It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an indigo Child I need answers help.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Can you not see we are on a path of self-destruction.

Name one time period where you couldn't say that....

People were saying that 1000 years ago, 2000 years ago, 3000 years ago, etc. If we wanted to destroy ourselves, we would have done that a long time ago.

And why wait for other people to change society? YOU do it!

I'm not trying to bust your balls, but I try to co-create every day. Do the best I can with what I got. If everyone did that, there'd be no more wars...

However, since the people in control (ie elitists) do not care about their fellow man, it is in actuality, up to the youth of society to lead us out of this chaotic world. What else do we know besides war, famine, and disease? Love. Love is the answer my friends, to the ultimate question of why are we here? To love one another, not kill, not be a hypochristian like this current Administration and Pat Roberts (not to be pointing fingers). Open your eyes, the world is at your fingertips.

In regards for the destruction comment...

It has not happened because the powers that be would not let humanity die in vain. I am not so sure we are "protected" though anymore due to our handling of our environment I'm sure there are plenty of pissed off sentient beings

To get to my point: There is only one piece of evidence that will be necessary in proving my points. A quote from the LA Times:
www.latimes.com...

"The Bush administration Wednesday unveiled a blueprint for rebuilding the nation's decrepit nuclear weapons complex, including restoration of a large-scale bomb manufacturing capacity...

Until now, the nation has depended on carefully maintaining aging bombs produced during the Cold War arms race, some several decades old. The administration, however, wants the capability to turn out 125 new nuclear bombs per year by 2022, as the Pentagon retires older bombs that it says will no longer be reliable or safe."

I don't think the Pentagon is "retiring" bombs, but "using" them.

[edit on 19-4-2006 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
I suppose the reason for all of this indigo-child hoopla is a sort of general longing for spirituality amongst the average people of America. Standard religions aren't cutting it like they used to, and a lot of people are looking for a new outlook on metaphysics. One that reinforces every parent's terrible delusion that their child is somehow 'special' is (evidently) particularly marketable, even if only the suburban equivalent of the lunatic fringe will buy it.

A word of advice to those who would look for genuine spiritual guidance-- you probably won't find it in a book, and definitely not in a book you pay for.

I agree 100% there man!
I do tend to believe that ADD/ADHD is more common now than it was before, or that simply more people are diagnosed with it.
I for one am ADD, the 'space cadet' version of ADD, and yes I do think I am unique and I certainly think outside the box. I look at my world and I feel like I don't fit in and I often get depressed feeling like I don't belong here at all sometimes.
I value life very much, I don't hurt animals, I feel guilty if I uproot a plant, and would certainly not like throwing an old potted plant in the trash.

But, do I think I am an Indigo child?
No!
When these new agers start talking crud like 'light beings', dimensional light beings, 'crystal aura's or crystal beings or whatever turned to crystal?! All that mumbo jumbo adjective stuff to give people an otherworldly view of stuff, Oh, my child is not just regular, my child is crystalline!
A crystal is a nicely formed mineral, your kid is a rock head, rock on dude, yeah metal!
Oh yeah, I like heavy metal too!

Hmmm, perhaps I could make a few bucks by inventing a religion, or a new age crystaline outlook, start a website, sell adspace for new age books, perhaps even make up some crystal crap and sell my own books.
Wishy washy sells! Just tell people they are special and they thirst for more.

For the most part though, Indigo children sound like spoilt ADD/ADHD kids, spoilt because their parents think they are more precious than that 'stupid kid , Tommy next door'. And should be doted upon and spoilt rotten to the point where the child feels above humanity.
There!

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I thought I was an indigo child, but I grew up. It was only wode antway

It is just another new age vague label. If you want the labelto fit it will.

We are all individuals anyway why would anyone want to believe they are special or belong to a group whether in servitude or as master

You are just another label, indigo children. Any label is conformity, its just to a different set of rules. Just accept you are just another ordinary human being with the same gifts good and bad as any, how they manifest is important.

