It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian presidential candidate: 'World must convert to Islam'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what he claims to be, he's another human with another point of view to me, what he's saying is silly, that will never happen. Is his saying something like that meant to impress us? Make us leave our current faiths and beliefs? He's not very intelligent, just rich and powerfull and full of him self!

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Comparing a Christian democracy to Islam Shariah is a good comparison. This should be an example in cultural relativism for all. Sure, we may not like it, but many politicians, including Bush call for the exact same thing, just in our terms. Clearly Bush advocates a Christian democracy as the Egyptian president advocates Muslim Shariah law.

Is anyone surprised?

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

WP: aren't the recent elements of creationism being taught in school's the religous pushing something on you? Or do you mean you personally? They are allowed to bully other American's, as long as it isn't "you"?

I was tought evolution in class not intelligent design. As long as you get to choose which one you want to learn and as long as they teach both subjects equally I’m ok with it.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Intellegent design isnt a real subject.... should only be taught in RE lessons while studying the similarities between extreme chrisitians and extreme muslims.

But ignoring that, this guy is just trying for votes, i doubt he believes it, but i brt it would appeal to ill educated people, which to be fair would make up a large amount of the Egyptian population. It makes Egypt sounds like a world power as well, which cant hurt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join