It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do We Make the World Great through Spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Certain incontrovertible principles exist and if followed the whole world would be great. A few might be: 1) Prayer, 2) Attending Church, 3) Bible Reading, 4) Missionary Work, 5) Caring for the Sick, 6) Caring for Widows, 7) Caring for Orphans, 8) Caring for the Elderly... What are other spiritual principles that could be exercised to make the whole world great? Please comment.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The ability to forgive.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
How about just caring?

In general?

About each other? No specific groups. Just...caring.

(though I'm not sure about the Bible part. I don't think it's necessary for loving, tolerating and caring for each other. There's also the wee problem that millions of people - who are equally deserving of our love, tolerance, forgiveness - simply don't believe the Bible).

And listening.

Listening would be good, if more people actually did it.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   

1. Love and TRUST God
  2. Love and ACCEPT others
  3. Love and ACCEPT self
  4. Never value any THING above any PERSON
  5. GIVE more than you TAKE
  6. MIND your OWN business
  7. Love, practice, and uphold TRUTH
  8. CARE for one another as if your life depends upon it

And--remember ALWAYS that it's not about COMPETING--it's about TEAMWORK.

And there is just ONE TEAM.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is an interesting thread so here are my thoughts:

Being spiritual will in the most part not make the world better, because it seems to me that you think that by being spiritual, you will change the world or set an example for non-spiritual people to learn by or follow. This is in contradiction to what the Bible says is to happen. Without quoting scripture (which I adhore), the general trend is that the world gets worse until God intervenes. It says that it gets bad enough that humans have to eventually have faith and rely upon God. It never makes mention that the people become extremely spiritual and change the world for the better.

There is a lot going on in the world right now that shows me that for whatever reasons, God is allowing things to become worse until it reaches a critical point.
Our survival, or salvation even, has never been dependent on ourselves or how spiritual we might try to be. Perhaps we are just passengers in life and the only true thing to do is to become humble. I would hope everyone could learn to be this way, but I would be lying if I thought that we could make other people do so by some example of how to live.

The best thing you can do is to be spiritual and care, but your payoff is probably at best, in knowing that you made a difference when no one else is aware of it or responds to it.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by superprivy
Certain incontrovertible principles exist and if followed the whole world would be great. A few might be: 1) Prayer, 2) Attending Church, 3) Bible Reading, 4) Missionary Work, 5) Caring for the Sick, 6) Caring for Widows, 7) Caring for Orphans, 8) Caring for the Elderly... What are other spiritual principles that could be exercised to make the whole world great? Please comment.

"that the hungry be fed, the naked clothed, the sick nourished, the aged protected and the infants cared for"Holy Piby-Robert Athlyi Rogers

The above is part of what has developed into the Nyahbinghi Creed of Rastafari,I don't know if it originates from Rogers or whether he took it from elsewhere but the principles are solid and closely matches the above quote and shows no matter the percieved differences between us there are universal truths that unite everyone.I would question the validity of the first two examples of the original post,would the world really be a better place if everyone prayed and went to church.I take it that by these you mean them within the bounds of the Roman concept,christianity?

Love and respect are all that's needed to make a better world,everything worthy is encompassed by these principles and everything outside causes division and trouble.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ras Dedan
I would question the validity of the first two examples of the original post,would the world really be a better place if everyone prayed and went to church.I take it that by these you mean them within the bounds of the Roman concept,christianity?
I would question the validity, even, of the word 'church'--as applicable to God's true intentions.

God didn't make us people just so we could become spirits. He gave us spirit and then Spirit so that we can love each other and serve each other in a tangible material world created for us to habitate.

Praying is just another word, IMO, for thinking about God and talking to God, and don't forget the most important part of praying--which is listening to God!

What might God say if we listened? Would He say:

1. You better go to church and you better not fall asleep while being preached to--because you might miss the chance to donate to my cause.

Or would He say:

2. You better all get together on Sunday morning--wearing your worn out jeans and workshirts--and find that widow in your neighborhood whose fence is broken down and whose roof leaks in every room. Don't oversleep because you might miss the chance to donate to my cause.

If that were church, I would go.

In fact, I'm pondering starting up a 'church' in the name of true neighborly love for the purpose of spreading God's love. Complete with no building, no preacher, and no sermon. And if you show up in your Sunday best you'll definitely be overdressed.

Love and respect are all that's needed to make a better world,everything worthy is encompassed by these principles and everything outside causes division and trouble.
Did that come from your own heart? Awesome! That's truly quotable!

new topics

top topics

join