It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irans Military Capability.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hi,
NR! Can you tell me where you got these catalogs from?
Any website or what....

thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SIRR1

ummm...iranians will fight to the last man...remember the Iran Iraq War (80-88)? Even though they fought against their own Shia and Muslim brethren they fought fiercely to defend their homeland
And if US does invade Iran people will be massing at recruitment centers because they dont want their country turned into an Iraq...and not many people support USA

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If both militaries are well rested, I believe that the US can win in a war againist Iran's military, and only Iran's military (NO INSURGENTS).

I say this not because I am an American but because the US military has better technology and more allies.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by skippytjc

The real issue with engaging Iran is their missle technology. 1 in every 300 people in the nation is employed in the industry of making missles. 39 American bases exist in the gulf within easy range of Iran. This includes the 5th fleet in Bahrain. A couple hundred missles raining down on every one of these targets would completely knock the hell out of America. And looking at the statistics available on missle development and available numbers it could be more like a couple thousand raining down on each and every yank target. Bing Bang Boom no invasion force left capable to invade Iran!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Ops

The thing i find most curious about all this is the Persian Iranian's have not invaded a country in over 300 years. But we see them as a threat.
They have no need to attack us, why attack us when they "know" we will blow the # out of them. They are so incredible rich with all their oil, they have no need.

Yeah they do have a navy. They have new chinese made kilo class submarines. Apparently recently the U.S. did tests with the chinese subs and the chinese suprised the U.S. subs by popping up next to them undetected.

They also have minisubs. Just a couple of people fit in them

One thing i know is the fact that pretty much every man women and "child" in Iran would be "happily" willing to sacrifice their and their children lives for Allah to protect Iran. Every single soldier and civilian would love to be a kamakaze and go to (as they see) the better place.

No American soldier wants to die. The Persians would like to, in battle.
NO JOKE

I must stress guys they are not like Iraqi's, they "aren't" Arab tribes at all. The vast majority of Iranian's are "PERSIAN", they are very different and very, very proud, this is a a civilization that has been around for over 2000 years! YOu don't last that long without being able to fight your own battles.

Something i find extremely interesting is since Iran's borders were drawn long, long ago. They have hardely changed at all. But EVERY single nation that surrounds them have changed their names and had their borders redrawn several times. Doesn't this say something about the Persian's resiliance?

Apparently when the Iraqi's invaded Iran back in the 80's. They were met with some kind of human wall in some battles that was "very" effective in smothering the Iraqi forces by shear numbers. They don't care if they die in battle!

America would have to conscript more soldiers, the "Persians" are so proud that they feel it an honour to die protecting their country and specifically their god.
I heard one of the Iranian General's interview's on Youtube he says they have 11million reserves!!

Not counting the Nukes, do you think America has enough guns and bombs to kill 11 million people swarming at a ground force in Iraq?

I say again an Islamic Persian dying and going to Allah is seen as a beautiful and better place to be. So the Iranians "will" act like Kamakazes just like the very effective suicide bombers we see in Iraq. America hasn't fought a war where every one of the enemy would love to die fighting!

The american soldiers in Iraqi would have to deal with a suicide bomb every hour not every day after we attack Iran and it wouldn't just stop there they would come to our cities and do the same thing!

The other thing that America does not have going for them is the terrain of Iran is more like Afgahnistan, nothing like Iraq.

If we bomb them that will not be the end, they will come and suicide bomb all our cities "happily"

