It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Originally posted by biggie smalls
Can you not see we are on a path of self-destruction.
Name one time period where you couldn't say that....
People were saying that 1000 years ago, 2000 years ago, 3000 years ago, etc. If we wanted to destroy ourselves, we would have done that a long time ago.
And why wait for other people to change society? YOU do it!
Originally posted by The Parallelogram
I suppose the reason for all of this indigo-child hoopla is a sort of general longing for spirituality amongst the average people of America. Standard religions aren't cutting it like they used to, and a lot of people are looking for a new outlook on metaphysics. One that reinforces every parent's terrible delusion that their child is somehow 'special' is (evidently) particularly marketable, even if only the suburban equivalent of the lunatic fringe will buy it.
A word of advice to those who would look for genuine spiritual guidance-- you probably won't find it in a book, and definitely not in a book you pay for.
Originally posted by Nygdan
I meet all or most of the requirements of that of an indigo child.
There are no requirements for indigo children, its just something new agey types have made up to make themselves feel special.
but i'm not sure what it means to be one.
If you beleive that you are an indigo child it means you have an inferiority complex.
Is this going against my religion, should I tell my parents?
Its got nothing to do with religion, and sure, you can tell your parents that you think you are an indigo child.
Originally posted by Logical_Psycho
On that first site I fit all of them except the first one.
I only think of my self as "royalty" when I'm joking around with my girlfriend.
On this site:
I fit 16 of them.
I also met 23 of the "requirements" of an adult indigo:
Anyway, what's the connection between Indigo Children and 2012?
Supposedly the world will change drastically during 2012.
[edit on 8/29/2005 by Logical_Psycho]
Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I had no idea what an indigo child was so I did a quick search:
* They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)
* They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
* Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
* They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
* They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
* They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
* They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
* They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
* They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
* They are not shy in letting you know what they need.
Seems to describe half the children I know, Am I missing something?
Originally posted by wiergraf
I began reading this thread and laughed like hell.
I really don't believe there are "Indigo Children", and its one of the dumbest conspiracies I have heard. And all of the posts by Mayet really made me laugh (talk about crazy.)
When there is proof that "Indigo Children" are real, then I'll believe it. Somebody said earlier that "the closed minded won't believe because they will see the proof as fraud". Riiight.
Originally posted by Allah the moon god
Its crazy we live in society where the mentally ill are called special and paralympics are called special also. All the paranormal types think they are special also...oh I see the connection
By the way I think I am a monkfish called Colin am I special too?