It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Irans Military Capability.

page: 6
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join
share:
NR

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
pavil i understand that you like to compare Iraq because of how easily they were defated, but you must understand that iranian pilots are very skilled and trained even on an embargo they still managed to knock out hundreds of fighters, we also make our own and is usually based on F-4 and F-14 since we had so much experience, as for SAMS i'm not sure how old that website is but theirs also a versian of S-200 we make and another one named Sayad 1A, as for cruise missiles we make mostly alot of them, our satelite is gonna laucnh this month so we also would know targets much easier and would know when to attack.


iranian made Sayad-1A SAM.




Shahab-Taqeb being tested succesfully.



Cruise missile Ra'ad.



Another Cruise missile named Fateh-110, which is also T.V guided.





[edit on 9-9-2005 by NR]

[edit on 9-9-2005 by NR]




posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If Britain ends up invading Iran, I look forward to joinging in the fight if I get into the Royal Marines.


NR

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Shahab-3B, one of the worlds most advanced and accurate ballistic missile.






NR

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mashup
If Britain ends up invading Iran, I look forward to joinging in the fight if I get into the Royal Marines.


both germany, U.K and France are trying to stay away from U.S military action against Iran.

[edit on 9-9-2005 by NR]



posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Good, then I can go and train in Norway, Borneo, Kosovo and other places.



posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
www.globalsecurity.org...




As of 2000 it was estimated that only 40 of the 132 F-4Ds, 177 F-4Es and 16 RF-4E. Phantoms delivered before 1979 remained in service. At that time, approximately 45 of the 169 F-5E/Fs delivered are still flying, while perhaps 20 F-14A Tomcats of the 79 initially delivered were airworthy. Another 30 F-4s, 30 F-5s and 35 F-14s have been cannibalized for spare parts. One report suggested that the IRIAF can get no more than seven F-14s airborne at any one time. Iran claims to have fitted F-14s with I-Hawk missiles adapted to the air-to-air role. .....An unknown number of "new" Su-25s were delivered to the Iranian Revolution Guards Corps Air Force (IRGCAF) in 2003. Where these Frogfoots originate from is unclear....
There have been reports of some 10 F-8Ms "Finback", 7 Tu-22Ms, 19 MIG-27s, and several MIG-31s (Russia's most modern fighter aircraft, US$40 million ) being present in Iran, but these are not confirmed.


NR,

Please supply numbers of aircraft and SAM launchers if my numbers are outdated or incorrect. The reason Iran did so well with their airforce during the Iran/Iraq war was that their pilots, which you are correct, were skilled and were well trained by US personal. How many of thoses same pilots are still flying? If they were 25y ears old in 1980 that would make them 50 years old now.

To claim your pilots are highly skilled is tenous at best. How many hours of actual air time do they log per year? How many pilots have faced actual combat? Do they train in all weather conditions and at all times of the day and night?. How often do they do live weapons exercises? One reason Iran's airforce did so well was due to the US built Tomcat F-14's. Those will be Iran's greatest airpower asset , depending on how many are servicable.

Even so, just comparing top of line aircraft available, Iran would be at a huge numerical disadvantage should conflict break out with the U.S. Even you would have to admit that NR. That's not even talking about combat experiened pilots. As I said, at the end of the day, the US would control the skies.


NR

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
www.globalsecurity.org...




As of 2000 it was estimated that only 40 of the 132 F-4Ds, 177 F-4Es and 16 RF-4E. Phantoms delivered before 1979 remained in service. At that time, approximately 45 of the 169 F-5E/Fs delivered are still flying, while perhaps 20 F-14A Tomcats of the 79 initially delivered were airworthy. Another 30 F-4s, 30 F-5s and 35 F-14s have been cannibalized for spare parts. One report suggested that the IRIAF can get no more than seven F-14s airborne at any one time. Iran claims to have fitted F-14s with I-Hawk missiles adapted to the air-to-air role. .....An unknown number of "new" Su-25s were delivered to the Iranian Revolution Guards Corps Air Force (IRGCAF) in 2003. Where these Frogfoots originate from is unclear....
There have been reports of some 10 F-8Ms "Finback", 7 Tu-22Ms, 19 MIG-27s, and several MIG-31s (Russia's most modern fighter aircraft, US$40 million ) being present in Iran, but these are not confirmed.


NR,

Please supply numbers of aircraft and SAM launchers if my numbers are outdated or incorrect. The reason Iran did so well with their airforce during the Iran/Iraq war was that their pilots, which you are correct, were skilled and were well trained by US personal. How many of thoses same pilots are still flying? If they were 25y ears old in 1980 that would make them 50 years old now.

To claim your pilots are highly skilled is tenous at best. How many hours of actual air time do they log per year? How many pilots have faced actual combat? Do they train in all weather conditions and at all times of the day and night?. How often do they do live weapons exercises? One reason Iran's airforce did so well was due to the US built Tomcat F-14's. Those will be Iran's greatest airpower asset , depending on how many are servicable.

Even so, just comparing top of line aircraft available, Iran would be at a huge numerical disadvantage should conflict break out with the U.S. Even you would have to admit that NR. That's not even talking about combat experiened pilots. As I said, at the end of the day, the US would control the skies.









