It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I an indigo Child I need answers help.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexicon
Yes, in my eyes, and in the eyes of the entire scientific community. There is zero evidence for Indigo Children. We’re not talking about my idea of how the world should be, but how the world is.
BTW, I’m not a mason.

How the world is? Are you professing to know how the world is? Please enlighten me to just "How is the world" and while your on the point, how and why do these Indigo Children not fit into this world that is, "How it is".

Why is it not possible for these children to exist? They say they do, they do not profess to walk through walls but as not enough research has taken place and testing done, really we do not know "how it is".

and come on, you should know the rules by now
cough up with the links that state "in the eyes of the whole scientific community" please, I would like facts, reports, charts, test results and witnessed documents signed by "the whole of the scientific community".

You say you are intelligent,
, aren't we all, you say you are a skeptic, that's healthy I too have a great bullsheetometer working and i wouldn't exactly call my own intelligence quotient below par but it's not a matter of "I am smarter than you" and "I don't believe so therefore it does not exist".

I have never seen a ghost but I do not say they do not exist, I reserve my judgment until such a time I am more armed with evidence and facts. I have seen strange lights in the sky but once again the jury's still out as to whether they were terrestrial or extraterrestrial and then again I have experienced situations and been a witness to situations that defy explanation, they do exist. I have seen events occur, that if I was to believe what I have been taught since childhood, just do not happen. They did. So basically what i am saying is that you don't know for really treally certain and are not qualified to make the judgement that the Indigo Children are a load of codswallop. You do not know enough about the human brain and the creation of life inside human beings to make that assumption.

You were not asked actually to believe, the thread was questions from a concerned individual to other like minded individuals on how he should approach matters that meant something important to him and his life. You jumped in and went hardy hardy har it's all poopyposh. That's intelligent..yup it really treally is..........not....... so I will retract my comments regarding your youthfulness and changed my assessment to "childish"

[edit on 30-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
OK, who cares about definitions and labels.

All I know is, around May this year, lets call it May 15, I started really thinking about 2012. And well, it was 7 years 7 months away (and 7 days if we take the 15th as my best estimation).

And so, what happened, that had 7, 7 frequency?

Hmm? Anyone? 7/7 yeah? Which was further re-inforced 7 and 7 days later, with the 'attempted' bombing.

Still, if you think the world is going to basically stay the same the next 10 years, you are basically going to fall by the wayside.

Or you will do as you are 'asked'.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Mayet, you conveniently passed over a comment on the scientific method. Do you not agree that with claims that go wildly against the accepted norm in the scientific community, the onus of proof lies with the group making such claims? The fact of the matter is, the Indigo Children hypothesis is one of hundreds or thousands of new-age predictions/beliefs, and there has yet to be produced any sort of corroborating evidence for it. The link at Skeptic Report gives a short description of some of the failed attempts at proving the abilities of Indigo Children.

You seem to pride yourself on having some kind of hyper-open mind with which you do not discount a theory until proof comes in discrediting it. I (and a number of people I know) have a theory that there is an invisible pink unicorn perched in the air, maybe about two inches above your left shoulder. I hope you keep an open mind as to the possibility that this is, in fact, the case.

If you or anyone you know can prove the paranormal (invisible pink unicorns or otherwise), there is a fortune (over US$1 million) waiting for you. See the JREF for more information. It's been out for the taking for years, but surely it will be claimed soon.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexicon
Mayet, you conveniently passed over a comment on the scientific method. Do you not agree that with claims that go wildly against the accepted norm in the scientific community, the onus of proof lies with the group making such claims?

*Sigh... I conveniently passed over nothing. Please reread my posts. Its you making assumptions about the scientific community. That link you gave me I am afraid has no scientific credibility.

I (and a number of people I know) have a theory that there is an invisible pink unicorn perched in the air, maybe about two inches above your left shoulder. I hope you keep an open mind as to the possibility that this is, in fact, the case.

It's purple, if you knew me as much as you assert in your postings you would know that it is definitely purple. My friends would like you to get your firend's eyes tested for color blindness.

If you or anyone you know can prove the paranormal (invisible pink unicorns or otherwise), there is a fortune (over US$1 million) waiting for you. See the JREF for more information. It's been out for the taking for years, but surely it will be claimed soon.

