It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irans Military Capability.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
could iran conflict which i am sure they have been planning since 1979 become the cold war2's battleground?

with what looks to be another cold war coming between the us vs china could Iran become a cold wat conflict were two large nations wont attack each other but use a third nation to duke it out?

i hope the US doesnt invade but its not hard to fake an attack if someone really wanted to, the iran navy = instant coral reef

NR

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thx all for your comments, even if they are bad or good i would like to put more pics if its ok with you guys?, also lets not go back to 1979 where we didnt have anyhting and had to keep buying from China, I hope Iran-U.S relationship gets better and even our president is trying to do that by going to N.Y today and havin a meeting, hope it goes well.

More artilery tanks.

Iranian made look-alike Cheiftan

[edit on 6-9-2005 by NR]

NR

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Irans UAV's.

NR

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Irans new Artilery Rockets.

NR

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Iranian made torpedoes.

NR

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
More will be posted later on.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by NR]

NR

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
More of Iranian Helos.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Here is a pretty good overview of the Iran/Iraq conflict.
www.iranchamber.com...

The War of Attrition, 1984 - 1987

By 1984 it was reported that some 300,000 Iranian soldiers and 250,000 Iraqi troops had been killed, or wounded. Most foreign military analysts felt that neither Iraq nor Iran used its modern equipment efficiently. Frequently, sophisticated materiel was left unused, when a massive modern assault could have won the battle for either side. Tanks and armored vehicles were dug in and used as artillery pieces, instead of being maneuvered to lead or to support an assault. William O. Staudenmaeir, a seasoned military analyst, reported that "the land-computing sights on the Iraqi tanks [were] seldom used. This lower[ed] the accuracy of the T-62 tanks to World War II standards." This was the result of poorly educated and trained commissioned officers and field commanders. In addition, both sides frequently abandoned heavy equipment in the battle zone because they lacked the skilled technical personnel needed to carry out minor repairs.

Analysts also assert that the two states' armies showed little coordination and that some units in the field have been left to fight largely on their own. In this protracted war of attrition, soldiers and officers alike failed to display initiative or professional expertise in combat. Difficult decisions, which should have had immediate attention, were referred by section commanders to the capitals for action. Except for the predictable bursts on important anniversaries, by the mid-1980s the war was stalemated

Both sides did not use their forces to their fullest potential.

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I would like to see how the Iran-Iraq war was a "send your people running into enemy fire" type of war.

In July 1982 Iran launched Operation Ramadan on Iraqi territory, near Basra. Although Basra was within range of Iranian artillery, the clergy used "human-wave" attacks by the Pasdaran and Basij against the city's defenses, apparently waiting for a coup to topple Saddam Hussein. Tehran used Pasdaran forces and Basij volunteers in one of the biggest land battles since 1945. Ranging in age from only nine to more than fifty, these eager but relatively untrained soldiers swept over minefields and fortifications to clear safe paths for the tanks. All such assaults faced Iraqi artillery fire and received heavy casualties. The Iranians sustained an immmense number of casualties, but they enabled Iran to recover some territory before the Iraqis could repulse the bulk of the invading forces.

I've never meant to imply that all the attacks in the Iran/Iraq war were all human wave attacks. Iran did used them numerous times sometimes with success, sometimes with no real result but always with massive loss of life. They tactics employed by both sides lacked imagination, except for Iraq's flooding of battlefields.

I too hope that things get resolved peacefully, this has been a good thread, hope it stays that way.

NR

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I've never meant to imply that all the attacks in the Iran/Iraq war were all human wave attacks. Iran did used them numerous times sometimes with success, sometimes with no real result but always with massive loss of life. They tactics employed by both sides lacked imagination, except for Iraq's flooding of battlefields.

I too hope that things get resolved peacefully, this has been a good thread, hope it stays that way.

Most of the time we would bomb the crapp out of them with napalm bombs usually on their artileray and of course we took care of their navy, as for ground attacks, human wave tactic attacks was only used several times but later stoped, Chieftans prooved very efective but if it wasnt with all those countrys backing sddam up and all those chemical weapons they got from U.S, we would of been deafeating them in no time.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by NR]

NR

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Anyways back on the topic,

Iranian made PGM's/Air-to-Air Missile.

NR

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
and yes our soldiers can fight at night time.

Video to proove it.

www.iribnews.ir...

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Well, your quotes are titled "war of attrition" and well thats exactly what I was trying to say.. Economies were not strong enough to sustain strike forces and keep ready supply lines active through out..
If that weren't the case Iraq would have made some serious progress in that war..

