It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Worse Than Vietnam -- in Number of Journalists Killed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I am sorry to break your Patriotic Bubble, but the US has alot of similarities with the Nazi Germany. Patriotism is One.

[edit on 31/8/05 by Souljah]

How so?
I dont see no SA units going around, I see no gobbels working on the next campiegn posters.
I'll break your bubble, its all opinion, you think your right and the US is similar to nazi germany.
He does not in his opinion, you perceive the US as a tyrant, yes or no?
He percieves the US as a defender of freedom, yes or no?
There is no truth, there is no right or wrong. There is only opinion, perception and interpretation.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
How so?
I dont see no SA units going around, I see no gobbels working on the next campiegn posters.
I'll break your bubble, its all opinion, you think your right and the US is similar to nazi germany.
He does not in his opinion, you perceive the US as a tyrant, yes or no?
He percieves the US as a defender of freedom, yes or no?
There is no truth, there is no right or wrong. There is only opinion, perception and interpretation.

Well if you dont' see it now, maybe things will get Clearer for you in near Future. Yes it is my opinion, but I am not alone with it. Too bad you can't see the World with my Eyes - you would understand my Position and why is it that way.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well if you dont' see it now, maybe things will get Clearer for you in near Future. Yes it is my opinion, but I am not alone with it. Too bad you can't see the World with my Eyes - you would understand my Position and why is it that way.

I don’t see it now, and no one knows how the future will turn out so I’m not playing a guessing game.
Also why should I see the world though your eyes? Because you think your view is the right one? I have my way of view and though and you have yours, but don’t push you're view on me or I'll push right back. It’s as simple as that.

[edit on 31-8-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
When will people learn that it is impossible to argue with Anti-American trolls. I love the fact this American hater uses a American Movie Icon for his avatar. If you hate the US so much you should shun away from such americanized symbols. Why don't you use something your country has attributed to the world. Oh wait let me guess you live in a piece of shi*t country that has never done a da*mn thing for this world and you are a jealous hater. Kthanksbye Well in case you are wondering your life would be a miserable hell if it wasn't for Airplanes, Telephones, indoor toilets, internet, electricity and just about everything else you see around you. So Souljah do me a favor and fly over here to the US where I stand and kiss the ground i walk on and I will forgive you.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I dont think I would want to see it with yours eyes thank you very much.
Frankly they wouldnt use SA units or anything like the SA, why? To unpredictable.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstrik
Oh wait let me guess you live in a piece of shi*t country that has never done a da*mn thing for this world and you are a jealous hater.

So Souljah do me a favor and fly over here to the US where I stand and kiss the ground i walk on and I will forgive you.

By using this message board, you agree to the following:

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

You have Been Reported.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
while reporting him..............why don't you provide us with an answer?

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
World Wide Web

The collective network gained a public face in the 1990s. In August 1991 Tim Berners-Lee publicized his new World Wide Web project, two years after he had begun creating HTML, HTTP and the first few web pages at CERN in Switzerland. In 1993 the Mosaic web browser version 1.0 was released, and by late 1994 there was growing public interest in the previously academic/technical Internet. By 1996 the word "Internet" was common public currency, but it referred almost entirely to the World Wide Web.

Not Everything is "Made in USA".

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Not Everything is "Made in USA".

Your point is what?

Still waiting for the answer to the question I posed to you.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
U.S. Confirms Its Troops Killed Reuters Journalist in Iraq

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The U.S. military confirmed on Thursday that its soldiers killed a Reuters journalist in Iraq but said their action was "appropriate.''

Describing Sunday's incident, when television soundman Waleed Khaled was killed by multiple shots, Major General Rick Lynch said: "That car approached at a high rate of speed and then conducted activity that in itself was suspicious. There were individuals hanging outside with what looked to be a weapon.

"It stopped and immediately put itself in reverse. Again suspicious activity. Our soldiers on the scene used established rules of engagement and all the training received ... decided that it was appropriate to engage that particular car."

"And as a result of that the driver was indeed killed and the passenger was hurt by shards of glass.''

Reuters cameraman Haider Kadhem, 24, like Waleed an Iraqi, was slightly wounded by flying fragments but survived in the passenger seat of the car, only to be detained for the next three days by U.S. troops. Kadhem was using a small video camera.

Reuters Global Managing Editor David Schlesinger rejected any suggestion that the killing of Waleed was justified.

"The idea that the killing of a professional journalist doing his duty could be justified is repugnant to me,'' he said.

Lynch, senior spokesman for all U.S.-led forces in Iraq, said the investigation into the incident, by an officer from the army division involved in the shooting, had been concluded.

But a spokesman for the division said the report had not yet been formally completed and was not yet available.

Source.
New York Times

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Journalism is holy ground right Highlander?????

Lol lol lol..this theme, This thread is laughable..it is bottom scrapping in despiration.

this is the last straw in political bottom feeding.!! Not really but it is close..very close.

As someone else so aptly and correctly stated ...journalist are adults ..they know what they are walking into .it is not Disneyland. They have no free pass to play through. Anyone using this very poor tactic to make a point about this war or any other is bottom feeding!!! Got that ..bottom feeding!!! It is using this tactic just like trying to pimping a substandard product to a unwary public.
Journalism world wide has gotten a very bad rap...done alot by its own members during the last two administrations here in America. Not surprising ..since alot of journalism has succumed to tabloid formats. Now they pay the price among each other for the latest tabloid story. I dont feel sorry for them..they know the risks...there are no free passes to play through. Not from this corner.
I feel sympathy for the familys of journalists but these journalists are adults and know the risks.

Oh ..and by the way ..I have been in the military and been overseas in the service of Uncle Sam.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Please send Geraldo R back to the front line there are always more whiney liberals to replace him.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ouch!!!!!!! Bingo...nice shooting!!!

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join