It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I know this isn't site related but I can't find anyone that knows how to fix this. Was wondering if anyone here knows how.

I keep getting an error message while using windows explorer = "Iexplore has caused an error in USER.EXE. Iexplore will now close."

I downloaded Spybot and used it and I also tried repairing Internet Explorer. This error message keeps irritating the he11 out of me. Please Help.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Assuming you might have tried this, as I always do, but:

Plug the whole error message into Google, and you will get dozens of explanations of varying quality, one of which will no doubt suit your problem.

Horses for courses. There could be any number of reasons to do with conflicts or damage or corruption of the file itself.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Try a look at the website: www....#microsoft.com

Yes, it *is* a legitimate URL...

Almost enough to make me want to dig out my old C64...

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but Microsoft bashing is pointless and unjustified.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If I can find no immediate solution to a problem like this (since I'm lazy), I just say f0rk it, and ignore it. It eventually goes away...weeks later...after a few good defrags and scandisks

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
DC

Could you do me a favour? could you look at the spelling of the error? sounds funny I know but I had a real problem with a bit of spyware called IexpIore, When you glance at it you miss it. Sounds like what I had.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I've been dying to use that image

seriously, have you tried updating IE? sometimes a fresh install will get rid of the problem

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
See what's going on in your registry. A lot of times things shove themselves in there and autorun without you even knowing it. Things like tinybar, hotbar, intelligent explorer etc etc leech themselves onto IE and if one of this little bastards got in it is highly possible that you could be getting errors in IE. Also if that's not it, try putting booting from your windows cd and picking the file repair. Just change your boot order in the setup to CD first.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
doing a search in google for user.exe of the first few that came up was a link to MS's site that gives a fix for it

support.microsoft.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub I'm sorry, but Microsoft bashing is pointless and unjustified.

So it's pointless & unjustified to continue charging Bill Gates for such blatant acts of Invasion of Privacy as his software continues to make use of your personal information *without the user's permission*?...

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   

You have much to learn young one.

Download Crazy Browser. Not a single problem yet and it stop's those annoying pop-ups !!!

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Masked Avatar is right, in such case, goolge ofter turn out to be your best friend. If you dabble a lot with microsoft website, you know it can a lot of time to find the fix for your problem.

If you use XP, there's a nice reparation option that you can reach by poping in your CD and booting with it.

For general registry bug, the 'WindowsDoctor' of Norton SystemsWorks works like a charm.

But remember (if no hardware problem are involved), there's nothing that formating and re-installing can't fix.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
One thing I've picked up over the years is that when you buy a new computer, especially if it comes from a large company like Dell or Gateway etc, you should uninstall all the garbage that they throw in with your machine, and set it up to be optimized for your use. After this is done (but before you install anything supplemental) use Symantec's Ghost program to creat an image of your hard drive. You can do this onto a couple of CD's (PM me for directions if needed). That will be very helpful because that way when things get screwed up on your system, which happens all the time, you will be able to just go back to that image with all your system files working perfectly. Keep in mind, this isn't really meant for data purposes, so if you create an image and then download 10gig of mp3's those aren't going to be there. The purpose of ghosting is to be able to literally return the computer to the state it began in, as though nothing ever changed. It's extremely effective for me at work.

(Partition your HD, keep system files on C, data on D, and you'll be good to go)
I do it at work at least once a year and my system runs like a charm.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Djarums gived some good advice, but another one would be : don't buy crappy computer like Dell, Gateway, Emachine, Compaq/HP, etc...
Unless you go for a specific model, that you reviewed all the spec and are ok with it.

Custom built PCs are the way to go. If you can't build it, just get someone do it for you.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
I know this isn't site related but I can't find anyone that knows how to fix this. Was wondering if anyone here knows how.

I keep getting an error message while using windows explorer = "Iexplore has caused an error in USER.EXE. Iexplore will now close."

I downloaded Spybot and used it and I also tried repairing Internet Explorer. This error message keeps irritating the he11 out of me. Please Help.

Reinstall I.E 6 and the latest patch, also,
install direct X 9.1

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If you can't get IE fixed with the instructions on the sites mentioned in prior post,and IE won't repair itself,you will have to go to microsoft's download site and re-install it from there.
Microsoft.com/downloads
get rid of the spyware,that is most likely causing your problem,remove it from you install new software in control panel,go to a site on the web with further instructions on how to be rid of it,there are many.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Linux my friend, since i made the changeover, those problems have been a thing of the past!

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub

R U #ing serious?

Neck shot for the Bill Gates say i !!!

[Edited on 27-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
as well as spybot use adaware, you can get it at

www.lavasoft.com

it often gets rid of the things spybot misses for whatever reason.

top topics

join