It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Camps- Hurricane Katrina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm sure everyone is aware of the devastation about to be set on New Orleans with as many as one million possibly left homeless because of the monster CAT-5 Katrina. What I would like to bring up is if this doomsday for NO happens indeed as the worst fears indicate, then we may see a "trial run" of FEMA camps that may be used to hold as many as one million people. I believe this is an important after-thought of the hurricane itself but I would like to raise awareness of this possibilty now.

Good luck and God bless those caught in the path of Katrina.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The "FEMA camps" have been proved to be urban legends (over and over again.) We had at least two research teams from ATS investigating them, and they also concluded that it was an urban legend.

And I'm not sure that you have made the connection that many of the people in NO have already left... by their own cars and other means. I don't think they're driving themselves to "concentration camps.' Instead, they're driving to the homes of friends and relatives.

...unless you're somehow proposing that those of us with friends and relatives in the area are somehow turning into concentration camps for our friends that we're hosting until their houses are repaired.

The urban legends aren't going to affect anyone.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I wish I had the answer...I worked for FEMA last year....and they called me today!!! All I did was call intake and later moved into flood mapping......thought I was helping people....

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The "FEMA camps" have been proved to be urban legends (over and over again.) We had at least two research teams from ATS investigating them, and they also concluded that it was an urban legend.

And I'm not sure that you have made the connection that many of the people in NO have already left... by their own cars and other means. I don't think they're driving themselves to "concentration camps.' Instead, they're driving to the homes of friends and relatives.

...unless you're somehow proposing that those of us with friends and relatives in the area are somehow turning into concentration camps for our friends that we're hosting until their houses are repaired.

The urban legends aren't going to affect anyone.

Byrd, I believe what I intended to get across was that when these people return, close to a million may be homeless after this storm. They will need immediate shelter which may possibily be provided by FEMA. This would require setting up temporary camps to house the homeless.

I do not know if FEMA camps exist or not but I know enough to not believe everything else people believe in.

top topics

join