fractures and shrinks. I guess their method of going public was to debunk the claims on conspiracy theory websites.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It does seem like it has dissipated to the point that they are selling off lodges and temples!

The Masonic temples in Chicago have been sold- one is now a Hotel (The Intercontinental on Michigan Avenue by the Tribune building- which has kept all the ornamentation and art of the temple!), and the other is now a Bloomingdales!

I think young people don't really like rituals.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Proof would be great when stateing such accusations

I dunno, how would they be able to tell us if they had died?
Honestly what type of question is this? I don't think a single person on this forum has been murdered due to the nature of their posting.

Once agian a link would be great

You were never suppose to fear them in the first place.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I, too, would like to know where you find that Masons will kill to keep secrets.
I would also like to know what you mean by how many of us from the board have disappeared because of the Masons.

As far as finding all of their secrets on the 'net; How would you know when you found all of their secrets? Does the last one end with, "The End"?

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Does the last one end with, "The End"?

Actually the last one ends with The_Final, thus my name
I don't ever recall hearing about a board member being killed or anything, although I do know a few that claim to be harassed by the Masons

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'll be the first to admit we have Masons who guard this forum like the entrance to Heaven or something, but come on! For PsychoMike to suggest that people posting here have been mysteriously murdered is about as insane as claiming that I came from an amoeba!

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i dont believe he was making those as statements of trueth, but rather to show the hilarity of the some of the questions posted. Some have posted that masons are sworn to do anything possibly even kill to protect their secrets, and he was asking a rhetorical question when he said how many memebers have misteriously died? he already knows the answer is none. i believe he's just showing there coulndt possibly be any trueth to the anti masonic movments here.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   

would you want to dress up like an ignoramus and do a silly dance for a couple hours saying words that no longer have meaning just to have nothing happen?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
the words actually do have meaning and something very special does happen, you become a part of a brotherhood.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think what psychomike is trying to point out is that many people blow the masons out of proportion.

Making them seem like an evil protective cult, which I know isn't true.

The very fact there selling up lodges and such demonstrates a lack of interest in the masons.

Originally posted by umwolves123
the words actually do have meaning and something very special does happen, you become a part of a brotherhood.

Brotherhood must not be enough for some. Plus brotherhood seems like a very general term.

Answers.com
broth·er·hood (brŭTH'ər-hʊd')
n.

1. The state or relationship of being brothers.
2. Fellowship.
3. An association of men, such as a fraternity or union, united for common purposes.
4. All the members of a profession or trade.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
while it is true that younger masons are less ritualistic than the older ones, I have to agree that the ritual itself do carry a lot of symbolic meaning. However, to appreciate it, you need to have learned its meaning.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sacreligion

would you want to dress up like an ignoramus and do a silly dance for a couple hours saying words that no longer have meaning just to have nothing happen?

Ever been to a Nine inch Nails concert?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Who told you that? Masons, of course, aren't sworn to kill anybody.

Umm...maybe, none?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Are you guys nuts?

Don't you recognize satire when you see it?

Sheesh!

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
As a mason I find it sad that there is more masonry to found on the internet than is found in many of the local lodges.There is more info on the net for masons to read and learn from than was given to them in their own lodges. But don't count us out too soon. Many people are begaining to find out that their lifestyles are lacking and are starting to look for more meaning in their life. We may end up coming back.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think the Masons did lot's of good things, and no I don't think the Masons were Jack the Ripper, telling the president what to do, or killing people who "give away the secrets".

On another post here I posted info on The Children of God/ Family and their sexual abuse of children and infants which is well documented on the site. I posted that for 8 years they had the blessing of the White House and performed music there!

So there it all is. Not paranoid ravings- sexual abuse FOR REAL.

White House influence under Clinton FOR REAL.

Why make up sex cults, paranoid White House connections- WHEN THERE IS A GROUP THAT HAS ACTUALLY DONE ALL THAT AND ADMITS IT?!?

If the Masons eventually disappear it will be sad. the hospitals, the charities, the search for truth in a brotherhood.

If the Family/ Children Of God disappear at least Hell will be full!

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
people cant just line up and join the grand masters.

They pick you.

you cant make an application and hope for an interview.

only true believers are selected.

when they are convinced that you will never break their sacred constitution, you might get the call.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thats right. Also you have to inquire about it first there is no recruiting. I've always heard one of the strict rules is that a Mason cannot aproach someone about joining. That person has to inquire about it first. I've seen the 2B1ASK1 bumper stickers.

We are going to see the Masons around for a long time. I think the slowing down of Masonic activity is due to the newer generations not caring enough to give thier time for charity, and just a simple lack of not knowing about the Masons. You would be surprised how many people have never even heard of them.

I've heard many stories about the Masons good and bad. I do know they are VERY sworn to keep secrets. Never heard of them killing though. As far as harrasing goes, I wouldn't doubt it, but the person probably did something to draw thier attention.

The Masons go very far into the highest ranks of society. They will never just fizzle out. I have alot of questions unanswered, and different feelings about them, but as for now I must show much respect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join