It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gullibility Factor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I thought this test was very interesting. And the results seem to be right on for me at least. I am very talented musically, people consider me odd and I claim no religion or political party, instead my ethics and beliefs come from within.

The Gullibility Factor Test

In this simple, anonymous test, you can assess your own Gullibility Factor (GF) score. Simply answer TRUE or FALSE to the following questions, click SUBMIT, and your score will be instantly calculated and displayed along with an explanation and the correct answers.

My GF Score is 85.

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Your GF score is 88.
(Out of a range of 0 - 100, where 0 = mind slave, and 100 = free thinker.)
Hah, beat you. Time for me to go get some silver teeth fillings, buy a new house (because it is a good investment) and go to school to learn some good unbiased American history.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
67, I'm a learner. Then again the majority of the questions pertained to the USA, which I'm not knowledgeable about at all.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Learner
As a Learner, you're smart enough to know better, yet you're still not fully informed about reality. Around 15% of the population are Learners. You have the critical thinking skills to be a truly free individual, but you haven't exercised them enough yet. From time to time, you're still manipulated by the powers that be, although you frequently learn from those mistakes and refuse to be exploited again. You buy things because they are practical, not because they're cool.

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, but you would still be in a state of mild disbelief about the nature of reality. You are essentially unplugged, but still untrained. With more knowledge, you could become a true free thinker.

Your architects: You have always been an independent thinker. You rebelled against your parents, schoolteachers and always chose to hang out with smart friends who weren't necessarily that popular to the "in" crowd. Increasingly, you shape your own world by deciding what actions to take based on your own internal drive rather than what society tells you is right.

Action steps: Learn more. Educate yourself through alternative media and cutting-edge books. Read the answers below to get started.

I was doing ok with the answers until I came across that all Native cultures have a cure for cancer but no one wants you to know about it, and ADHD is a false disorder that is being used to sell more drugs.
Still pretty interesting though.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

As someone previously pointed out, alot of questions are US specific.

And the answers require a little more than True of False answers.

After you've done the test, do it again, only make all your answers false, see the score you acheive.

If you were asked these questions on a thread, you'd google alot of the answers you didn't know in order to educate, not speculate your answers.

I sway toward this test not being very accurate in assessing your true ability to freethink.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Koka]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Maybe I am just good on tests, but I knew what answers they wanted, by the way they asked the question. Look at the very first question: Drinking milk helps people lose weight.

Since it is a gullibility test, just answer the opposite of what you think people would answer! Or just look for the absolutes. Look at the second question: Silver fillings are safe to put in your teeth. Otherwise, dentists wouldn't use them.

Otherwise, dentists wouldn't use them? Boy, that's kind of making the question obvious!

I don't know my score, I wasn't gullible (or had enough patience) to finish the test.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Your GF score is 91.
(Out of a range of 0 - 100, where 0 = mind slave, and 100 = free thinker.)
Mind slave Free thinker
0 (You) 100

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)
If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).

So, I'm not very gullible? Well, you learn something new every day!

I actually answered one in a way that I knew would cost me points, but I disagreed with it from personal experience and I wasn't going to be gullible just to improve my gullibility factor.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I fell under "Free thinker" too. I think most intelligent, informed posters on this site would. Anyways, it still disturbed me to read all of those things all in a row on the answer page. Carmine was one of the things I had never heard of, sort of... weird. I started following the links and looking into how many things cause so many diseases, and the companies that make them are completely in-the-know but continue to do it anyway. Sort of disgusts me, and makes me want to really change my eating habits (which is still difficult while living at home but I will definately do after college). It is really interesting and disturbing at the same time, how much propaganda we are fed every single day, and also how much is hidden from us.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I was particulary interested in the information regarding "gas hydrates" and it's use as an energy source (which I felt was implied). This particular piece of information had no link.

From what I can see there are too many pitfalls in even considering it as a viable alternative at the moment. Such a disappointment.

marine.usgs.gov...

So be careful not being gullible about the info in the gullibility test.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

be careful not being gullible about the info in the gullibility test.

Haha I thought about this when I finished the test. "Is this serious? Some of this is stretching it a bit... maybe it is another gullibility test built into this one" Now I need the "paranoid test" =).

I put gas hydrates as false when I did it because I had never heard of it. The bottom of the ocean still doesn't sound that viable to me as a cheap resource. We can barely reach it with robotic, unmanned subs. How are we going to set up rigs for it

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My gf was 88.

Free Thinker

[edit on 5-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Free Thinker...Sheesh, I thought buying a house was a good investment... So much for getting on the Financial Grid. It still beats paying rent though.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
bah, your all amatuers, and I'v eobviously been on TAS too long...

Your GF score is 94.

Free Thinker

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Your GF score is 100. Do I win the Quipee Doll?

Just try to pull the wool over my eyes

By the way, I share my IP with others who have taken the test, just in case the data base reflects more than one result

[edit on 5-9-2005 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well I was able to get a modest 91 on this gullibility test.

I was suprised about the "Staying in the Sun is bad for you" one. I had marked it true and I had no idea what Vitamin E is actually, well at least what its used for or not used for.

The rest however I had previously learned on this great website! Very good educational place it is!

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I got 97, but the test is easy to predit the answers for as the questions are clearly weighted.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Your GF score is 97.

Shucks, I didn't believe the one about "carmine" that is actually made from insects: dead, ground up husks of female cochineal beetles.

Apparently television had me hypnotized on only one question, sigh.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I found this other gullibility test, its even more accurate and not as predictable as the one above.

Only bad part is that it is not offered online, you have to purchase it through snail mail.

Just write out the $500 check to Pineapple Upsidedown

---Pineapple

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I scored a 79.

It still was quite obvious which were the correct answers. A few I did not know though, the carmine one etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

top 5%

no surprise most of us on this site are in that top 5%.

new topics

top topics

join