Just another dillusional state of mind my dears. Stop believing your special and make the most of what is left of your insignificant human lifespan.

Love and Peace

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just realize that we are all children of God (save the reptilians) and (s)he wants us to see him/her again. Encoded in our DNA certainly are messages, if you listen. However, the indigo phenomenon, whether true or false, seems to bring hope to some. Why not let them enjoy the label while the rest of us figure out if this is the truth? Being different has always been a blessing to me; the ability to think for myself. Think for yourself and see what happens everyone. Its time for a change.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
u guys might not believe this and im a little shocked my self but im only half way indigo i dont no how but i hav another personality i think it means my mom or dad are full indigo any 1 else confused

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This thread is now several months old but I have a small addition to the train of thought.

One of the first mistakes posters make is to believe that the “disorders” of the DSM actually exist. For instance ADD is a name of observed then grouped behaviors. Note that the behaviors … DO EXIST… but not the label. ADD is a convenient handle to discuss the problem and as plainly admitted in the DSM --- NO ONE KNOWS THE CAUSE.

In a like manner ‘Indigo Children’ is a label for observed then grouped behavior. But in the case of Indigo’s the labelers are New Age Gurus. In this case they label something they don’t understand. But again the behaviors of these children DO EXIST.

So where do these same type beliefs and behaviors also exist? The psychotic-like beliefs of long term users of Qi Gong and Kundalini Yoga, plus the behaviors of Schizophrenia.

Users of Qi Gong believe that if they stand in-groups and wave their hands and arms around performing slow motion martial arts katas they gain the power to control mystical forces that created the Universe. They attempt to maintain a Zen mental state concentrating on their movements.

In Kundalini Yoga the poses are performed continuously rather than being held. A meditating mental state is maintained. Eventually they will believe they can levitate, dematerialize, become invisible, or walk through solid objects. When they begin to ‘hear voices’ they believe they have the power to read minds and control other’s actions through the will of their minds.

In both cases experts agree that the mental events of these exercises happen when too-many sessions are performed in a compact time frame. But these experts claim that miss-handling those powerful 'life forces' causes the mental breaks.

The connection between these things is an accidental discovery of a ‘conflict in the physiology of sight’ involving the Human Vision Startle Reflex. Children sitting in classrooms, Qi Gong, and Kundalini Yoga all create the same special circumstances that allowed that 1960’s discovery. Back then it caused mental breaks for workers using newly designed modern workstations. The cubicle solved that problem and Cubicle Level Protection does so today.

The conflict of our physiology is that although you can ignore movement in your peripheral vision that would cause a startle, you can’t turn the system off. The constant subliminal detection of threat movement eventually colors thought and reason creating fear and paranoia. Each person has his or her own threshold of exposure to cause a mental break. Constant subliminal distraction causes ADD and that same exposure alters the thought process of Indigo Children.

The differences in outcomes are in the level of exposure from visual Subliminal Distraction. When children sit in classrooms they use a concentrating mental state to perform math, read, write, or do other schoolwork. But they all do the same things at the same time. There is little detectable movement in their peripheral vision. But exposure does happen.

When puberty brings a growth spurt, movement of you next-row neighbor becomes easier to detect. That’s why schizophrenia onsets in adolescence.

The difference in Schizophrenia and Indigo Children is probably their inherited increased abilities to detect movement in peripheral vision plus inherited personality qualities such as a propensity to daydream.

If you have trouble understanding these concepts visit my site and perform the psychology demonstration. There is about ten megabytes of text you can peruse.

Why should you bother to read that much text? Anyone can be a victim. Only the fully blind are immune.

VisionAndPsychosis.Net...

visionandpsychosis.net...
The same exposure has caused mental breaks on space missions and polar expeditions. Even NASA is unaware of this office design problem.
visionandpsychosis.net...

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think ill step in here now.... Hey indigo_5... YOUR A DUMBASS.

