It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Third World War

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
But from a conservaive side and a extreme side the medium of that is more etreme than conservative.

But if I read Xinhau, the Peoples Daily and the Epoch Times I see extremes from both sides. Then when I see something that is only reported in the Epoch Times, I start looking for outside confirmation. When I find it, it makes me wonder about the credibility of the other two publications.

I've seen The People's Daily attribute comments to The Epoch Times when they came from Boxun.com and Zaobao.

I think it was google_abcd. im 99% sure it was him.

Actually, it wasn't. A FLG member (I'm sure you know who I mean) and someone else flooded it with spam. google_abcd made some good contributions, in my opinion.

The have a code of coduct thing about losing face.

I'm familiar with it. That's why when I talk about democracy and Human Rights in China I try to concentrate on the positive things it can do for the country. The respect and increased opportunities it can bring and how it would effectively shut most of the West up. It gets you a lot further than just railing on about the CCP.

And statistics for china are sketchy at best.

chinawhite, master of the understatement.

Thanks for the link. The decrease in 30 million tons of grain production between 57 and 62 is the time period I am referring to. The numbers of dead came from analysis of birth and death records from the period of time when they were released in the 70's. As you pointed out, these can't be considered 100% reliable.

Here's a few links discussing the Great Leap Famine:

www.chinastudygroup.org... - I like this one. Every time I go there, they greet me with 'Welcome, anonymous comrade'. They place the blame on local officials.
www.findarticles.com... - archived copy of a report from the British Medical Journal
chronicle.uchicago.edu... - article based on discussions with Dali Yang, whose parents were peasant farmers during the revolution, and a book he wrote.

Criticizing the commune policy is said to be among of the reasons Marshall Peng Dehuai got the boot. This poem is attributed to him:

The millet is scattered over the ground.
The leaves of the sweet potato are withered.
The young and old have gone to smelt iron.
To harvest the grain there are children and old women.
How shall we get through the next year?

Due to the Losing Face thing, if this happened, the CCP would never admit to it.

A 38hour work week is not something prisoners deserve.

Work the murderers and rapists within an inch of their life. Fine by me. It's religious prisoners and journalists that I worry about.

But the manufractures cant keep in buiness without its prison workers.

The manufacturers who do not use prison labour can't compete with the camps. This leads to the unemployment of law-abiding Chinese citizens, the ones who deserve the jobs. They have families to support.

You should try. Ask for their opinion.

If you say they won't ignore me, I will try. The next time I see a Chinese person reading the Epoch Times, I will ask them about it.

I did think about approaching the Hu supporters when he was visiting, but I decided against it. I didn't know how to start the conversation without offending anyone.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
But if I read Xinhau, the Peoples Daily and the Epoch Times I see extremes from both sides. Then when I see something that is only reported in the Epoch Times, I start looking for outside confirmation. When I find it, it makes me wonder about the credibility of the other two publications.
I've seen The People's Daily attribute comments to The Epoch Times when they came from Boxun.com and Zaobao.

THe peoples dadily or xinhau never exagerate their stories. this is a true fact.

They just dont include a lot of information. there is not a large bias in any sotry.

Thanks for the link. The decrease in 30 million tons of grain production between 57 and 62 is the time period I am referring to. The numbers of dead came from analysis of birth and death records from the period of time when they were released in the 70's. As you pointed out, these can't be considered 100% reliable.

Here's a few links discussing the Great Leap Famine:

www.chinastudygroup.org... - I like this one. Every time I go there, they greet me with 'Welcome, anonymous comrade'. They place the blame on local officials.
www.findarticles.com... - archived copy of a report from the British Medical Journal
chronicle.uchicago.edu... - article based on discussions with Dali Yang, whose parents were peasant farmers during the revolution, and a book he wrote.

here is what i found at the first site.

If the Chinese people, particularly farmers and workers who made up 95 percent
of the Chinese population, suffered under the Maoist government, they should be
the first to know. Why do people need to be educated about their own life
experiences? If Chinese farmers and workers had suffered under the Maoist
regime the way the current Chinese Government and Chinese and foreign scholars
asserted, why has Mao become more and more popular among the Chinese farmers
and workers?

Putting it that way makes it seem very logical that the farmers didn't suffer that much.

Criticizing the commune policy is said to be among of the reasons Marshall Peng Dehuai got the boot. This poem is attributed to him:

Everyone i know criticizes the commune policy. it doesn't work. Mao was to blind to figure that out before the damage was done

The millet is scattered over the ground.
The leaves of the sweet potato are withered.
The young and old have gone to smelt iron.
To harvest the grain there are children and old women.
How shall we get through the next year?

I love that poem. But its not that accurate.

Work the murderers and rapists within an inch of their life. Fine by me. It's religious prisoners and journalists that I worry about.

China has defined rules. If you cross that line you get what you asked for.

I dont agree on the CCP imposing a ban to free speech. But i know that 1.3billion chinese have a lot of different throughts.

If these people want that or those people want this china will turn out like yugoslavia

The manufacturers who do not use prison labour can't compete with the camps. This leads to the unemployment of law-abiding Chinese citizens, the ones who deserve the jobs. They have families to support.

Umeployment is a big problem but there is only so much the chiense government can do.

The employed wouldn't want to make 0.6cnts a hour. That is low even by chinese standards.

If you say they won't ignore me, I will try. The next time I see a Chinese person reading the Epoch Times, I will ask them about it.

I did think about approaching the Hu supporters when he was visiting, but I decided against it. I didn't know how to start the conversation without offending anyone.

Well some might but some might be interested in the subject.

I dont know what everyone will say because everyone is different.

If someone asked me about human rights in china i will tell him to grab a coffee and sit down

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Maybe I don't get it... I think you are mixing facts.

#1. China is buying our National Debt... thats what is keeping interest rates low right now.

This has nothing to do with the Trade Differential bewtween the 2 nations

With so much US Dollars in Reserve, what can China Do?

Can they devalue the USD???

Can they leverage their Currency against ours?

Can they spend it all... and hyper-inflate our currency???

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Thank you Duzey. But I seldom post my articles here. Looks like you read articles in every board

I like to list evidences or paste some photos because it is the most effective and direct way to "win" an argument. Sometimes I would like watching pictures rather than reading articles...

Originally posted by Duzey

Originally posted by chinawhite

I think it was google_abcd. im 99% sure it was him.

Actually, it wasn't. A FLG member (I'm sure you know who I mean) and someone else flooded it with spam. google_abcd made some good contributions, in my opinion.

[edit on 20-10-2005 by google_abcd]

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
China and Russia will both invade Israel.

"it's allies which include: Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ethiopia, Sudan, Libya, Austria, Germany, parts of Eastern Europe, Southeastern Europe, Turkey and various other nations."
(www.prophecyupdate.com...)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Its curious how this thread has many replies but no flags...are flags on China threads discouraged?
I will flag this thread and see if it stays up.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Maybe because it's from 2005, and I don't think we had flagging back then.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join