It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking the Secret Societies to court???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I wonder, is this the first modern documentation of a secret society in action? Or just another frivolous lawsuit?

Court hears 'secret society' claims

A Skye Bridge protester is asking judges to reopen a case presided over by members of a "secret society".

Robbie the Pict believes there is an extensive legal membership of the Speculative Society (Spec), an elite debating club founded in 1764.

His legal challenge relates to his conviction at Dingwall Sheriff Court in November 1998 for failing to pay the Skye Bridge toll.

He wants his appeal, which questioned the legality of the Crown paperwork authorising the tolls, to be reheard before judges with no connections to the society.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm sure the things that are most considered frivolous and a waste of the court's time are also the things that warrant the most serious examination sometimes.

Little doubt that Courts have been influenced for the past few hundred years by several so-called secret societies, be they Skull & Bones or other.

Also, look at the bizarre, archaic State laws in the US that get mentioned occasionally in jest. There they are, black and white and as good as the day they were legislated, but never used.

As a side (related) issue, dragonrider, help a brother understand - where did your last 3000 ATS points recently come from??????????

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
3000???

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yep - a coupla days ago you had under 26,000 - now you're mega-wealthy with 29,000!

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well, have to save up to get the big secrets from Simon, lol!

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Some secret society!

Simon says, someone scores substantially.

Sometimes scoring seems somewhat spasmodic, so soon some simple smash-and-grab starts!

(Just practising for my Muth-ked character with a lithp on the Collaborative Fiction thread).

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Oh my... I now see that SHOWER CURTAINS will be REQUIRD equipment on the quest!

P...
m...

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Has anyone ever tried to sue the Masons; and did it actually go to court?

ONE

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Any legal entity can be taken to court, be it a person, a company, or any level of an incorporated society.

It happens all the time, expecially in the most litigious places.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Has anyone ever tried to sue the Masons; and did it actually go to court?

ONE

Why would they sue Masons? If a man commit a crime, be it a Mason, a Rosicrucian or a Knight of Columbus, you can take the guy to court. (unless you 'wake up' with cement boots and water all around you)

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Is doing it pro se,a pro se litigant is not bound by the same rules of conduct as a lawyer,because he is not a servant of the court.
It is the only way to get anything done,I pray that I am up to the task since this seems to be what I want to do with my life...!?!??!?!?!>>!>!
Gonna be a rough life possibly...

top topics

join