It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will terrorists take advantage of the hurricane?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhh
Doubtful, plus it is looking more likely that this storm will miss New orleans and head more east. But it will be dumping wuite a bit of rain.

lol

Well we know you not be psychic for sure :p

honestly where were all the attuned minds on this one I ask?

Sylvia Browne got some splainin' to do!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Give them a few days, they'll be coming up with backdated pieces of notebook paper where they wrote down this particular prediction.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripnastic

Give them a few days, they'll be coming up with backdated pieces of notebook paper where they wrote down this particular prediction.

Oh there were people that new this was coming but take 1 guess at whos fault it is?

"It appears that the money has been moved in the president’s budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that’s the price we pay. Nobody locally is happy that the levees can’t be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us."

-- Walter Maestri, emergency management chief for Jefferson Parish, Louisiana; New Orleans Times-Picayune, June 8, 2004.

www.pnionline.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Memphis, you can't get control if the criminal element is running the show. Simple.
I understand your frustration; I'm mad enough to chew nails and spit metal dust because of the total lack of command and control and governmental preparedness on all levels, but it can't be allowed to turn into Magadishu or you'll see no aide or evacuations at all!

In reference to the original question; all I have to say is that if the terrorists DO NOT take advantage of the national situation and weakness and do something, I will seriously start to doubt the existence of the terrorists!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
We'll find out what Cheney is planning to do on Wednesday. Maybe this is why the evacuation is so pathetic, they want to take out as many blacks as they can. When the truth comes out Bush and Cheney and some G8 leaders will go down in history as the most disgusting people to ever live.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
so you think they are moving slowly in the evacuation because they are black? perhaps shooting at rescue workers speeds this process up?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This does have something to do with it. If they were all white, middle or upper class things would be a hellof a lot speedier.
Dont fool yourselves.
It is as it is.

Shots? I have yet to hear the sound track of the shots. Its my opinion that these people, though desperate, have been extremely peaceful- much more so that i would imagine. Dead bodies everywhere...sick people..give me a break. IF someone fired a shot, that person had probably gone crazy or insane...

WILL TERRORISTS TAKE ADVANTAGE? yes, they already have.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Something I have been noticing in the news is high cristism of the Government response, including FOX news.

This no longer something like public opinion that politicians can control.

People around the country are witnessing what is going on in the south, in our own back yard and I truly think is beyond bipartisan politics.

Our nation is not ready to handle this situation.

And the rest of the world is also aware of that fact and also terrorist.

What is going on? is our government failing us.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Something I have been nothing in the news is high cristism of the Government response, including FOX news.
What is going on? is our government failing us.

I disagree. I distinctly remember hearing that one of our "leaders" went on TV and gave out a URL for a website that people could access.

All the poor people had to do was to loot a PC from their local Circut City to access it.:shk:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Will terrorists take advantage of the hurricane? Hard to say, but the Bush Administration sure will. If you think they aren't doing merry little jigs right now you are foolish. This distraction from the increasing anti-war / anti-Bush movement is the answer to Bush's prayers. Afterall, he is in direct communication with God, remember?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't think so, remember the 911 attack was planned for 6 years. I don't think Terrorists would compromise any plans they may have and rush to capitalize on this unexpected event. If they rush then they will make mistakes and get caught.

Also I don't know what many of you are imagining so let me clear it up for you. I live on a major city on the East Coast and its business as usual here. The police are still here and the city is still functioning, so don't confuse NO with other cities. Terrorists would still have the same amount of security to get past here regardless of what happens in NO.

Its sad to see petty politics and partisan finger pointing doesn't stop, even when we should unite as Americans and work together for the common good of our country

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Its sad to see petty politics and partisan finger pointing doesn't stop, even when we should unite as Americans and work together for the common good of our country

Hey, don't judge what I am doing to help those in need based on my ability to see the Administration for who they are. I have sent money, goods, and blood all within the first 48 hours of the hurricane. What have you done?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join