It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irans Military Capability.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:
NR

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
No Tu-22Ms and MiG31s in Iran.. sure of that..

And a question on that Shahab-3.. Are you sure those pics are of the Sahab-3?
What is its range?
HAs it been tested yet?
Its not ICBM for sure..
You need cryogenics for that..

dam man where have you been? of course thats Shahab-3 but its a B versian because now it has a 2000km range and yes it is ICBM you can find the video of it throughout this link. This link has alot of things and good videos enjoy!.

www.iranmilitaryforum.com...

NR

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I know for sure there was more than 3 succesfull tests by Shahab-3B heres another one.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don't think 2000km is an ICBM..
Its some other abbrevation..MRBM or IRBM..
ICBMs employ re-entry technique and for that you need heat shield tech..
I don't think Iran's been working on that..

NR

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I don't think 2000km is an ICBM..
Its some other abbrevation..MRBM or IRBM..
ICBMs employ re-entry technique and for that you need heat shield tech..
I don't think Iran's been working on that..

I think what you said might be correct, what most people dont know is that due to U.N and E.U Iran is only suppose to continue along with Shahab-3 so improving with more range and warhead, Shahab-4 is Shahab-3B and Shahab-3C is going to be Shahab-5 with 4,000 kilometer range and Shahab-3D will end up being Shahab-6 with 6,000 km range.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
No really for anything above 3500km requires re-entry..
Has Iran ever recovered packages from space?

Also according to FAS Shahab-3 is nothing but No-dong technology..The 2000km range was recently claimed(in 2005) by the Iranian defense minister but american space sensors claim about half of all Shahab-3s launched have failed.

www.fas.org...
www.globalsecurity.org...

Here's a more optimistic report of the Shahab-3:
www.acig.org...

Basically the Iranians claim that the Shahab-3 is a response to Israel's Arrow ABM-TMD..

What is striking though that in 1998 Pakistan also tested a balllistic missile remarkably similar to the Shahab-3 and both bearing ab cabby resemblance to the No-dong1..

I smell a long trail of missile proliferation

Here's the reach as stated by missilethreat.com in terms of countries if the range claims are true:

Such a reach could give Iran the capability to target all of Israel, Turkey, much of India, parts of Germany and China, and U.S. forces stationed in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Persian Gulf

Funny how they mention China and India here..esp china..wonder why..

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think to show how far in each direction it goes.

N S E W

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Not really.. As far is north is concerned, If that missile can reach ANY part of Germany then it can reach Moscow
They don't mention Russia..

Turkey has a border with Iran..Obv. that missile can reach turkey, even if it had a 500km range..
Still they mention turkey..
But not Pakistan..
SAme case with Afghanistan and Iraq..
If they were trying to show reach, then these countries needn't be mentioned..
Russia could've been mentioned..

Very weird..

NR

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Iranian made helmets/bulletproof vest for military.

NR

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Iranian made calibers.

NR

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
more iranian made small arms.

9mm Zoaf Pistol

12.7mm Dooshka Anti-Aircraft Machine Gun

MG3 Machine Gun, Cal. 7.62

Fixed Butt Stock G3 Rifle, Cal. 7.62

Retractable Butt Stock G3 Assault Rifle, Cal. 7.62

Khaibar.

M-16

Iranian made RPG-7/G-3/AK-47/38 mm Hoshdar 1 Multi-Purpose Gun

NR

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
IRIAF Su-24MK/Su-24 Fencers, 30 are in service.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by NR]

NR

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
heres our MiG-29's, we have 50 and since we re-engineered both J-79 and J-85 were also doing it for RD-33 engine, heres more pics.

NR

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
more of F-14 pics which also includes our own versian of AIM-54 pheonix missile and for sure theres over 40 in service. Latest pics

NR

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Iranian made Rapier SAM.

New artileray rocket vehicle.

122MM mortar launcher.

Iranian made 40mm RPG.

multi-mini rocket launcher.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Please, i would like to see IRAN try to beat the US in a war. Unlike the IRANIANS we dont parade our most powerful weapons in the streets. and our weapons are way stronger than theirs. our global positioning and stragies are far more advanced than theirs. If u actually think that these weapons scare our government then u are crazy, we have faced and beat a lot stronger militaries and if IRAN starts a war with us we will just add them to the list,....dont get me wrong, i hope there is no war because i am a shia muslim. but i dont avoid the truth. It will be the end of IRAN if they go to war with the United States of America

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
US strong card is their air force. If you look at hove the US conduckt their attacks, its airstrikes first. The whole US consept is based on owning the air.

If Iran is ever going to be abel to handel a first strike from Israel or the US. They would need to build a defence against this fist strike. A first strike conducted by cruse missiels , stealth bombers and deep striking apaches. All this backed up by hundres of fighter like the F-15 , F-16 , F-18 and maybe F-22s.

At the same time Iran would have to have the capabelity to attack the aircraft carriers and surounding ships and US bases placed in the region. And succeed on takeing out these targets.

If Iran could defend and attack at the same time and stop the firststike. This would put the US in a postion they havent accounted for. This would be a bad sign for Israel. As Iran has 20 000 rockets pointed at them from Iran and about 10 000 rockes from Lebanon.

But Irans problem is lack of strategi. They dont know hove to pick targets. They have their rockes most likely to strike sivilian targets not millitary.

This is Irans biggest weaknes. They would moust likely put them self in a defencive position , because of pour judgment of retaliation. And they would loose in the end.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Iran's main offensive weapon will be the anger of the american people once they realize that MORE american lives, and money will be used to attack Iran under the direction of Israel. The anti-war movement will be very organized and much more powerful this time around. We got tricked by the Bush government and his Israeli puppeteers to invade Afganistan, and then Iraq, but now the American people are wising up and the 911 card has lost it's appeal.' Plus, most people have gone backrupt, lost their house, are unemployed, or about to experience some of these terrible events.

The American people will stand up for the right to not invade any more countries.

Oh, how I hope the government gets desperate enough to use the draft.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
[edit on 6/10/2008 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
Ah, shades of the pre-Gulf War I debate. This old Cavalry Trooper loves the statistical prowess of all armchair quarterbacks... I remember Walter Cronkite's "This could be the bloodiest battle since the D-Day invasion..." That with other such pronouncements of impending doom from the all knowing intellectually superior talking heads brings back such warm memories. Yes, this thread brings back many memories.

Then the vaunted military of Iraq, fourth largest in the world filled with battle hardened veterans of the war with Iran and equipped with the best Russian military equipment, would fight us to a stand still; they would bleed us until we left. However, the Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airforce of the US military did then as they always have, and will again if needed. (To exclude the stupidity of a standing Army trying to 'police' in a Guerilla war.)

Even when out gunned and caught off guard, as we were at the Battle of Medina Ridge in February of 91, we gave them a taste of hell. I know personally the Iranian military will be no different.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've been looking around on this for a little while and I noticed a few things. Almost every weapon I've seen is outdated and/or a hand-me-down from some other nation. For instance, the missiles on the back of a jeep? C'mon now. That's ridiculous. The Marine Corps has HIMARS or High Mobility Artillery Rocket System developed by Lockheed Martin. Take a look at that thing on Wikipedia. It's pretty awesome, especially when fired. Also, I saw some pictures of their artillery unit. A joke compared to ours. I say this because I've seen all the weapons we have. At least the naval/marine side of it. Speaking of which, do they even have a navy? We could just send a fleet through the Arabian Sea and rape them. I don't know, I think it'd be a pretty ridiculous, but we'd come out victor. Especially with their 30 year old M-16's and AK-47's.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join