It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else see this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This might be insignificant, but I wanted to share it. I live in Missouri, and on the 27th about 8:45 PM I was outside with some friends and we saw something. Running East to West in the sky was a large beam of light. It wasn't an airport beacon, or a spot light because the beam was stationary and high in the atmosphere running parallel to the ground. It was so smooth and straight to be a cloud or jet contrails. It was almost as if an object were mid atmousphere shining a large light across the sky. We thought it might be a helicopter but the beam was always stationary, and way to high in the atmosphere. Also there was no sound. It was a soft kind of neon white glow. It was there for about 20 min. then it just faded out. Did anyone else see this, or did anyone farther east or west see the source?

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Did it look like a lightsaber very far away,
or was it more like a moonbeam thru clouds at night...
just trying to visualize it more...

If it looked like an atmosperic light saber (really small) then it could be the electrical wire experiments on the shuttle/ISS

if it was a moonbeam looking thing... who knows... (i wont propose the obvious)

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The lightsaber is a very good description of it. It was kind of faint. Almost as if someone was releasing a large stream of charged particles in the atmosphere. I've never heard of the Shuttle/ISS electrical wire experiments. I'll have to look into that.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
yep, I didn't know they were still trying to do those...

FYI, they were never intended to be a electrical production method, but were a side effect from an experiment using a thin wire extended from the ISS...

once the wire was extended, it started conducting electricity from the earths magnetic field, and got so hot it snapped. after it delivered a spectacular light saber display (only looked about an inch long from the ground, but miles long from orbit)

Look for the search terms: tether ISS wire extension generated electricity (on nasa.gov)

new topics

top topics

join