It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continued Conspiracy of Copyright Violation by Members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Big deal, it's an avatar, it's not hurtning anyone, Get over it CHUCK.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selective_ID
Big deal, it's an avatar, it's not hurtning anyone, Get over it CHUCK.

So other than this truly enlightening response, what are your thoughts on copyright infringement and/or piracy?

(I believe that's Chuck's point...)

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hmmm. Well, I got my avatar from a Google Images thumbnail page.

Now, would Google hold the copyright and if so does the monkey get royalties?

Just kidding.

I'll take a chance and stick with my, erm, siamang.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ahem...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

That thar is funny! Can someone please translate the above post? I can't wait to see what is says. Deutch?

By they way, I've still yet to hear a good reason why "the law does not apply" so point goes to Chuck.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Helmutt, many of us don't have Euro, or Netherlands configuration on our systems, so we can;t see your post.

All it appears to say is "Ahem ..."

So I am guessing you intended yo make a one line post?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
Helmutt, many of us don't have Euro, or Netherlands configuration on our systems, so we can;t see your post.

All it appears to say is "Ahem ..."

So I am guessing you intended yo make a one line post?

ok, ok. I hosted the picture now. Now you should be able to see it here below:

Translation:
"Funny holiday pictures in your camera?
We give you the cheapest prints"

(sheepest?
)
It´s in Norwegian, btw

[edit on 2005/9/1 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Please... 1998 this was ALL settled... NEXT

m...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Translation:
"Funny holiday pictures in your camera?
We give you the cheapest prints"

(sheepest?
)
It´s in Norwegian, btw

I love it!
That's worth coming to the thread for. Thanks for the clarification on languages, still trying to learn to identify. My favorite music group is from there. Perhaps you've heard of:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

Research is your friend

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment;

and

summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report

That would be the difference, Dulcimer.

(And my use of said passages appears to qualify as "fair use")

Chuck and Tinkleflower.

Between you both, you've just quoted American laws and given me copyrighted photgraph (did you get photographers permission to post that ?) of your place of work in America. I would respectfully like to point out to you that there several rather large bodies of water with other little pieces of land on them outside your borders.

Sorry, I'm being sarcastic here and I know copyright laws are very similar across the world, but its the accidental (?) arrogance of forum posters to assume the people visiting the site are based in their country and subject to their laws.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by timb3r
Sorry, I'm being sarcastic here and I know copyright laws are very similar across the world, but its the accidental (?) arrogance of forum posters to assume the people visiting the site are based in their country and subject to their laws.

You'd have a point.

Except I'm a Brit. Born and raised in England.

The reason US laws were used is probably quite simple; the majority of posters here are - I'd guess - US-based, but perhaps more to the point, the pages quoted were amongst the easiest to understand and attach.

With that in mind, I'll respectfully draw your attention to the Berne Convention:

Berne Convention

Obligatory wiki reference

And also, the Universal Copyright Convention

Simply: same rules basically, just infinitely more wordy

Either way, we're all subject to the same internationally-accepted copyright laws.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm being sarcastic here and I know copyright laws are very similar across the world.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm being sarcastic here and I know copyright laws are very similar across the world.

Yeap, Tim, I caught that.

It was the "arrogance of...." bit to which I was responding, really.

Being a fellow Brit, and all that rot

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yeah, you're right, I respectfully withdraw that statement aimed at you then

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
One big thing I learned about the Law, the only Opinions that matter are the Supreme Courts. So it can only be Violator or Good Netizen.

Note: I am on that property five days a week!

Interesting...What if the Supreme Court says: It is now against the law to say anything negative towards the USAs leadership, especially this one and that all violators will be killed?

Oh yeah, The Supreme Court is the all seeing eye and orator of the heavens and we must abide. It is the law

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This thread is a genius way to make points. Pointless, but genius.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is not a pointless thread.

In a discussion just a couple of weeks ago, I was asked, in depth, about this discussion board and the use of copyrighted materials. It seems that an organisation that holds a copyright on some of the artwork being used by members on this website is concerned about peoples continuing use of their images when posting threads that the owner of said copyright is completely in disagreement with and wishes no association between the posting, the poster and their image (property).

In simple english children - the owner of the coyrighted material is unhappy with your use of it due to the association between YOUR POSTINGS and THEIR IMAGES.

If you don't like it, too friggin bad, they don't care what third world x-power you are from, they don't want you using their images (property).

And that building picture is of a United States Federal Building so no-one can copyright that image. It houses west coast offices for the F.B.I., State Department, Homeland Security and other agencies. Still don't like it? Too friggin bad.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Between you both, you've just quoted American laws and given me copyrighted photgraph (did you get photographers permission to post that ?) of your place of work in America. I would respectfully like to point out to you that there several rather large bodies of water with other little pieces of land on them outside your borders.

All covered by International Copyright Law as previously mentioned, try doing a little research before you pop your cork off.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ok chuck.

1. What organization/organisation?
2. What images?
3. What's the problem/damages?

I might reply depending on the clarity, directness, and detail of your answers.

(No. I don't believe any of this. But there's always a chance right?)

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
1. What organization/organisation?
2. What images?
3. What's the problem/damages?

The problem has been spelled out. You are only a member, therefore you are not qualified as someone who will recieve the facts pertaining to images ect. I have done all I can to help here, it's out of my hands now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join