Now firstly if I wanted money I would be rich ......What makes you think that a fortune is 1 million dollars and what makes you presume I would be interested, then again, if a person did have higher knowledge and these abilities, would they want to jump up and down and say I can I can, I want a million dollars narny narny nar nar .... Would that be what guides them? What that be the goal they wish to attain for higher consciousness?

I already proved myself... I am here.....

and secondly you didn't answer any of my questions just fluffed more codswallop. You can attack me as much as you want, some say my shoulders are my best asset, so i guess I can take it. But you seem to firstly attack the author of the post and now you have turned your attention to me after I had pointed out some indescrepancies in your logic.

So here goes, I am a complete nutter fruitcake evil bad poor member of society. I am totally off my rocker. I bang my head a thousand times on the ground in beggance of forgiveness for my total lack of knowledge and stupidity.

There, now you can get back to answering the questions and points that were directed to you.

[edit on 30-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
OK I am going to begin with an admission, I have barely looked into this subject. This is quite different from most of the subjects I comment on in this Forum with which I have significant experience.

Upon first reading the description of what identifies an Indigo Child I was stuck by two thoughts. The first was 'well that was me' and the second was 'what a great way to get people like me to believe you know what you are talking about'.

It is the second one that concerns me. Especially considering the financial aspect that seems to be involved. Now maybe this is just me being too high-minded, but I dislike it when money is involved in this sort of thing. I help others because I can, and because I must. Something inside of me has to reach out to others because I see, and feel, so much pain in people everywhere.

I have always felt that if one develops their innate abilities, whatever they may be, then making their way in the world should follow fairly easily. One of the secrets to life has always been to find out what you are good at, and then to do it. Skill is always rewarded, and needed.

So I am troubled when someone claims to be something special, but then makes their living off of others in the fashion the originators of this Theory seem to be doing. I do not mind when people write books, I may do that myself one of these days, but the sort of direct financial gain that seems to be attached to the Indigo Child movement is disturbing.

Maybe I expect too much from people, I know this world can be a hard place for many. As I said I felt the way these Indigo Children feel, except I excelled at presenting a social and personable front. But I can easily see that if I had come across this Theory when I was young it would have been attractive.

So I guess what I am saying is be careful. If you feel you have abilities that you wish to develop there are people everywhere who will help you to do so without asking for money. If you are young, and troubled by these sorts of feelings just look around, people are there to help you if you will just give them the chance.

To the original poster my advice is thus: Tell your parents that you have found this Theory and you feel these things. Ask them to, with as much of an open mind as they are capable of, to investigate them with you.

If they are so religious that you know they cannot possibly do this, then ask someone else you trust. I realize that you have in a way done this here, but none of us can see you and that limits how much we can really do to help you.

If there is real truth to this then anyone should be able to see it with time and investigation. What you need is someone who does not have a need to believe but rather is willing to do so, if the facts warrent it.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Mayet,

Your arguments are beginning to look like someone defending their psychosis, and that is rather sad.

Step back and get out of the ego and look at it "all" objectively. Latching onto fiction as an ideal just because it strokes your psyche or self-importance smacks of egotism, which has little to do with the spirit.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Mayet,

Your arguments are beginning to look like someone defending their psychosis, and that is rather sad.

Step back and get out of the ego and look at it "all" objectively. Latching onto fiction as an ideal just because it strokes your psyche or self-importance smacks of egotism, which has little to do with the spirit.

Hang on just a second dear, I haven't even said I am an Indigo child, did you read this thread through from start to finish?

So just what Psychosis am I defending?

How do you know these children are fiction? I am keeping an open mind until more studies are done, I have quite specifically said that in my postings.

So you jump in with comments like that? I didnt start this thread and I certainly never professed to any super powers that I don't have.

I think it would be more egotistical to shut my mind to anything new than to keep an open mind and reserved judgment stance.

*Footnote, sorry Intrepid... PMS

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Mayet!

I have read the entire post! i even postet at the start of the thread AM I QUALIFIED TO ASK YOU A QUESTION?

Just kidding, i concur 100% with you. I have read it all and Lexicon is the one who needs to back out! You are defending your view, but you are not defending indigo children. just wanted to let you know, not that you already didnt.

I like your posts. keep up the good work!

Bilbo

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacquio999Im selfish and spoiled! Im smarter than everyone! I must be part of a special race of people sent to save the Earth!

HAHAHA!

Wow, that just made my day.