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
WHAT THE HECK IS THE LAST IMAGE OF IRANIAN TECH

THE FILENAME IS : daroonbininsideviewer4

it looks like some sort of camera on a stick , but compared to the sophisication of the NVDs , it looks like a student project

very strange

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Economies were not strong enough to sustain strike forces and keep ready supply lines active through out..

Thats what I have been trying to say. Even if you produce all of your own weapnons, those supply and production and command capabilities will be the first to be detroyed in a conflict with the US. It's no big secret.

NR

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Pavil so your saying not 1 U.S plane or theres going to be less planes damagaed in Iran than iraq since Iran makes their own good SAMS and have the biggest collection in middile east?.

new anti-tank named TUFFAN.

Iranian made Tomhawk.

another improved versian of hwak with longer range.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
what is the range of that iranian tomahawk..
Is it actually a cruise missile?

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   

You have voted NR for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

This has been an interesting thread NR.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
sorry but that doesnt look like a tomahawk but a veitnam war era sam

NR

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
thanks Ace for your vote and to answer all of your questions i would agree with Char2 its more likely a SAM, but Iran does and have the capability to make cruise missiles i think we learned it from all those 12 nuclear capable KH-55 we bought from Ukraine.

KH-55.

CM, 200 kT nuclear warhead, turbofan, 150 m CEP, Raduga Design Bureau, 600 deployed in 1991; launch range 50 - 250 km; launch altitude 200 - 12000 m; for Kh - 55 top speed Mach 0.5 - 0.75; dual - flow turbojet; terrain following; integrated satellite navigation; flight altitude 40 - 110 m; accuracy 18 - 26 m

new iraniane made AA gun.

new artilery.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
Pavil so your saying not 1 U.S plane or theres going to be less planes damagaed in Iran than iraq since Iran makes their own good SAMS and have the biggest collection in middile east?.

NR,
I remember Iraq saying the same thing about there Air Defences. Hopefully we will not find out.

The SAM/AA/Aircraft sites are always the first things to be taken out. Besides Cruise missle strikes as soon as a SAM site turns on it's radar, it just paints a big fat bulleyes on it. They will be taken out of the equation.

There will be losses if it comes down to war. The end result will still be similar. At the end of the day the U.S. would control the skies.

First Gulf War
Allied combat air sorties flown: More than 116,000
Coalition aircraft losses: 75 (63 U.S., 12 Allied)
Fixed wing: 37 combat, 15 noncombat (U.S. losses -- 28 combat, 12 noncombat; no U.S. losses in air-to-air engagements)
Helicopters: 5 combat, 18 noncombat (all U.S.)

Estimated Iraqi Losses: (Reported by U.S. Central Command, March 7, 1991)

36 fixed-wing aircraft in air-to-air engagements
6 helicopters in air-to-air engagements
68 fixed- and 13 rotary-wing aircraft destroyed on the ground
137 Iraqi aircraft flown to Iran
3,700 of 4,280 battle tanks
2,400 of 2,870 assorted other armored vehicles
2,600 of 3,110 assorted artillery pieces
19 naval ships sunk, 6 damaged
42 divisions made combat-ineffective

www.globalsecurity.org... t/2003/uscentaf_oif_report_30apr2003.pdf

Operation Iraqi Freedom

· Iraqi Air Force Personnel 20,000
· Iraqi Combat Aircraft ~325
· Surface to Air Missiles ~210
· Early Warning Radars ~150
ENEMY RESPONSES
· AAA events 1224 (reported via MISREP)
· SAM/Rockets launches 1660 (reported via MISREP)
· SAM Emitters active 436 (reported via MISREP)
· SSM launches 19
MANNED COALITION AIRCRAFT LOSSES
· Due to Enemy Fire 7
o 4 – AH-64D (Longbow Apache)
o 2 – AH-1W (Cobra)
o 1 – A-10A (Warthog)
· Other 13

www.csis.org...

Irans's holdings seem to include 30 Improved Hawk fire units (12
battalions/150+ launchers), 45-55 SA-2 and HQ-2J/23 (CSA-1) launchers (Chinese-made
equivalents of the SA-2), and possibly 25 SA-6 launchers. The air force also had three
Soviet-made long-range SA-5 units with a total of 10-15 launchers -- enough for six sites.
Iran has developed and deployed its own domestically manufactured SAM dubbed the
Shahab Thaqeb. The SAM requires a four-wheeled trailer for deployment and closely
resembles the R440 SAM.xl

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join