You guys can thank me later for clearing that one up.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I personally don't believe the hype about these 'indigo' children. People of a certain generation are conditioned to certain things. In my opinion, people who've firsthand noticed something different about a child's attitude or intelligence is only a reflection on the person who they themselves are based on that observation. I don't know if that made sense... but hopefully you see the point i'm making.

I'm another person who'd look like they'd fit the description as a kid. But, nope. You, Me, the President, the Pope, the homeless man or the train conductor - we're all the same people, just different. If, uh, that made any sense.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I meet all or most of the requirements of that of an indigo child.

There are no requirements for indigo children, its just something new agey types have made up to make themselves feel special.

but i'm not sure what it means to be one.

If you beleive that you are an indigo child it means you have an inferiority complex.

Is this going against my religion, should I tell my parents?

Its got nothing to do with religion, and sure, you can tell your parents that you think you are an indigo child.

No requirements yet symptoms.

Inferiority complex? I believe you do sir. Either that or your jealous. I would like to see you go through what we indigos have gone through in our lives and then tell us thats its nothing! Yeah I'm anti-social but it doesn't mean that I hate you. Yeah, I feel that I came here for some great purpose, hell it was a prediction told to my mother before I was born. The feeling is a passion that I feel I must follow. Being an indigo can be a great honor, but it can be a real pain in the butt too! People insulting you because they cannot understand. Then we have to put up with the ADD/ADHD to. Tell me something do you know what it feels like to be woken up in the middle of the night and feel some kind of energy rushing through your body? Do you know how horrifing the experience is and then have doctors tell you that there is no explanation? No medication to make you feel better? I don't think you do.

I've gone through the indigo/crystal transition and I will tell you that it was NOT fun! I went through it back in high school, waking up in panic attacks and feeling a surge of energy repeatedly rushing through my body. Doctors could explain the panic attacks but not the repitious surge. I thought I was dieing, literally! I was diagnosed with severe depression back then. I would sleep almost up to 15 hours a day and yet no doctor had any explanations as to what was wrong with me. I had to live like that for over 4 years of my life. It was terrorfing.

I know why I am here, but do you?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical_Psycho
On that first site I fit all of them except the first one.
I only think of my self as "royalty" when I'm joking around with my girlfriend.
On this site:
www.metagifted.org...
I fit 16 of them.

I also met 23 of the "requirements" of an adult indigo:
www.metagifted.org...

Anyway, what's the connection between Indigo Children and 2012?
Supposedly the world will change drastically during 2012.

[edit on 8/29/2005 by Logical_Psycho]

No the world is already being enhanced and additions are being made. There has been an enormous percentage of people seeking psychics for advice, not churches. The internet is not always the best source of information, books are.

You people need to read some books on Indigo not a check list of 23 possibilities that you might be one.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
seriously now can there be a half indigo cuz

sometimes im an indigo and others i am like a fun normal human its like i have a split personality indigo human

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
sorry didnt realize i already responded to this thread

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I had no idea what an indigo child was so I did a quick search:

* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
* They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
* Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
* They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
* They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
* They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
* They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
* They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
* They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
* They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

source: skepdic.com...

Seems to describe half the children I know, Am I missing something?

Sounds like it describes those who ascribe to Satan's lie, that we are God!

Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyre, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Thou, who sealest up the measure of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty,

13thou wast in Eden, the garden of God. Every precious stone was thy covering: the sardius, the topaz, and the diamond, the chrysolite, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the carbuncle, and the emerald, and gold. The workmanship of thy tambours and of thy pipes was in thee: in the day that thou wast created were they prepared.

14Thou wast the anointed covering cherub, and I had set thee [so]: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou didst walk up and down in the midst of stones of fire.

15Thou wast perfect in thy ways, from the day that thou wast created, till unrighteousness was found in thee.