I guess I'm an indigo child... or I was, in the least. I used to be anti-social and anti-authority. Still am anti-social, but I think that's because I have to deal with idots all the time. I also "simply won't do certain things": I don't answer the phone. Guess that means I'm sent here to destroy evil and rescue humanity.

I think the Final Dawn is more likely to happen than this.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
At any rate, this is a social and not "hard" scientific issue. Unless you're claiming a chemical or biological difference, no study is going to prove anything.

You're free to identify with whatever kind of archetype you want to, but consider this: This structure takes people who lack a feeling of belonging and gives them something to belong to. If somebody is making money off of this, they are shamefully exploiting the vulnerability of introverts.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Mayet, I’m going to attempt to put everything into one post here. I’ll number my points or questions so that you may refer to the numbers as you respond (please respond to each numbered point).

Okay, from the beginning my intent was, yes, to argue against the existence of Indigo Children. This is because I have a traditional scientific view of the world that I admit does not include the possibility of special hidden strands of DNA and paranormal abilities—at least until some sort of evidence for such surfaces. There has been no evidence put forth in support of Indigo Children, so they are currently outside of my sphere of possibilities.

Now, when I began arguing with you it was because I was under the mistaken impression (as apparently a number of other users here were as well) that you were claiming belief in the Indigo Children hypothesis, and actually believed yourself to be an Indigo Child. I am sorry for this misunderstanding. However, I fully stand behind my argument that Indigo Children do not exist and that it is foolish to entertain the possibility that they do until some credible evidence supporting them is furnished.

First, as to your point that the link that I provided here has no scientific credibility, I beg to differ. True, it falls far short of the credibility of, say, an article published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal. However, it is currently all that has been provided by anyone to either prove or disprove claims of those espousing a belief in Indigo Children. It seems to be fairly well researched. It at least begins to debunk some of the claims made by the proponents of the Indigo Children hypothesis.

Although you commented on the colour of the Invisible Pink Unicorn (and it is, in fact, pink—see this for more information), you seem to have missed or glossed over the entire point behind it. My argument is that keeping an open mind is good, when there’s something to keep that mind open about. When what one keeps their mind open for lacks any substance whatsoever then an open mind becomes a foolish mind. If there is nothing supporting the Indigo Children hypothesis, then why would you keep your mind open to the possibility? It is exactly the same as keeping one’s mind open to the possibility of the Invisible Pink Unicorn. You don’t actually believe in the possibility of the Invisible Pink Unicorn, now do you?

While I will fully admit that US$1 million may not be considered a ‘fortune’ by everyone, the fact remains that it is a substantial amount of money that is up for grabs to anyone who can prove the reality of Indigo Children or any other paranormal phenomenon. It may be noble to claim that those who profess to have proof of the paranormal, such as Indigo Children, do not have money on their minds, it seems that the facts show otherwise. Mrwupy has already given us personal testimony to one couple’s use of the Indigo Children hypothesis to make money. The fact that there are numerous books out on the subject of Indigo Children and related topics (like the new Crystal Children, oh my!) also shows that there are people out to make money off of the hype. And of course there are the websites, which the link to the Skeptic Report goes into. Don’t take the report’s word, though--any Google search for “Indigo Children” will find you plenty of sites where people are trying to make money off of the hypothesis. And yet, one need not even desire to make money or become rich to take up the challenge of the James Randi Educational Foundation (as well as the similar challenges of other groups). The prize could obviously be donated to charity, or else it could be used purely as operating costs towards furthering the dissemination of information about Indigo Children. And of course, whether one wants the money or not, the publicity itself in proving in a scientific test that Indigo Children (or whatever else) truly exists couldn’t possibly be anything but positive, could it? A chance to prove the hypothesis without a doubt and no one’s taking it? There are numerous advantages to be had from accepting the Million Dollar Challenge, and no disadvantages that I can think of.

I’m certain that I saw something in one of your messages about the scientific method failing, but I can’t seem to find it now. Did you remove it in one of your edits?

[edit on 31-8-2005 by Lexicon]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
GUYS I DON'T HAVE TELEKINESIS OR ANYTHING BUT... I have predicted when my friend was gonna call. ( he didn't tell me at all.) and I rode my bike home randomly. Right when I walked in my house I heard the answering machine and I picked up. I have predicted other things to. I am not a phychic at all. no way. against religion. don't believe in em.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
So I am troubled when someone claims to be something special, but then makes their living off of others in the fashion the originators of this Theory seem to be doing. I do not mind when people write books, I may do that myself one of these days, but the sort of direct financial gain that seems to be attached to the Indigo Child movement is disturbing.