Bro those pilots are retired and most of them teach the new/younger pilots, Our pilots have as long as they want to train, our F-14's also engaged with russian mig-29's we bought for air excersises and our upgraded F-14's still prooved being deadly by beating mig-29 in all capabilities. training is also acceptable for all weather conditions which means our F-14's F-4's and S-80 all flyed through conditions such as in nothern Tehran which its very cold and always snowing, also theres for sure defintley 40 F-14 tomcats we posses. The latest F-14A picture i can give you is this.







posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
NR,

I was just proving my point that Iran does not have combat experienced combat pilots. It's admirable to be proud of your country's military. Even if your pilots were of equal skill, they still would be vastly outnumbered.

In those two photos you showed of F-14's those represent in your own words, about 17.5% of Iran's available Tomcats. Compare that to just 1 aircraft carrier of the US.


Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier




NIMITZ CLASS NUCLEAR POWERED AIRCRAFT CARRIERS, USA

AIRCRAFT

The 50 TACAIR air wing includes the following fixed wing aircraft: 20 F-14D "Bomcats" (Tomcats with a strike role), 36 F/A-18 Hornets, eight S-3A/B Vikings, four E-2C Hawkeyes, and four EA-6B Prowlers; and the following helicopters: four SH-60F and two HH-60H Seahawks. Both F-14D and S-3B Viking aircraft are being phased out by the USN, to be replaced by F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.


NR, please give me your rationale as to how Iran will fend off a coordinated around the clock air campaign by the U.S. with only 50-60 top of the line fighters?



posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
40 f14a's ? thats all?

no way could they stand up to the US navy let alone the ALLIED Air Force most of those sams, cruise missiles and aa look like revamped relics of the mid 70's to mid-90's in tech levels while the mid-90's stuff is few and far between most seems to be for the 80's while still good they are not the newest or best they might get the job done.

but thats not counting the US secret planes that they might use against Iran, maybe the US is waiting on the F22 to come into service maybe not publicly but internally as its in final testing now.

The US has been getting experience in fighting in the mountains of Afghanistan which MIGHT (bing might) help if they invade Iran but the US has to get to the mountain first and that could be ugly than agian several uavs floating gathering intel on position and troop movements helps a lot too.

Maybe we could see uav combat?


NR

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
guys its not just gonna be the F-14's fighting on their own!, theres also our F-4's along with Su-24MK, Su-25, bought 30 J-10's from China which will probably show up this september, bought over 50 Saegeh-80, 48 MiG-29 fulcrum, Shafagh will finish 2 years from now and will be an advanced fighter which probably be based on F-14/MiG-29.



posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   


Originally posted by NR
our F-14's also engaged with russian mig-29's we bought for air excersises and our upgraded F-14's still proved being deadly by beating mig-29 in all capabilities.


Cmon now even you admit that your F-14 grind up Mig 29's.

You aren't counting the F-4, Su-24 and Su-25 as modern top of the line fighters are you? Using your numbers Iran still only has 167 modern fighters, all of which are not as advanced as current U.S. airframes.

Again how will Iran be ably to withstand a coodinated Guided Munitions/ Day and Night Air Campaign?

The U.S. would own the sky in less then a month in my opinion. There would be loses but the end result would not be in doubt.


NR

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
pavil i think you need to calm down bro, sure we have bought 167 modern fighters but that was all from last year, this year theres probably going to be more fighters but you must know our leaders are deciding to stop getting them and start making our own, were new to this game just like U.S was then they made their first jetfighters, our first one was of course Saegeh-80 and as we progress i can assure you that they will get better, and yes we can fight at night time including all weather conditions, again we are not crappy ass IRAQ!, iraq is 0% sufficent we are 75% and all those equipments i posted were made by this whole year, come on you gotta tell me thats atleats impressive.



posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
No one is saying its not impressive or admirable, but what we are saying is that when it counts the US would have air superiority over Iran very quickly.



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Like Westpoint said, from a regional standpoint being self sufficent in arms is quite a feat. Iran has made progress in their arms production capabilty. To translate that into being able to take on or hold your own against a Superpower is another, potentially devastating.

I just think comparing the two countries military capabilities and resources it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to say that the advantages favor the U.S. Sorry if you are taking offense at that. I haven't tried to disrespect you or your country, but facts are facts. This has been a good thread, I have enjoyed verbally jousting with you. Like I've said before, I hope this situation between our countries gets solved peacefully.


NR

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
agreed, i admit U.S will have air-superiority and will win but lets hope theres no war, i also enjoyed this with you guys but for now i'll leave it blank till this month for next military parade, see you all till then.



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
NR, what fighters does iran have in development?
if you can post some pictures



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
heres a link.

has heaps of pictures
www.network54.com...


NR

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
heres a link.

has heaps of pictures
www.network54.com...



Thanks for the link ChinaWhite, Iran has only 1 home made fighter and another one being made by 2008, Saegeh-80 (done) Shafagh (2008)
.



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't think those fighters are going to be a reality unless Iran has suddenly infused technical know-how into their ranks..
Also, unless you have a strategy against the B-2s and the F-22s, evrything shown in all those pics doesn't stand for much..
The Only thing that can deter those weapons is a few nukes..
Iran's got those Kh-55 missiles capable of carrying nukes of 200kT yield, but I'd be surprised if Iran were able to develop a yield thats got a value higher than the fingers on my one of my hands..
Pakistan has said to have assisted the iranian nuclear program and they themselves do not have anything more than say 5-10kT..
W/o nukes Iran cannot hold off an american onslaught and the US knows that..
That's why they're gunning for international pressure to prevent Iran from doing that..



posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
No Tu-22Ms and MiG31s in Iran.. sure of that..

And a question on that Shahab-3.. Are you sure those pics are of the Sahab-3?
What is its range?
HAs it been tested yet?
Its not ICBM for sure..
You need cryogenics for that..



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join