It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continued Conspiracy of Copyright Violation by Members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
1. What organization/organisation?
2. What images?
3. What's the problem/damages?

The problem has been spelled out. You are only a member, therefore you are not qualified as someone who will recieve the facts pertaining to images ect. I have done all I can to help here, it's out of my hands now.

So ehm.. if it's now out of your hands, I'll take it that the site owners will be notified, the members' avatars that are in question will be changed and it will be done and over with.

So why exactly do you insist on continuing this dog and pony show? hmm?

And that building picture is of a United States Federal Building so no-one can copyright that image. It houses west coast offices for the F.B.I., State Department, Homeland Security and other agencies. Still don't like it? Too friggin bad.

So did you ask the website owner of www.facts1.com... if you could attribute the picture to an inflammatory post targeted at a very popular forum? Or did you ask Doug Dkieso if you could pull the picture from his personal ftp and use it in "legal" battle of your own? Hmm?

Seems to me that you're a hypocrit.

[edit on 9/6/2005 by QuietSoul]

[edit on 9/6/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
is my avatar copyrighted??? lol google this in images YES I mean it "Lamagraa"

all because my avatar is the only thing you see does it mean its copyrighted ?

I would hope/think not

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
"Its not a big deal, until you make it a big deal..." -Seth Gecko

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by timb3r
Between you both, you've just quoted American laws and given me copyrighted photgraph (did you get photographers permission to post that ?) of your place of work in America. I would respectfully like to point out to you that there several rather large bodies of water with other little pieces of land on them outside your borders.

All covered by International Copyright Law as previously mentioned, try doing a little research before you pop your cork off.

You arrogant mis-quoting fool.

Re-read my post, I have no time people who selectively quote.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

This is not a pointless thread.

It was a pointless thread from the first post. At least you now see the irrelvancy of this thread toward this forum.

In a discussion just a couple of weeks ago, I was asked, in depth, about this discussion board and the use of copyrighted materials. It seems that an organisation that holds a copyright on some of the artwork being used by members on this website is concerned about peoples continuing use of their images when posting threads that the owner of said copyright is completely in disagreement with and wishes no association between the posting, the poster and their image (property).

You must be Lars Ulrich in disguise, crying here about images on a friggen FORUM since the general public is tired of hearing the cries about Mp3's. Damn thing is, you're crying over other peoples stuff. Ironic as hell how they can ask YOU, in depth even, about "their" images here, but can't come here and ask directly? Sounds like blatant BS to me.

In simple english children - the owner of the coyrighted material is unhappy with your use of it due to the association between YOUR POSTINGS and THEIR IMAGES.

There ya go, try some belittlement, that will earn you everyones thorough attention. Perhaps THEY should voice THEIR disgruntledness about it.

If you don't like it, too friggin bad, they don't care what third world x-power you are from, they don't want you using their images (property).

If you don't like it, too friggin bad, we don't care what you think about it, it is quite obvious as per these replies their images will be used until THEY have something to say about it to the image poster, in a fashion that will be blatant "they" are the copyright holder with the legal backing to deem the non-use of said images pertinant.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
alrighty I looked on the google image search for "Lamagraa"
and I LOOKED REAL HARD FOR A COPYRIGHT =none thank god I'm in the clear lol

BTW Avatar by UKwizard...the own

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
OH I SEE!

(more points for Chuck as he laughs at us all)

I don't get it because I'm a MEMBER as is Chuck, but MEMBER Chuck gets it because he's talked to the Secret Unreals. Chuck posted this for MEMBERS who have no way of getting it anyway. The images were so important that MEMBERS were not notified of said nonexistent images' importance to the Secret Unreals. Chuck won't have all bases covered until he puts his message in a bottle and throws it into some stagnant pond somewhere. Then everyone who can't do anything anyway will have been thoroughly and competently informed of meaningless vagaries that they can't understand anyway due to the Secret Unreals' silence and secrecy.

Were the Secrent Unreals images secret? Tough toenails. They're in the wild now. (insert evil maniacal laughter here).

I feel that now we are all to begin speculation as to what the Secret Unreals' images are. (more points for chuck).

AND ALSO. I have made tee-shirts of all members' avatars and I wear them daily in rotation. Also, each day I hang a shirt in my car and if anyone takes a picture of my car and shirt, or the avatar shirt that I am wearing, I grab the cameras and run because I own the cameras. Furthermore, if anyone looks at the shirts for too long, I force them to draw the images from memory. If the remembered image is too similar to the shirts of the avatars...I then thump any of these people over the head with a bat until they succumb to amnesia or in the unfortunately more common instances, coma and/or death.

Often, in their final gasps, they ask "Please. What have I done?" I wish I could tell them but I can't.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

[edit on 6-9-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
So - How many LAWS am I BREAKING by using this Image of Obi Wan Kenobi as my Avatar?

Let's take in consideration that Slovenia - the country that I live in - is NOT the 51st State of the USA.

I have a certain feeling that this is directed at me - and if you look around ALOT of members (including Moderators) are using Movie Images for their avatars.

[edit on 12/9/05 by Souljah]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Souljah...

I think the point was "international copyright law", not just US copyright law.

Technically, yeah, there are probably Mods and posters who are contravening Ye Olde Mean And Nastie For Ruining My Fun copyright rules, but let's face it - on this board in particular - does it really matter?

Chuck was making a point, and a valid point. Sure, it seems petty to some people, but it doesn't render the point moot. It just indicates that on the grand scheme of things, the general consensus is that it's just not that big a deal.

Don't take things so personally

(besides, there's probably a case to claim "fair use" if anything like this was even accepted as a basis for a lawsuit - and there's more chance of seeing Jessica Simpson become President of MENSA than there is of that ever happening)

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am not taking things personally - I guess Chucky is.

Why did he mention my name when talking about Star Wars Avatars - but he did not mention our skippytjc and the image of Darth Maul?

Hmmm...

Makes me wonder how many people here do have avatars that are in direct violation of copyright laws.

[edit on 12/9/05 by Souljah]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As for me, I will do deliberate search for the artist that constructed my avatar image (probably a staff artist at Baen or somesuch) and give credit...

I sure haven't made money, and I haven't altered it in any way to make it look bad, so... as others have said...
ain't no thing but a chicken wing...

I wouldn't worry, until you are taking someones image, and twisting it to be offensive, or making money off it...
give credit where possible... and no feathers should get ruffled...

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
When and if we receive a direct request from a copyright holder, an appropriate response will be offered. So far, no such contact has been made.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join