Alexander, that was a very interesting and informative post, thanks. Could you provide me (and others) with weblinks to such organizations? I'm not disputing your case, just interested to know more about why some of these groups would require the money, and what avenues are being used. Seems like you have researched the topic well.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I agree with Lexicon. While I believe in the possibility of extrasensory perception such as telekinesis, telepathy, and other phenomena; and understand that J. B. Rhine's experiments at Duke University provided sound data, I don't buy into the "hidden DNA" business at all. If someone can show any positive correlation between statistically significant esp phenomena and any changes in a person's DNA, then I will certainly have to accept such evidence.

But so far, there is no evidence for such correlation at all; and until there is, the whole concept of "Indigo Children" is, to my mind, on a par with Santa Claus and the Tooth Gay.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau

To the original poster my advice is thus: Tell your parents that you have found this Theory and you feel these things. Ask them to, with as much of an open mind as they are capable of, to investigate them with you.

If they are so religious that you know they cannot possibly do this, then ask someone else you trust. I realize that you have in a way done this here, but none of us can see you and that limits how much we can really do to help you.

100% spot on. As a parent myself, I know it's literally impossible to monitor children, especially young teens, all the time. It really disturbs me when I see anyone giving advice that includes "don't tell your parents", especially with no followup to find a trustworthy adult. On behalf of the original poster, thanks AT for another thoughtful intelligent post with some excellent advice. Bud, when my kids inevitably seek advice from someone other than their mother or me, I hope it's from someone as caring and responsible as you. You get my first WATS for the month.

my $0.02- Indigo Children = New Age Hooey.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
All I can say is WOW. I stumbled in here thinking that perhaps this had something to do with the URANTIA group.

Imagine my surprise to find the latest incarnation of the cult of Narcissus...Sounds like all my highschool goth friends.

Seriously though does anyone know if there is any connection there at all?

[edited to sound less condescending]

[edit on 2-9-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ah yes take my little test and see if you are a Seafoam Sibling;

1. Do you ever feel like you are "being watched"?
2. Do you ever see things out of the corner of your eye that aren't there?
3. Do you ever make "kissy" faces at your "dimensional twin" when looking in the mirror?
4. Do you ever get that "not so fresh" feeling.
5. Do you like to eat food?

Well congratulations! You too are a Seafoam Sibling! Call 1-800-NUTCASE to get you spiffy foil hat for only $199.99!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Some people will buy into anything if it makes them feel special. If being anti-social makes you royalty, I know a few people that will be Kings of the Universe!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadboy
Ah yes take my little test and see if you are a Seafoam Sibling;

1. Do you ever feel like you are "being watched"?
2. Do you ever see things out of the corner of your eye that aren't there?
3. Do you ever make "kissy" faces at your "dimensional twin" when looking in the mirror?
4. Do you ever get that "not so fresh" feeling.
5. Do you like to eat food?

Well congratulations! You too are a Seafoam Sibling! Call 1-800-NUTCASE to get you spiffy foil hat for only $199.99!!!

That was worth a chuckle of the day award from me...love it.

Maybe they will see the folly of labeling is but a method of control.

32 Flavors
I am thirty-two flavors and then some
And I'm beyond your peripheral vision
So you might want to turn your head
Cause someday you might find you're starving
and eating all of the words you said

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You have ADD or some kind of personality disorder, or who knows what... I dunno, but you're not some "Indigo Child" who's more advanced than the rest of society who will bring about a new age for mankind in 2012 when the world changes resonating frequencies or whatever the nutbars are feeding you, that's for sure.

lol, just because you dont believe doesn't meen its not true. Wake up friend this is for the better good. In scientific fact it shows that "matter" is made of atoms vibrating so fast that they're dense frequency (in contrast to high frequency, such as light) causes the illusion of meterial existance. There is just under 100% nothing in everything.

This, for those who only believe in what science says, is science.

Just because you dont believe, doesn't mean its not true.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodsyboy

Just because you dont believe, doesn't mean its not true.

Very true.

But it does put the burden of proof on the claimant.

Not the disbeliever....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join