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well there are a lot of Americans that hope that a war with Iran does not have to happen at all. Many Americans who have met Iranian emigrants who came here to live see the Iranians as totally likeable people that are very distinctly different from the middle eastern muslims like the Arabs, Pakistanis, Iraqis, Kuwatiis who they do not care much about. Iran has made great strides in being able to make their own defensive weapons such as tanks, apcs, and fighter aircraft. Iranians proved how brave they were as soldiers in the war against Iraq. Iranian forces could hold their own in a war against an opponent like Israel alone. However if the USA gets into the action against Iran it will not be any ground war scenario like with Iraq. It will be all high tech and fast speed in the air only. Yes Iran does have an updated air defence system of sorts like the tor51s it recently bought from Russia. It will down stealth airplanes at times as well as souped up Iraeli F-16s. Stealth aircraft systems are old line news and if the US Air Command uses its new line of Aurora fighter aircrafts flying in at high altitudes at Mach 4 to Mach 7 speeds Iranian anti aircraft personal will be dead before they have time to react cause in about 3 seconds after making a strike they will already be hundreds of miles away and out of range of Iranian anti aircraft missiles flying at 4,000 to 7,000 miles an hour. After they have all but destroyed every target they sought to hit, the US air command will then just sit back and mop up whats left with dozens of new pilotless drones flown by computer jockeys thousands of miles away that carry as much firepower as the F-16s do now flying in at 5 feet off the ground at about 400 miles an hour. The best weapon Iran has got is its oil to cut some kind of economic agreement with and to stop even trying or hinting to make nuclear weapons cause the US will do just what VP Dick Cheny spoke about two years back when he said we'l bomb Iran back into the stone age if we have to.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by enslaved83

On the whole I do agree with Skippytjc .
If you really look at the war of Iran-Iraq you can easily find out Iran has no enough technology & financial support & military management to tolerate the war.
I'm surprised i heard Iran has the technology of war! In modern war air force is the Ace of card.
The Baghdad air defense system was resemblance of Moscow. How long did they stand against U.S. Air force army? The one of powerful of Arab's country which fighted 8 years against Iran with about equal position, only captured by 21 days!!
Iran is the vast countries & military concentrating is very difficult. Iran is weaker than we think. Just only in frost days, most of the diurnal affairs confuses! Attacking to infrastructures & switch off the global navigation will cripple the military troops & order in the main cities.
Confronting the anarchy in the main cities & disordering anywhere will overwhelm the governors.
With considering of no backing money of fighting, especially for a country which depend on 1 production.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just remember that Iraq was superior to Iran and the USA had a field day with Iraq in the first Gulf War. Iran may have advanced some since then but so has the USA by huge margins. Including many years of hard combat experience in the ME. I get tired of reading about how bad the Iranians would kick the USA in the ass. I'm sorry to spoil everyone's hopes but believe me, Iran wants nothing to do with the US military. Maybe a crazed Cleric wouldn't mind thinking that Allah or the 12th Imam will intervene. I doubt any sane person there really wants to tackle the USA right now.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You have some good points here, but I think there is need for some correction. Persians are not insane. They, like anyone else, want to live long and prosperous lives. They do not have a death wish. Also, a majority of them do not necessarily believe in dying for religion. In fact, the Persian people fought off the Islamic invasion for thousands of years, and still resist it to the extent that they can. This is why there is great turmoil between the people of Iran, and the Islamic Republic.

With that said, I think what is important to note is the fact that the Persian culture is a collectivist one. That means each Iranian thinks of himself as part of the group. They are willing to make sacrifices if it means others can live better and more prosperous lives. This is in direct contrast to the American individualist culture, where every man is out for himself. This is why capitalism woks to such a great degree in the US, and why some would argue Capitalism is actually failing in the US. All of this is b/c life in the US is about the individual. You may think that you care about your family and friends, and neighbors, etc. But believe me, this does not compare to how Persians feel about one another. They are a proud, educated, ancient group of people. They were a super power long before the US ever existed. We owe much of our culture to them.

To reduce all of this to a "we can kick their ass" type of attitude, is exactly the type of approach that would cost the US great numbers of casualties in a conflict with Iran.

All of this is moot, however, because we will not engage Iran. And well, Iran has not engaged anyone in war for hundreds of years, so they have a history of peaceful existence. We don't have to worry about them doing anything to anyone. In fact if you really want to get down to it... since WWII, the US has engaged in over 80 military offensives around the world. This is the largest number of offensives out of all the countries. The second largest is England at a whopping 20 offensives. If anyone is a threat to the world, it seems to me that we are. I mean we have the largest economy, the biggest military, and a well documented history or offensives against others.

So, really we don't have to worry. The only way a fight will start, is if we start it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join