16By the abundance of thy traffic they filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned; therefore have I cast thee as profane from the mountain of God, and have destroyed thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

17Thy heart was lifted up because of thy beauty; thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I have cast thee to the ground, I have laid thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18By the multitude of thine iniquities, by the unrighteousness of thy traffic, thou hast profaned thy sanctuaries: and I have brought forth a fire out of the midst of thee -- it hath consumed thee; and I have brought thee to ashes upon the earth, in the sight of all them that behold thee.

19All they that know thee among the peoples shall be amazed at thee: thou art become a terror, and thou shalt never be any more.

ade

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This goes out to conspiracy theorist06, i like you have a profound need to try to understand who or what i am. I have previously dwelled on this hardcore in the past, so much that it actually drove me insane. I could tell you my life story but that's not why i am writing this. Take this, from someone who was completely lost and alone for a long period of time. Don't fret on being indigo or not just be content in every moment of your life and eventually you will shift yourself to where you want to be. That is what it's all about, being indigo or any other titles that one could possess mean nothing compared to who you are, look at it any other way and you'll only hurt yourself.

i am my own worst enemy

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
surely fear is the greatest enemy, to quote star-trek. but i get the idea.

I believe that this 'indigo child' label that has come into being is merely an attempt to try and describe a higher state of life that all humans, black or white, intelligent or dim-witted, regardless or power or social standing can gain access to; IF THEY MERELY HAVE THE DRIVE TO BECOME AS SUCH.

I beleive i have a few of the indigo characteristics that were described and the thing that causes me the most pain is that i can now go through life watching others destroy each other's minds simply because that is who they are.

i believe i may have hit a stand-off with the fact that i will have to feel humanity's suffering in order to become 'higher' than the human species as is exists now.

You could say i want to get off the ride, but even as i type this i know that i cannot; it's a one way trip to ultimate awareness...

anyway i'm off to buy a book.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I began reading this thread and laughed like hell.

I really don't believe there are "Indigo Children", and its one of the dumbest conspiracies I have heard. And all of the posts by Mayet really made me laugh (talk about crazy.)

When there is proof that "Indigo Children" are real, then I'll believe it. Somebody said earlier that "the closed minded won't believe because they will see the proof as fraud". Riiight.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiergraf
I began reading this thread and laughed like hell.

I really don't believe there are "Indigo Children", and its one of the dumbest conspiracies I have heard. And all of the posts by Mayet really made me laugh (talk about crazy.)

When there is proof that "Indigo Children" are real, then I'll believe it. Somebody said earlier that "the closed minded won't believe because they will see the proof as fraud". Riiight.

Yeah..."and the open mind will believe because they see the fraud as proof.."

Indigo Children, Black Eyed kids this forum is terrific entertainment.
Come to think of it the enough material here to write volumes on delusional mental illness.

I was an Indigo Child once...but I was cured....I stopped wearing Denim.

Its crazy we live in society where the mentally ill are called special and paralympics are called special also. All the paranormal types think they are special also...oh I see the connection

By the way I think I am a monkfish called Colin am I special too?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
no one of you are an indigo child. most of the people who claim they're indigo child suffer from Narcissistic personlity disorder en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god

Its crazy we live in society where the mentally ill are called special and paralympics are called special also. All the paranormal types think they are special also...oh I see the connection

By the way I think I am a monkfish called Colin am I special too?

Your more special than anyone else here.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i do think all this is quite rude to truly indigo children, being one myself i disbelieve these people that say its all wrong and make believe or have some metal problem.
My grandma was and indigo child and lived till she was 102 yrs she had many illnesses and healed herself protecting her soul from evils.
My mum is also indigo and is practicing spiritual healing which she has saved my life twice with, once with early stage appendicitis and a second time with adhesions which nearly killed me.
i was born indigo having most of the characteristics discribed although it doesnt always discribe indigo children.
i practice tarot card readings, healing and have a degree of telepathy which i am developing at the moment.

CharlotteText Purple

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join